It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter To Donald Trump From A Wounded Marine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Names don't bother me. Internet warriors don't bother me. What bothers me is this whole exclusionary idea that America is being ruined by "(Insert race/religion/status here)" idea. What is ruining America is the sound bite mentality and the lack of ability for Americans to think critically about anything.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You admire ruthless, authoritarian, avowed enemies of the United States?

Thanks for your honesty.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

It seems to ME that the burden of PROOF requires those that make claims to provide evidence?

So you are essentially asking the person for facts when they ask for facts?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

It was a speech in 2015.....

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well this sure turned into a pissing contest.

Here is the thing I see...

So we have a well known activist that doesn't agree with what Trump says which is understandable.

Why now, did he all of the sudden just hate Trump as of late, or has he always had this feelings toward Trump since he began running for office?

It seems a bit calculated that this veteran activist chimes up now IMO.

And I am not denying he is a decorated veteran, I just don't see any advantage to this other than to make Trump look bad while he is going against Hillary, and trying to sway a certain vote to go away from Trump...again just my opinion, but things seem odd about the timing of this interview.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Conservatives love authoritarians. Power, strength and ruthlessness is something that is GOOD to people who are in CONTROL. The right-wing people are desperate these days and are looking for a strong face to CONTROL and STOP the progress the centrists and leftists have made.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Names don't bother me. Internet warriors don't bother me. What bothers me is this whole exclusionary idea that America is being ruined by "(Insert race/religion/status here)" idea. What is ruining America is the sound bite mentality and the lack of ability for Americans to think critically about anything.

I remember when we were all Americans first and foremost.

That was way back before the Reagan/Republican Revolution and over a decade of Fox News and Right Wing Radio's 24/7 constant divisive barrage.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: KawRider9

If you have questions about the letter and its meaning, you'll have to contact the author, as I did not write the letter. The author's name is Justin Constantine.

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well, if it is from the "Huffingpaint Post" it must be true!

He's a very well-known and is all over the web.

Wounded Warrior Project - Justin Constantine

www.justinconstantine.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

But if attacking the source is all you got...

Actually attacking the source is everything, as you and others usually do if the content disfavors your views. And everyone does that naturally, so no need to pretend it isn't an important and well used tool for a counterpoint.

HP isn't known for unbiased and neutral opinions either, and it is likely this was a paid hit piece otherwise why would some old marine suddenly get nationwide airtime? Wouldn't that be nice if just anyone could do that no matter their affiliations? If it goes against the status quo though, it ain't gonna happen Cap'n!

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

Are you a veteran?

Funny I am, and every veteran I know is voting Trump.

Thanks for telling vets what we think.

I'm also a vet and every vet I know is voting against Trump. No vet should support a draft dodger like Trump.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Huffington Post didn't write the letter; an American hero did.

Next?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Conservatives love authoritarians. Power, strength and ruthlessness is something that is GOOD to people who are in CONTROL. The right-wing people are desperate these days and are looking for a strong face to CONTROL and STOP the progress the centrists and leftists have made.

I don't disagree, but we see authoritarianism crop up on both sides of the political spectrum.

The demographics of this country are indeed shifting away from the Republican Right Wing ... it's easy to see the desperation.

But all government is authoritarian to some degree, as is anyone who wants to be involved in it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

How many veterans and active duty service members have roasted Obama via letters of disdain, social media, and even full blown books?

Plenty. I don't mean to imply that this veteran's opinions speak for all veterans. I already addressed that. On the other hand, this is one VERY influential veteran. It's not just some dude that used to be in the service. He deals with veterans issues and wounded warriors all the time.

Thanks for posting this. Everything this Marine says echoes resoundingly with me as well...also a former Marine.

Thanks for your opinion and for your service. My brother is a former Marine as well.

What bothers me is this whole exclusionary idea that America is being ruined by "(Insert race/religion/status here)" idea. What is ruining America is the sound bite mentality and the lack of ability for Americans to think critically about anything.

Agree 100%. We could do so much if we would look for our similarities and come together instead of standing so firmly in the mistrust and dislike of people even remotely different from ourselves.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: Pyrrho

It seems to ME that the burden of PROOF requires those that make claims to provide evidence?

So you are essentially asking the person for facts when they ask for facts?

I am not Gryphon66, which is the person making unsubstantiated claims with no facts or information to back them up. After attempting to use emotionally charged language to manipulate responses in this thread, they asked for facts to refute claims they made that were not supported by their own sources in the first place.

So, no, I am not responsible to disprove their claim.
edit on 6/10/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho
I am not the OP, which is the person making unsubstantiated claims with no facts or information to back them up.

I am the OP. Please tell me ONE claim that I have made with no facts or information to back it up.

...they asked for facts to refute claims they made that were not supported by their own sources in the first place.

Please show where I asked for ONE fact to refute any claims made.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Pyrrho
I am not the OP, which is the person making unsubstantiated claims with no facts or information to back them up.

I am the OP. Please tell me ONE claim that I have made with no facts or information to back it up.

...they asked for facts to refute claims they made that were not supported by their own sources in the first place.

Please show where I asked for ONE fact to refute any claims made.

I mistook you for Gryphon66, the poster that I was actually referring to who was attempting to define the purpose of this thread. I've corrected my post above.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You admire ruthless, authoritarian, avowed enemies of the United States?

Thanks for your honesty.

"Enemy of the United States" or avowed enemy of current US policy? There's a world of difference. I really don't care if a foreign country despises the US government because neither I nor my family are the US government. In reality, the argument can be made that Russia in 2016 is more capitalist and free (in some regards) than the USA is.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I don't understand the point of the thread.

This one man obviously doesn't represent the opinions of American veterans. He is one man. He was wounded and now he is home.

This however doesn't make his opinion representative of anything other than his own views.
Is he supposed to be more highly evolved than I am because he was wounded in battle? Is my opinion weightless because he has a purple heart? Should other wounded veterans follow his lead?

Where is the letter from Allen the electrician toward Donald Trump?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Sargeras

Are you a veteran?

Funny I am, and every veteran I know is voting Trump.

Thanks for telling vets what we think.

I'm also a vet and every vet I know is voting against Trump. No vet should support a draft dodger like Trump.

Im a vet as well and everyone one that I know is also voting AGAINST Trump.

The weary eye being this man is so horrible with foreign policy and so apt to get trigger happy when he feels slighted or "disrespected" we stand a real chance of this idiot sending more of our brothers off to die, just to satiate his over inflated and entitled EGO

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

BH, I'm not suggesting you would imply one speaks for the many. That argument is a silly one and I disagree with those making it to you.
My only position here is that Vets have opinions and they support (and lambast) politicians from all parties and all backgrounds. Years ago in AZ, there was even a veterans' group collecting signatures for a recall John McCain vote.

Trump was out of line for calling out McCain's POW situation. There are a multitude of good reasons to despise John McCain... his suffering at the hands of the Viet Cong in Hanoi is not among those reasons, though.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You posted a letter that Trump does not care about Veterans. That is wrong. You cannot point me to the author of the article because it was you who chose to post this. It is opinion not fact.

He said someone is not a hero for being a POW. They are not. That does not define them. What they did should define them.
edit on 06pm30pmf0000002016-06-10T17:11:05-05:000505 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join