It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Founder of Judge Curiel's Group: Whites Should Go Back to Europe, CA To Be 'Hispanic State'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

No, it's not "the Race." It is "The People" or "the Community."

Race and ethnic background are not the same, in Spanish or English.

They are focusing on their own community for support. Not unlike any other cultural or ethnic minority support group.

"Democratic" has been the official name of the party you're having so much trouble with since 1828 and even further back to the Democratic-Republican Party of Jefferson.

Careful, your partisan freak flag is flying: your examples about the Democratic Party are as absurd as your garden-variety mistake about the meaning of "La Raza."

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
where are judge curiels quotes ?

I can't find them

Woah, woah, woah, so now it's not enough that someone can associate themselves with a group lead by someone who has been caught with openly anti-American and anti-white (racist) objectives which are quoted in the OP, they now have to be caught saying the same or you refuse to believe it?

That isn't how it works with conservatives. You get caught associating even in the smallest six degrees of Kevin Bacon way with anyone or any group who might possibly have said something that anyone on the left considers to be racist/sexist/homophobic/Islamophobic/etc. then you have to disavow it and apologize for life, the universe, and everything and likely resign too, and then you are considered notorious forever after.

This is why Trump is so popular. He doesn't care and I think a large part of the country has just plain stopped caring, and you guys have only yourselves to blame for this.

They will simply move the goalpost wherever it seems fit.

No need to move any goalposts: OP talks about two different organizations started at two different times by different people.

But, hey, as long as it has "La Raza" in the name, its the same thing, amirite?

Just like ... La Raza Newspaper in Chicago IL or the Galeria de La Raza in San Francisco, or the La Raza Markets, or the La Raza Restaurants ... ALL THE SAM THING! (Actually, in a way they are ... as the phrase means "The People" or "The Community" but I digress.)

Yep, you've digressed... to the point where you don't know what you're talking about.

La Raza, literally translated means "The Race". But I just said that in my post above.
It doesn't have any literal or figurative connotation regarding people or community.

And you're repeating yourself ... and you're still mistaken:

No Conservative Media, that's Not What La Raza Means in Spanish - Media Matters

Dear Trump Fans La Raza is Not a Racist Term - LA Times

Etc, etc.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

They are focusing on their own community for support. Not unlike any other cultural or ethnic minority support group.

"Democratic" has been the official name of the party you're having so much trouble with since 1828 and even further back to the Democratic-Republican Party of Jefferson.

Careful, your partisan freak flag is flying: your examples about the Democratic Party are as absurd as your garden-variety mistake about the meaning of "La Raza."

Have some fun and do a Spanish-English dictionary translation of "raza". It means race, and as they use it is ethnic background.

I have spent well over 30 years living and working around these types. They tell me Aztlán will rise again and La Raza will rule it. Must be one real big community they're hoping to organize, eh?

Fortunately for you, you're over there on the other coast, which would seem to explain your lack of understanding of how these people over here think.

And pardon me for upsetting your political sensibilities. At least now we all know exactly which side of your bread gets buttered.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Have some fun and do a Spanish-English dictionary translation of "raza". It means race, and as they use it is ethnic background.

I have spent well over 30 years living and working around these types. They tell me Aztlán will rise again and La Raza will rule it. Must be one real big community they're hoping to organize, eh?

Fortunately for you, you're over there on the other coast, which would seem to explain your lack of understanding of how these people over here think.

And pardon me for upsetting your political sensibilities. At least now we all know exactly which side of your bread gets buttered.

You keep arguing from the dictionary.

Thanks for admitting your prejudice. What happened, did a Hispanic American get promoted ahead of you?

You haven't upset me, you're merely parroting garden-variety right-wing garbage.

Yeah, well at least now we know that you think butter is the same as feces, which is the only thing you're spreading here.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

You keep arguing from the dictionary.

Thanks for admitting your prejudice. What happened, did a Hispanic American get promoted ahead of you?

You haven't upset me, you're merely parroting garden-variety right-wing garbage.

Yeah, well at least now we know that you think butter is the same as feces, which is the only thing you're spreading here.

If my butter tastes like feces, I'll hand your butter back to the chef 'cause it's obviously gone bad, way past the point of even trying to appear rancid.

Now, back to the topic.

I guess you missed that part where I said I have lived around, and worked around these people for over 30 years. I guess I also lied. I was born in California, grew up in California, and currently work and live in California. I know a thing or two more than you do about these people, here in California, than you do; I live here, and wouldn't live in Georgia if welfare forced me to.

Your arrogance is an insult to hard working people, regardless their skin tone. So do yourself a favor and go back off in your own jack yard. You aren't so muckin' fuch as you think you are.

edit on 11-6-2016 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
a reply to: onequestion
Hey, the kid with sign started it! not me...

And I would really like to read an unbiased report on the Judge

Ok, you can listen about him and the whole thing. I watched it, it's 44 mins but is pretty good info.

links under the vid.

JAY1980 beat me to it but it bears repeating.

edit on 6 11 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You're the one that brought up condiments ... /shrug

No, I didn't "miss that part" ... in fact, I would wager that your prejudices have something to do with some wrong you think you've experienced at the hands of "Mexicans." Now you're arguing from your own authority and attempting silly ad hominem.

My "arrogance" is an insult to working people? Pfft. You want to make silly pompous statements like that because you're called out on arguing from ignorance? LOL.

You keep on trying to make it about me, Hoss. You're boring me with what you think are insults.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
trump is unfit to appoint any federal judge, which disqualifies him from being POTUS...period....tell me, all of you ATS members that support this lunatic, what criteria would trump use for recommending federal judges?

First prove he is unfit, then we can talk.

OK?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

Trump Bribes Politicians and then Boasts About It - National Review

... for starters.

Ya, lol!!! It's Trumps fault, he made them take the money!!

They had no choice!! They were innocent and minding their own bizness.

I hope Trump released the children unharmed.

edit on 6 11 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

a reply to: burgerbuddy

Trump Bribes Politicians and then Boasts About It - National Review

... for starters.

Apparently, Trump has no responsibility for anything.

He was right, he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue, and someone, somewhere would say "Right! Like it's Trump's fault that guns were invented, har har."

You might notice, although it won't make any difference in your sloganeering, that I noted what Trump admitted himself, I didn't accuse him of anything.

Great defense though. Do you have that on "cut and paste"?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Anyone whos says "Whites should go back to Europe" should watch this. If the whole premise of who was here first is so important, maybe THEY should go back across the land bridge to Asia.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It's already been clearly demonstrated that the group that Obledo founded (is not the same as the one that Judge Curiel is a member of.

However the two groups are affiliated, so let's really and truly look at this figure being demonized in the OP.

First of all, some low hanging fruit from Wikipedia:

Mario Guerra Obledo (April 9, 1932 – August 18, 2010) was an American civil rights leader.[1] He was called the "Godfather of the Latino Movement" in the United States, credited with establishing numerous civic institutions and bringing Latino interests into the center of the U.S. political arena.

He was born and educated in Texas (undergraduate and law degree). He taught at Harvard, served as Jerry Brown's Secretary of Health and Welfare, and founded several national organizations focused on supporting Latino equal rights.

Now, in 78 years of life, OP's argument is that statements made on two radio shows (or made on one and repeated on another) confirm that Mr. Obledo was a horrible lifelong racist and probably terrorist (since we conflate "La Raza" into any needed boogey-man).

That argument is based on these lines from Breitbart's article linked on the OP:

We don’t know exactly when and where he first made his controversial statement about California’s becoming a “Hispanic state,” but he has confirmed he said it at least twice: during an appearance on Ray Briem’s talk radio show in May or June of 1998, and again on Tom Leykis’ talk radio show:

Obledo: “We’re going to take over all the political institutions of California. In five years the Hispanics are going to be the majority population of this state.”

Caller: “You also made the statement that California is going to become a Hispanic state, and if anyone doesn’t like it, they should leave. Did you say that?”

Obledo: “I did. They ought to go back to Europe.”

Now, I'll be the first to state clearly that these are fiery if not incendiary. However, taken in the context of a lifelong fighter for equal and civil rights for the Hispanic community, they merely demonstrate Obledo's commitment to his people.

Take virtually anything from any Trump speech touching on racial issues at all, and you'll find much worse. I've also heard far worse from many Conservatives who are well known for saying things like "If they don't like it, they can just get out of this country."

And the point remains, even after all that, that Judge Gonzalo Curiel is not Mario Obledo, and has never made any comments comparable to these.

Citation: NYT Obituary for Obledo
edit on 11-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: yuppa

Using this story to justify trumps comments is funny. That's wha a t I said.
I also said this story is pointless. What's it for? Is someone posting this to imply the judge is also racist? Because he belongs to a group who's founder was racist and who is now dead?
This story means nothing facts or no facts true or not true. It does not excuse trumps racist comments but someone posted it I guess thinking it does.

What racist remarks? POST the ENTIRE QUOTE TO PROVE THEM. Not just the cherry picked peices the ENTIRE thing. Each and every interview in its complete un edited glory. If you want to say he is racist you need to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. And you simply cant.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Well with that attitude and complicity toward corruption you're in no position to complain about any criminal activity by politicians then.

So I guess we can count on your silence about political corruption from now on.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Your post is spot on, correct in it's information and completely destroys the opinion piece propaganda done here by the OP with Brietbart as the source.

Yet it goes without anyone giving a damn.

This site and the majority of it's member I don't think even care what is true anymore and have given up on being reasonable when dealing with anything political.

It's all just become a poo throwing match where posts like yours go without credit and all favor falls to whomever can lob the smelliest, steamiest pile of sh*t possible.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: everyone

Except that is not what Trump said.

Really. Because he certainly doesn't deny that it's what he's saying right here.

Because he doesn't need to deny it. Is recorded word for word and he does not say what you claim.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It's the community or the people?

Is that some sort of joke?

Why is it an ethnic group composed only of Latinos if it's really the people, where are the black people and whites and Asians

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Your so full of lies and obfuscation it's almost unbearable.

Are we living in the same realities?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The narrative of "Reclaiming Their Stolen Birthright " is interesting to read about.

From ..combatingglobalization.com...

"History is being rewritten in the American Southwest -- the growing Mexican population is reclaiming their birthright denied by the US conquest and partition of Mexico 165 years ago. When it finds its voice, this community will be a power to be reckoned with."

"The greatest migration of workers and their families in human history took place in North America between 1980 and 2007. During that twenty-seven year period, between 10 and 12 million people from Mexico alone relocated to the United States."

"Mexicans are rapidly approaching critical mass in the American Southwest. How and when they finish reclaiming their stolen birthright will be a pivotal event in the history of 21st century America."

The link is self described as being "from the Left".

The "reconquista" of the South West is apparently a shared project.

Perhaps it's Social Justice?

It is definitely an openly declared effort to rewrite History.

It seems legitimate to question it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join