It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter To Donald Trump From A Wounded Marine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Every investigation, every fact, every piece of evidence puts the lie to your base assertions. Even Clinton's Reepublican enemies finally had to admit those accusations are lies.

The fact that you would still drag the memories of those four Americans through the political dirt for NO reason is indeed one of the most disgusting partisan displays I've seen here ... And that is saying something.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

If you think I'm going to apologize to you or anyone for the fact that I consider every veteran an American hero ... you are sadly, utterly mistaken.
edit on 10-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sheesh,
I thought it would have calmed down a bit here by now!

I don't know what all the fuss is about, here we have a well known veteran activist saying he won't vote for Trump...that's end of story..period. He doesn't say who he will vote for does he? nor does he cite voting specifics, only that he doesn't like what is coming out of Trump's orifice that is usually allocated below one's proboscis.
Yet and all, there is at least one post saying that the guy's letter is full of *misconceptions...???

Never mind that, some buck ejit gave that post a star!
So what next? Someone grabs Hilary and throws her into it...WTF, she's nothing to do with it, unless of course Donalds on her payroll.

The only real thing to discuss is, how many others are there like this vet who have come to the same conclusion?
This might help,

(Useful to remember Trumps original words in the Mexican Rapist episode, "They are sending" or, "Mexico is sending") as against what he says when a reporter is taking him to task on it in a later section)
edit on 10-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Are you a veteran?

No. I don't see how that's relevant to posting a letter from a veteran... What does MY status have to do with anything?

Thanks for telling vets what we think.

And where did I do that? Oh, right! I didn't.

Brilliant tactic, post thread, make comments, then deflect all criticism back to the original writer who is not here.

You expect me to explain or expand on what was in a letter I didn't write?

... you agreed with this which is why you posted it ...

What is there to agree or disagree with? The man wrote a letter and I posted it. I agree that Trump would make a lousy president, but as far as this man's opinions, all I know is what is written in his letter.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Sargeras

You tried to make this a one-sided partisan issue.

You failed because you're so eager to defend the other side, rather than address anything meaningful?

By your own accusations, your argument is irrelevant.

Next?

It is a one sided partisan issue, this is nothing but Lefty propaganda.

See I'm not a righty, the only partisan side here is the Left. I am not partisan in politics, both sides are retarded in their own unique ways.

Look up the meaning of "partisan" and get back to us.

You aren't demonstrating even a basic understanding of the word.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

If you think I'm going to apologize to you or anyone for the fact that I consider every veteran an American hero ... you are sadly, utterly mistaken.

Attempting to twist words around to deflect accusations that you were wrong. Or can you quote the part where I implied that you should apologize?

Good job. It's obvious you have no interest in serious conversation, only spreading propaganda to enforce whatever opinion you expect other people to have.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

How many veterans and active duty service members have roasted Obama via letters of disdain, social media, and even full blown books?

It seems to surprise many that soldiers are people, too. People with their own opinions and proclivities.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho

Attempting to twist words around to deflect accusations that you were wrong. Or can you quote the part where I implied that you should apologize?

Good job. It's obvious you have no interest in serious conversation, only spreading propaganda to enforce whatever opinion you expect other people to have.

You're not talking about anything factual or on topic. Don't expect any further responses to your misplaced personal critiques.

Got facts?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So, nothing about the Veterans Day Parade?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Whats so "leftist" about the OP again?

Is it "leftist" to honor the service of American veterans?

Like Justin Constantine, a man who has been permanently disfigured as a result of his service to America ... a Marine Officer awarded the Purple Heart ... I wonder what someone like Trump who has made fun of a physically disabled reporter would say about Justin.

Like John McCain, a man who spent seven years in a POW camp only to be called a "loser" by Donald J. Trump who sat out the war in a classroom?

Is it "leftist" to condemn the fact that Trump has voiced his admiration of Vladimir Putin and Kim Jung Un two of the most dangerous dictators of modern times?

Is it "leftist" to point out Trump's many blatant lies, dirty deals and general egotistical nonsense while he hides under the aegis of the American flag for whom so many men and women have given their lives?

Fine. Consider me a leftist then. Proud to be one.

edit on 10-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So, nothing about the Veterans Day Parade?

Why, was the reception held at Trump Plaza?

How much did Donald J. Trump charge per plate?

You yourself have praised Trump for his dishonest dealings with New York and other politicians. YOu think offering bribes is a great thing, something that recommends the man for the Presidency.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

How many veterans and active duty service members have roasted Obama via letters of disdain, social media, and even full blown books?

It seems to surprise many that soldiers are people, too. People with their own opinions and proclivities.

... and yet, as seen in this very thread, if a soldier is deemed "leftist" (and he pointedly is not) ... he treated as a despicable liar whose words are unworthy because he dared to speak the truth about bloated windbag Donald J. Trump.

What was that about freedom of speech, again?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this. Everything this Marine says echoes resoundingly with me as well...also a former Marine.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Thanks for posting this. Everything this Marine says echoes resoundingly with me as well...also a former Marine.

Thank you for your service!

Get ready to be called every name in the book except for "Marine."

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: snowspirit

Yeah that pissed me off.

I think I'm the only person around that still likes McCain. I remember when he got pissed at Republicans and reminded them that not long ago they were in the same spot and voted to block some retarded scheme to block the Dems.

hey, I'm a left of center guy, and I always have liked McCain.....why?.....he's sane, and he has worked with the dems to solve this nation's problems, that's all I ask from the republicans....a "low bar" to jump over in the past, but, not in the present day.
edit on 10-6-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You're not talking about anything factual or on topic. Don't expect any further responses to your misplaced personal critiques.

Got facts?

Predictable response.

Provides no facts, expects facts from others.

You'd do well to work for Hillary (assuming you don't already).

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Got facts?

Predictable response.

Provides no facts, expects facts from others.

You'd do well to work for Hillary (assuming you don't already).

See above.

Your turn.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Propoganda...He said two things...One, McCain was not a hero for being a POW. My father was not a hero for being a tunnel rat in Nam either but his job was F$^%%'d. That is an opinion.

Two, he called McCain a loser because of the campaign, not because of being a POW. If you put them both together, yes, it sounds horrible and I would be pissed. However, I research the candidates as best as I can...all of them.

McCain is a loser as is Romney. For being a POW, not a hero, but fine service. Always thought he was CIA because he was stuck in that cell and Daddy was in charge.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Is it "leftist" to condemn the fact that Trump has voiced his admiration of Vladimir Putin and Kim Jung Un two of the most dangerous dictators of modern times?

Not leftist, but also not entirely accurate. Trump didn't voice admiration of Kim Jong Un. He stated that American can't ignore the guy because he clearly holds a lot of very real power in North Korea and, if he's got access to WMDS, he is likely to not only use them, but be fully supported by those he rules over with an iron fist in using them. Hillary Clinton's accusation that Trump's words constituted "praise" required her to take what Trump said completely out of context.

As far as Putin goes, no comment from me. I've been impressed by Putin and find him to be a brilliant, enviable leader since well before Trump started commenting positively on him, so my opinion there would likely be biased.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He called John McCain a "loser" for getting captured.

Are you really going to try to deny that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join