It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter To Donald Trump From A Wounded Marine

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
But no, he may not be the only one who hates trump, however, you're focusing solely on him only and ignoring the rest. I just wanted to know why that was?

Simple really just a question.

Is it just that you're a 'the glass is half empty (crap @#)VS the glass is half full' (yay my glass is half full) kinda guy?
edit on 6/11/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Gryphon66

bahaha sure sure ok

Just like you Darted into my thread and turned it into your own banging session?

Please don't Patronize me Griff. I've seen enough of you to remember how much of a Thread Bully you are.

But you're loved anyways..

btw thanks for the compliment

I hope you ALERTED anything you thought was bullying, although if I remember, you didn't like facts being posted there, either. More than a bit of bad form though to bring disagreements from another thread into this one, don't you think?

I'm not patronizing you, Awareness. That'd be the old "Kettle-Pot" Conundrum, LOL.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

bahaha sure sure ok

Just like you Darted into my thread and turned it into your own banging session?

Please don't Patronize me Griff. I've seen enough of you to remember how much of a Thread Bully you are.

I hope you ALERTED anything you thought was bullying, although if I remember, you didn't like facts being posted there, either. More than a bit of bad form though to bring disagreements from another thread into this one, don't you think?

I'm not patronizing you, Awareness. That'd be the old "Kettle-Pot" Conundrum, LOL.

Bad form for whom? You? or Everyone Else? Cause you're the only one complaining about me.

I don't tattle tale on anyone, it's just something i never do. Perhaps you do but well, i don't.

I don't see the point.

'hands Griff a flower' ... May Peace and Love engulf your every keyboard stroke.

edit on 6/11/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

bahaha sure sure ok

Bad form for whom? You? or Everyone Else? Cause you're the only one complaining about me.

I don't tattle tale on anyone, it's just something i never do. Perhaps you do but well, i don't.

I don't see the point.

I'm not surprised.

Let's cut the off-topic chatter - PM if you want to continue bantering.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

bahaha sure sure ok

I don't see the point.

I'm not surprised.

Let's cut the off-topic chatter - PM if you want to continue bantering.

You're right Sargent Griff. LETS.

btw I'm not bantering any more than you are.

Trump Trump Trump.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
For those of you desperately trying to portray Lt. Col. Constantine as "just another leftist" or "a jar head" et. al.

Lieutenant Colonel Justin Constantine joined the U.S. Marine Corps after his second year of law school at the University of Denver. While on active duty, Constantine served as a judge advocate specializing in criminal law and was stationed both in Okinawa, Japan, and at Camp Pendleton, California, where he worked as a defense counsel and criminal prosecutor. Constantine left active duty in 2004.

As a Marine reservist, he volunteered for deployment to Iraq in 2006 and served in the Al-Anbar Province as a team leader of a group of Marines performing civil affairs work while attached to an infantry battalion. While on a routine combat patrol, Constantine was shot in the head by a sniper. Although the original prognosis was he had been killed in action, Constantine survived. Through teamwork and a positive mental attitude, he had a successful recovery. Constantine was awarded the Purple Heart, the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, and the Combat Action Ribbon for his service.

Wounded Warrior Project - Board of Directors - Justin Constantine

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: matafuchs

There you go telling me how I think again. I am just referring to your posts. Trump has done a lot for veterans and it is sad that a vet had to pen this for a left wing media show which is all this is.

Tell us, not with his letter, how Trump, not even a politician elected to office, has poorly affected veterans. None of you can do it....

Trump has done nothing for vets, we want health care, where has trump helped with that, we need housing, where has trump helped with that, we need help with addictive behavior, where has trump helped with that that, we need help with psychological health, where has trump helped. He has done qucking nothing for vets, and every veteran needs to make sure that this POS never sees the oval office.

Wow you are passing a lot of judgement against someone who has never held public office yet....

What has Obama done....
What has Hillary done....
What has Bernie done....

At least as a civilian, Trump has done something....

Anything done by the establishment politicians thus far...?

Anything...?

The fact that the VA exists is from the results of the establishment politicians. Does it have issues, why yes it does, do they need to be fixed, yes they do. That being said, the idea of tearing it down, and replacing it with something to feed more money to corporate for profit health care, is something that I do not want to see. VA has served my medical needs well, and I know that is not always the case, but lets fix it, not tear it down and start over. Trump is an ass.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Let's cut the off-topic chatter

Thanks.

The veterans of our country NEED and DESERVE to have their needs taken care of by the citizens and the government that sends them to risk their lives for their country. Silly political banter aside, this is an important topic that I want to see people aware of.

Now, everyone knows I'm not big on war or the military industrial complex in general, but the individuals who risk their lives and limbs - the PEOPLE of this country - should come home to the help and support that they need to carry on their lives. The government is responsible for making SURE this happens. There are too many vets out of work and homeless. The way vets are treated is, many times, a disgrace to our country. Donald Trump will only help vets if it makes him look good. He doesn't CARE.

Please put aside the political crap and when you see a homeless vet in a wheelchair with a sign asking for help, PLEASE stop and give them a helping hand, whether it be a few bucks, some food, clothes or just a friendly ear.
edit on 6/11/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Here is the thing if you attack Trump he fires back with both barrels with Bizzaro world comments, if you want to invoke those types of attacks, then call him a stupid racist orangutan and see what happens, virtually every instance is a counter punch. And when they stop, he stops. Consider the GOP people that he was competing against that have stopped, you don't hear anymore "Lyin Ted" or "Little Marco". When McCain attacked him, he does what he always does, even if it doesn't makes sense, it's his Modus Operandi. Agree with it or disagree with it it got him through the difficult GOP primary using this style.

Donald will always feed the Trolls
edit on 11-6-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I know this one marine....or maybe it was a navy seal, who cares about that amirite? Anyways, he says that Trump is awesome so I'm voting for Trump.

That one navy seal we all know, making the presidential choice for millions of Americans. You go random navy seal.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

a helping hand.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Trump established that "hotline" right after he started a crapstorm by insulting one of our nations heroes, by calling him a loser and for getting captured in battle, John McCain. Trump did that to handle the backlash of his stupidity.

Now, you tell me, who was meant to benefit from that hotline?

And good luck getting someone to answer...

Source

All Trump has to offer vets are empty gestures, meant to improve HIS standing in the public eye.
edit on 6/11/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Only blind people can't figure that out.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
BubbaJoe- I hope your surgery went well and you have a healthy recovery.

In regards to Benevolent Heretic (BH) posting this article, I do not feel BH has any burden of proof, regardless of whether BH agreed with sentiment of the article or not. My reason is that I feel the Original Post was not about BH's perspective or Trump, but about the article, writer and his (the writer's) perspective since he wrote it. And perhaps BH wanted to see how others felt about the writer's perspective. If people wanted BH or anyone to consider a perspective (for or against the article), then being aggressive in approach towards BH might not be a good method.

I've been at the (local) VA hospital about every week and sometimes vets talk politics, it's hard to say what the % is of who prefers whom. Some days the majority of vets have very pro Trump, other days other the majority of vets were very pro other nominees and other days the rooms/waiting areas were more balanced. My vet buds were about 70% (Trump), 30% other, but we all respect each others right to have different views. Regardless of any polls, I feel there are too many dynamics to state whether veterans (or any people) as a whole are for or against someone; it's individual.

As for the article, I feel it was written to be persuasive. Even though the title says it is to Trump, the way it was written, the article seems to be moreso directed as a guilt trip to veterans i.e. "I don't think any veteran", Do "we", "How can any veteran", etc.; I didn't appreciate that and feel if an influential writer needs to use that lingo, then their intents can be questionable. His lingo was used to add weight to his perspective, regardless if I support his views or not. I'd also have preferred him to just speak as only his perspective and not as a collective or voice for all veterans.

I feel if he is going to post an "open letter" and wants Trump to listen, then he shouldn't be using any hints of condescending tones towards Trump or Trump's supporters i.e. "It does not take a Ph.D in political science or crisis intervention"; tones of that nature can be turn a reader away from the issues the writer wants addressed. It's common sense... if you want someone to listen, don't be condescending.

As for the VA, in talking to some vets that go to other VA hospitals, the branches seem to range from awesome to others branches being horrible. I don't know about the upper workings of the VA to say what needs to be addressed as a whole. But, I feel that branches should be looked into and addressed individually.

I apologize if it sounds like I'm attacking anyone's perspective; that was not my intent.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: oldme

I agree completely that veterans are not a group that thinks with one mind, just like every other group of people. We are ALL individuals. And most of us surround ourselves with people of similar opinion, so, naturally, people come out saying, "all of my people feel the way I do." Duh. That's because you (generic) hang out with people who share your opinions, to a large degree.

And ANY "Open Letter to... Whomever" that finds its way to the media is not merely a letter to one person, it's a letter to everyone expressing one person's opinion, and hoping to have some influence. It doesn't matter if Trump reads it or not. He would blow this off as someone treating him "unfairly". But I support Mr. Constantine for posting this letter and trying to open people's eyes.

If anyone wants to know more about Mr. Constantine, here's an excellent article from 2011.

Wounded in Iraq: A Marine's Story

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

Are you a veteran?

Funny I am, and every veteran I know is voting Trump.

Thanks for telling vets what we think.

I'm a Vet and I'm not voting for Trump and that letter is one guy or actually a large percentage of Vets. Not every vet thinks as you do. I don't like war hawks, like Trump and Clinton. We DON'T need boots on the ground in Syria and so that more of my buddies can get shot and blown up for...nothing.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I don't know what your Duh was about. I am one of those that does not surround myself with like-minded people because that can cause close-mindedness on our part (my friends). My friends are diverse in our perspectives and we listen to each other.

Although he was expressing his perspective, the title of his "open letter" title was specifically "to" Trump. If it was worded differently, I wouldn't have that issue with it. That's how I see things; that is just me. Maybe he worded it that way, maybe HP worded it that way.

I support his expression. I do not support his use of persuasive language and use of his language as of speaking for a whole; that is how it felt to me and I didn't appreciate it, even if it wasn't his intent. If worded not in those ways, I would've listened to his views more.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Sargeras

Are you a veteran?

Funny I am, and every veteran I know is voting Trump.

Thanks for telling vets what we think.

I'm a Vet and I'm not voting for Trump and that letter is one guy or actually a large percentage of Vets. Not every vet thinks as you do. I don't like war hawks, like Trump and Clinton. We DON'T need boots on the ground in Syria and so that more of my buddies can get shot and blown up for...nothing.

I agree however Trump is the one saying we need to stop these frivolous wars and still being the world's police. He caught a huge among of flak over that. Also doesn't think the US should foot the bill for Nations defense said it's time for them to step up. Hillary was talking about how we need to send people to Syria and I guess that would be gulf war number 3. The US does need to stop deploying our troops in countries who don't want is theremaining until they are overrun. Look at Iraq they wanted the US gone Isis shows up and they are begging for help.Our solution send advisors the next step is always troops so here we go again.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldme

I don't know what your Duh was about.

It wasn't meant to be personal. That's why I added "generic" in there, to let you know I wasn't talking about you personally. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear. My point was simply that it's kind of expected that the people in one's own circle probably feel the same way they do about many things. So the people in this thread who say, "Everyone I know agrees with me" probably need to get a more diverse group of associates.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Hi & thank you; much appreciated.

I agree that people that use the mindset of "everyone agrees with me" might benefit form a more diverse group of associates

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join