It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxation is slavery

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr
a reply to: Aristotelian1

I would think that in the history of mankind, not one working example in modern day of this system working is proof enough.

If you actually believe this is possible in today's day and age, i don't know what to tell you.
Oh. That's easy. Give an argument demonstrating how it's logically impossible to have a civilization without taxes. Until you do that, your words are empty.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

And you are hopelessly naive if you think it is.

As a previous poster pointed out, a good example of a tax free society in this day and age is C.A.R. Another would be Somalia.

Your hippy commune idea isn't going to work.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If they only used our taxes for the benefit of our own country then I don't think most people would have a problem with it, but when sooooo much of the money they take from us that they give to other countries or even just goes missing that is where most people have a problem.
Oh you want to tax my dollars so many times and then loose it or give it to a country whose government pretty much keeps it for themselves and screw their people? Sure that's cool. ....

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
This topic gets me especially riled up.

Our extremely short lives are being skimmed off of.

The money has value to me, once I earn it.

It is pretty gd arrogant to think you own 50% of someone's working life.

Especially when money is printed from paper, with no value backing it.

Politicians have raped this country dry, in all directions.

Until people speak up, we will continue to be milked and controlled.

It is probably time for an employee shutdown, until we get the gov we want.

We can't vote the US back to reality.

I agree, but how would something take place?

People just stop working and then it gives banks more control becuause they can wait it out, can ask for a bailout until people return to work.

They could implememnt robot workforces to do the job, which I assume would be the first things implemented if there was a strike of global proportions.

If people stopped buying and just started producing their own goods-trading and planting their own vegetables and raising meat, there would be state laws implemented to circumvent that.

The West is a capitalistic government and if everyone doesn't buy in, then they will be left out to dry their human skin hides out in the sun until those that realize the penalty for not being apart of the system.

Every government is that way, it is escapable but you can be criminalized for doing so.

People do speak up and it goes nowhere, and sometimes banned. There are too many voices with no resonance.

Look at protests and where it gets them, for the most part nowhere. Sometimes MSM doesn't even talk about it unless some sort of riot breaks out, thus, condemning the common people from having an opinion since it is always the protestors that instigate it (as they want it to seem), not the people in riot gear roaming the streets in military vehicles armed to the brim of their armor.

History is being whitewashed as we speak in order to prevent an uprising if dissent. That is how it works and always will. Change the laws slowly as well as the language and the history changes as well and we forget about atrocity and injustice. We keep plodding along hoping something will happen until it never does because every person is torn between one subject, when in fact we stand together 90% of the time.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
I'll be defending this argument:

Premise 1:All cases of slavery are cases of a person's time, body, money, or other resources, being allocated without that person's consent.
Premise 2: Taxation is an instance of a person's money being allocated without their consent.
Conclusion: Therefore, taxation is slavery.

Here's a very interesting link to read, also.
www.titanians.org...

The essence of all slavery consists in taking the product of another’s labour by force. It is immaterial whether this force be founded on ownership of the slave or ownership of the money he must get to live – Leo Tolstoy

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

The essence of all slavery consists in taking the product of another’s labour by force. It is immaterial whether this force be founded on ownership of the slave or ownership of the money he must get to live – Leo Tolstoy

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Wow, you have discovered a quote by Tolstoy. Well done. Do you know the context?

How is taking tax from someone akin to slavery, as per OP. Does he have a quote for that?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: Azureblue

Wow, you have discovered a quote by Tolstoy. Well done. Do you know the context?

How is taking tax from someone akin to slavery, as per OP. Does he have a quote for that?

dunno what all that means but sill. I think what your saying is that in your opinion Tolstoys quote is not relevant to the OPs thread. i do tend to give a different perspective on the same topic as I think it might help people.

perhaps I should have taken the line that the OP had've researched how govt gave away the right to create money to banks and not reserved that same right for the citzens, inso far as govt expediture goes, then none of us would need to pay much tax tall. All that would needed would be a tax to administer the system.

Chekout "The Remarkable Model Of The Commonwealth Bank Of Australia" Ellen Brown, August 4th, 2010

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join