It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at Dallas Love Field airport caught on harrowing video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: theantediluvian

Was that 9 shots? And still after, the guard/officer is yelling 'stay down'? Where is someone shot at 9 times going?

If he refused to stay down after the first shots it is safe enough to assume that the man comming at the LEO with a rock in his hand is high on something and remains a threat to the LEO and all the people around them that this LEO is supposed to protect.

Here you can see someone high on meth. He doesn't even know, feel or care that his guts are literarily hanging out of his own stomach and he's walking around casually and capable.
www.liveleak.com...

Here is a guy not on meth getting tazered 3 times and he still manages to fight his way out and run away. He didnt have a weapon in his hands though.

If these guys do not shoot or use a unreliable non lethal solution on someone who shows instability and has a weapon and ends up wounding or killing any of the bystanders they get blamed as well. Also these cops like to get home alive to their families without skull fractures you know.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 11 Jun 2016 00:12:16 -05001620166America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Like another poster said, let's wait for the facts.

But please let me add a personal story. I lived in Reno, NV for several years. There's a huge meth problem there that is simply out of control.

I had a man on meth threaten me with a fist sized rock. A couple of years before that a 17 year old boy was killed in Vegas by a deliberate rock attack of comparable size.

I drew on that dude so fast most people who spoke with the police said they never saw the draw. I was scared #less. I yelled "drop it!" At the top of my lungs. He complied. If he hadn't I was prepared to shoot because I'm not going to wait for a guy high on meth to smash my skull in with a rock before I shoot him.

So you tell me. What was this cop suppose to do? Wait for the guy, while responding to an already violent situation, armed with a bludgeon/projectile to hit him?

What if the first 3 shots didn't stop him? What if the next three shots didn't stop him? We have no idea exactly what happened. But, I'm willing to bet it didn't happen for no reason.

edit on 11 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I'm usually one too hard on cops but if the guy had a rock and charged, that equals clean shoot.

I don't care how many bullets it took.
edit on 11-6-2016 by FaunaOrFlora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
An update to the story is that the guy was being dropped off by his girlfriend. After he got out of her car he started hitting her car first with a traffic cone, then started using "landscaping rocks."

Once police arrived, he told them "you're gonna have to shoot me" at least once.

Sounds like he lost his crap. Whether it was thanks to drugs or something else hasn't been specified yet.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here's the complete surveillance video of the incident. This does a much better job of showing what actually happened.

edit on 11-6-2016 by AtomicMod because: (no reason given)

Direct link:

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicMod

Only use the video number to embed them. In this case it would be [ yvid]u9TasagB5Jo[ /yvid] without the spaces.

They gave him plenty of opportunity to put the rock down and cooperate and he didn't.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Tons of opportunity and there were way too many innocents including children in the area to give him space.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That video more than confirms my suspicions as to what actually took place.

Thank you for the update.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

So, we have an out of control cop shooting someone for holding a ROCK??? A minimum of half a dozen shots, for that??? We don't need to remove guns from the citizenry we need to remove them from the cops.

You are missing the point, rocks are a threat and what does the airport do, they go around planting rocks so that anybody having a bad day can arm themselves and become confrontational. Ban the rocks, not the cop who was threatened by one. /sarc

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

So, we have an out of control cop shooting someone for holding a ROCK??? A minimum of half a dozen shots, for that??? We don't need to remove guns from the citizenry we need to remove them from the cops.

You are missing the point, rocks are a threat and what does the airport do, they go around planting rocks so that anybody having a bad day can arm themselves and become confrontational. Ban the rocks, not the cop who was threatened by one. /sarc

Time to ban the rocks!! Sticks, too, since one can injure with those. We'll have to start by cutting down all the trees.

/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

But please let me add a personal story. I lived in Reno, NV for several years. There's a huge meth problem there that is simply out of control.

I had a man on meth threaten me with a fist sized rock. A couple of years before that a 17 year old boy was killed in Vegas by a deliberate rock attack of comparable size.

I drew on that dude so fast most people who spoke with the police said they never saw the draw. I was scared #less. I yelled "drop it!" At the top of my lungs. He complied. If he hadn't I was prepared to shoot because I'm not going to wait for a guy high on meth to smash my skull in with a rock before I shoot him.

So you tell me. What was this cop suppose to do? Wait for the guy, while responding to an already violent situation, armed with a bludgeon/projectile to hit him?

What if the first 3 shots didn't stop him? What if the next three shots didn't stop him? We have no idea exactly what happened. But, I'm willing to bet it didn't happen for no reason.

Exactly, meth heads usually dont even notice being hit by bullets. This leo had to protect himself and the people around him. The person approaching him and others with a large rock in his hand comes last in that chain.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Waiting for the facts is an excellent plan! In this case, I was being a bit facetious. Guess I should have made that more clear.

Yes, of course a rock can be a real threat, and I'd draw myself, in such a situation. Glad you were able. Meth heads can be seriously violent, from all I have heard.

My comment was more to point out how silly the anti-gun commentators can be, than any actual opinion. Sorry I didn't make that plain. My bad.

In the cops case, if the perp is still a threat, you keep shooting. Smaller caliber guns don't do as much damage.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join