It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at Dallas Love Field airport caught on harrowing video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Shooting at Dallas Love Field airport caught on harrowing video

A shooting has reportedly taken place in the baggage claim area of the Dallas Love Field airport in Dallas, Texas. The shooting was first reported at the airport on Twitter around 12:15 p.m. on Friday afternoon on Twitter. A smartphone video that captured the shooting shows a security officer at the airport pointing his gun after gunshots can be heard firing. “Get down!” the man shouted repeatedly with his weapon pointed.

I'll be back in a sec with more details and a video.

EDIT:

Details are just coming in but from what I'm hearing, it sounds like that the man who was shot was threatening a LEO with a rock. As people were fleeing the gunshots, apparently a woman was trampled. It's unclear if she was taken to the hospital. First impression is the person shot might be mentally ill (speculation).

They're saying that one person was transported to the hospital, I assume it was the man who was shot. The video was posted to Instagram at 12:20 CST so about 43 minutes ago. From what I can gather, it sounds like the police responded to *something* that was going on and the man approached the officers with what has been repeatedly referred to as a rock.
edit on 2016-6-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ugg the idiot in the background. "wtf why all the extra shots for" Maybe because handguns suck as fightstoppers and it took more?

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
How big was this rock since it caused the only solution to be a shooting.

I'm sorry to say it but some of this is getting very lame.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Was that 9 shots? And still after, the guard/officer is yelling 'stay down'? Where is someone shot at 9 times going?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Ugg the idiot in the background. "wtf why all the extra shots for" Maybe because handguns suck as fightstoppers and it took more?

iTruthSeeker

Well, that is a good question. Why is a person on the scene, who obviously sees it as excessive, an idiot?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

A rock is a deadly weapon. No problem there.

You mean you think guns shouldn't always be used? Police should tolerate more threat to themselves? Or do you mean people with mental illness or unpredictable behaviour need to be monitored more effectively?
edit on 6/10/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Okay in the press conference, they're saying it was a domestic dispute between a man and his children's mother. The children were not present. Apparently the broken windows on the car in the were from him throwing rocks. Here's the picture from the RT link in the OP:

You can see a rock on the hood and another on the ground. They're not saying if he was approaching the cops with a rock in his hand or what. Only one officer discharged his weapon. No word on the status of he man who was shot but he was apparently conscious when he was taken away.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

iTruthSeeker

Well, that is a good question. Why is a person on the scene, who obviously sees it as excessive, an idiot?

People have this Hollywood misconception that handguns are death rays. There are many cases where they guy took 10-15+ rounds, in vital spots and was still able to fight. The way training goes in every circle is you shoot until the threat stops whatever they were doing. Sometimes than can be accomplished with 1 shot and sometimes it takes many.

There are many videos of robberies, etc, where the victim made fatal hits on target, but the badguy managed to kill them still, while later walking a few feet then collapsing dead. Point I was making is this guy on camera has no idea what happened and cannot even see the suspect, and he knows nothing about the reality of gunfights. It is people like him who paint guns and cops in a negative light while knowing nothing about what they are talking about.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 10-6-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Note to self: When hearing gunshots, walk/run away from their direction, not towards them.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

originally posted by: roadgravel

A rock is a deadly weapon. No problem there.

But you know lets ban guns because they make loud scary sounds and are associated with suicide and crime.

This is not about banning guns. You have gone fgar afield. It is about getting the details of what happened here and if the firing of the weapon and the amount of times was necessary. That is why a police officer undergoes an investigation every time they fire their weapon. That seemed to be too much force.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
People are incredibly calm...

I'd be all:

edit on 10-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Yeah, I know, everything to an officer is a deadly weapon, including the person. Still lame.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Not long after the Air Force changed to the 9mm, police on Fairchild AFB responded to an incident involving a man on PCP. Both responding officers emptied a magazine, and reloaded. He was physically hit something like 15 times and only went down after being shot in the head.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You would be surprised

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

From what I can gather, it sounds like the police responded to *something* that was going on and the man approached the officers with what has been repeatedly referred to as a rock.

Well according to witnesses the man dared the cops to shoot him before charging at them...

Witnesses told Dallas broadcaster WFAA the suspect dared the officer to "shoot me" before he charged.

www.reuters.com...

Looks like someone was looking for suicide by cop.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Was that 9 shots? And still after, the guard/officer is yelling 'stay down'? Where is someone shot at 9 times going?

Sometimes people go wherever they want after being shot nine times, and more.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
just another day in the US of A .
tune in next week for another mass shooting spree.

good thing my gun is always close by for protection from other guns. south park was right.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I've seen dude take multiple hits from rifle rounds and still keep coming.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
50 cent. Still rapping. I say wait until all the facts are in before passing judgement on the police officer.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

So, we have an out of control cop shooting someone for holding a ROCK??? A minimum of half a dozen shots, for that??? We don't need to remove guns from the citizenry we need to remove them from the cops.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join