It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUILD THAT WALL...says the DNC for the convention in Philly?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: matafuchs

Hillary wants to build a bridge . . . . . . . . that only the elite have access to.

...and her army of Internet Trolls can live under.

The internet troll legions will be stopped with wifi barriers.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

hey reldra....this kind of crap has been going on for quite some time on ATS.....a hyperbolic false title is nothing new, it's when you actually look up the details that their arguments fall apart.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
But why? If the southern border does not need a wall why should the Democratic convention. Who cares how it was before. Why should I have an open border for illegals but a wall to stop Americans?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You being purposfully ignorant on this one. It funny because of the concept overall. No-one cares that it's not the DNC thats heading up the idea - that doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that they are putting up a wall to keep people who they have deemed not fit to be inside the DNC convention out.

People are simply pointing out that if you can build a wall and expect it to keep people out of your convention then you essentially creating a little microcosm of the reasoning behind Trump's wall.

It's not a very good point, but to deny the irony of the situation and attempt to confuse the issue with the idea that who's building it somehow matters at all is a pretty blatant tomfoolery.

We good?

edit on 10-6-2016 by Bennyzilla because: wouldn't let me use hearts to express to Reldy how I really feel

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

That is your response? How about something about the thread since you stopped by?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

We don't need security tho...

Everyone is our friends duhhh stop being racist.

What is this stop being racust tangent you are on?

The Secret Service is building security fences, blocking some roads, etc at BOTH conventions. This is normal.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

You being purposfully ignorant on this one. It funny because of the concept overall. No-one cares that it's not the DNC thats heading up the idea - that doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that they are putting up a wall to keep people who they have deemed not fit to be inside the DNC convention out.

People are simply pointing out that if you can build a wall and expect it to keep people out of your convention then you essentially creating a little microcosm of the reasoning behind Trump's wall.

It's not a very good point, but to deny the irony of the situation and attempt to confuse the issue with the idea that who's building it somehow matters at all is a pretty blatant tomfoolery.

We good?

No. The Secret Service is doing this for BOTH conventions. This is normal. This is not new.

I am not being purposefully ignorant. Also, these are NOT walls. This is not ironic.

If Democrats suddenly asked for a wall to be built between the US and Canada, now THAT would be ironic.
edit on 10-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

You say THEY. THEY is the Secret service doing THIS atboth conventions.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
But why? If the southern border does not need a wall why should the Democratic convention. Who cares how it was before. Why should I have an open border for illegals but a wall to stop Americans?

because it's a terrorist target, as there will be top government officials there, and it's A FENCE, NOT A WALL, and it's been done at republican conventions, and it's through the secret service.....are you able to read English?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yeah. It's a FENCE...not a WALL. Geez...why is everyone so upset over a fence?
edit on 10-6-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

hey reldra....this kind of crap has been going on for quite some time on ATS.....a hyperbolic false title is nothing new, it's when you actually look up the details that their arguments fall apart.

Yep.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Fences, walls, all I know is, the lefties like to "bern" bridges.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Ask the Secret Service why both conventions need a fence. This is their number 202-406-5708.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That is your response? How about something about the thread since you stopped by?

YES!...this is my response.......the title of this thread using the word "wall", is a lie...it is fence, like every other convention has had around it....the title says the "DNC" wanted it done, which is a lie, it was the secret service....why don't ATS members of the right, take responsibility for their own false hyperbolic titles?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The OP is just pointing out the extreme hypocrisy on the left when Trump rallies are criticized for keeping people out, but it's a good thing when the dems keep people out.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Oooooookay...Well the definition of a "wall" is as follows:

A wall is a structure that defines an area, carries a load, or provides shelter or security. There are many kinds of walls:

So they are most definitely WALLS!

I was trying to agree with you that it's not a very strong point, but apparently you want to argue the validity of calling a wall a wall so there's nothing more to really be said here. Let me know when you discover what those things are holding up whatever structure you're in right now. I keep looking around and there are these four long things, they are holding up the building I'm in, I just cannot figure out what in the hell they are!

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Ask the U.S. Customs and Border Protection why the U.S southern border needs a Wall. This is their number
(800) 232-5378.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

So, what is the difference between a fence and a wall? I can create walls that are 2 feet high and fences that are 20 feet high? I guess I identify as a wall person not a fence person. I can pee on both in public so I guess the DNC has already won anyway...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The OP is just pointing out the extreme hypocrisy on the left when Trump rallies are criticized for keeping people out, but it's a good thing when the dems keep people out.

No one is keeping anyone out, as far as I can see. Both conventions show tickets available on their website.

edit: Actually, neither are open to the public. You have to be a delegate. I rememebr reading about how to become one, but I think the window is closed on that for both conventions. Both websites show local events that are 'related' convention activities. The DNC has a centralized festival it is selling tickets for. Both websites say if you want to go to the actual convention:

RNC: Contact the Ohio Republican party or your county Republican party.
DNC: Join the waitlist for volunteers.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

Oooooookay...Well the definition of a "wall" is as follows:

A wall is a structure that defines an area, carries a load, or provides shelter or security. There are many kinds of walls:

So they are most definitely WALLS!

I was trying to agree with you that it's not a very strong point, but apparently you want to argue the validity of calling a wall a wall so there's nothing more to really be said here. Let me know when you discover what those things are holding up whatever structure you're in right now. I keep looking around and there are these four long things, they are holding up the building I'm in, I just cannot figure out what in the hell they are!

Okay, so there are walls being built around both convention venues. The title of this thread says "DNC says Build That Wall". They do not say that.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Ask the Secret Service why both conventions need a fence. This is their number 202-406-5708.

lol, good call (so to speak)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join