It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter To Donald Trump From A Wounded Marine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This letter from a wounded Marine hits several nails on the head. I personally don't see why these obvious failings of Trump's are not more apparent to everyone. From Trump's comments about John McCain, his use of ad hominem attacks against ANYONE who even questions him, his support of Putin, and his cultural and sexist bigotry, to his basic lack of integrity, he represents the opposite of the values that our armed forces hold dear.

An Open Letter To Donald Trump from a Wounded Marine

I’m the type of person you said should be a Trump supporter, but I don’t think that any veteran should support you based on what you’ve said and done since announcing you were running for president last year. It’s critical that all veterans take a close look at you and what you stand for. Many of the outrageous statements you’ve made over the last year not only provide us insight into your mindset and desired agenda, but demonstrate what little regard you have for veterans and the national security issues which affect all of us.
This letter is not a blanket statement of my support for Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders or any other presidential hopeful. It is simply a letter to you, Mr. Trump, letting you know you have lost my vote and you are never getting it back.

+42 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wanna know what the best thing about being a marine is? It's that I get to say to you that this jarhead is only speaking for himself, not all marines. Just because he's a marine doesn't mean that this is how marines feel about trump.

That would be like you pointing out someones ethnicity then claiming that they speak for their entire race.

Good letter, though. Guy has some good points.

Semper Fi

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Many of the outrageous statements you’ve made over the last year not only provide us insight into your mindset and desired agenda, but demonstrate what little regard you have for veterans and the national security issues which affect all of us.

Many statements such as .. ?

Come on, help me here - I can't just go tell my neighbour that some marine do not like Trumps quote - that will not change anyone's opinion!

+33 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mrgone

I do not suggest that the author spoke for all Marines or veterans.

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Perhaps you should contact the letter's author with that question.

Justin Constantine

He survived a gunshot wound to the head while serving in Iraq.

Justin is also a Presidential Leadership Scholar, and leads a team at the US Chamber of Commerce focused on employment for wounded warriors and caregivers. Justin retired from the Marine Corps with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He now serves on the board of directors of the Wounded Warrior Project and several other national nonprofit organizations. Justin was also a founding principal of Veteran Integration Solutions, a disabled veteran owned small business that designs, develops and delivers customized and engaging training to assist organizations with every aspect of their military hiring programs.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Well, if it is from the "Huffingpaint Post" it must be true!

I wonder if this so called Marine works for Soros too?

Anti-Trump Community Organizer Vet BUSTED Working For George Soros Against @RealDonaldTrump

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

" but demonstrate what little regard you have for veterans and the national security issues which affect all of us.

Was that meant for Clinton? Seriously, that quote sums up Hillary Clinton to a tee.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Calling John McCain a loser because he was captured as a prisoner of war would have been insulting to other POWs, I would imagine.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Yeah that pissed me off.

I think I'm the only person around that still likes McCain. I remember when he got pissed at Republicans and reminded them that not long ago they were in the same spot and voted to block some retarded scheme to block the Dems.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Perhaps you should contact the letter's author with that question.

Oh, sorry that I did not express myself better - it was purely rhetorical and not at all aimed at you.
My bad. :-)

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

If you have questions about the letter and its meaning, you'll have to contact the author, as I did not write the letter. The author's name is Justin Constantine.

originally posted by: seeker1963

He's a very well-known and is all over the web.

Wounded Warrior Project - Justin Constantine

www.justinconstantine.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

But if attacking the source is all you got...
edit on 6/10/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think all Vets should understand a few things, goverments dont give a sh#t about you, M.O.D s dont give a shi# about you, and the public are more worried about who uses what WC than you. You are no use to the goverment, no use to your country, and see as an embarrassment.
Join the army fight for your goverment, get killed or Maimed in body and mind, come home get kicked in the balls if you still have them, get slaped on the tits if you still have any, now fuc# off you are no use to us.
For what worth it is, vet guys and girls, you will always have my respect. THANK YOU

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I wonder if this so called Marine works for Soros too?

Justin was the Honor Graduate of his class at the Marine Corps Command and Staff College, and in 2011 the Secretary of Defense appointed him to a four-year term on the Task Force for Recovering Warriors. In 2015 he graduated with distinction from Georgetown University with a Master of Laws degree focusing on National Security. In 2012 the Virginia Legislature passed a commending resolution highlighting Justin’s continued support of veterans and other wounded warriors. Justin has been named a Champion of Change by the White House, and also was awarded the prestigious inaugural 2014 Lincoln Award recognizing his outstanding achievement and excellence in providing opportunities and support to our nation’s veterans and military families.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

+56 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Well gezz, do you expect conservative outlets to run this on their channels?

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Are you a veteran?

Funny I am, and every veteran I know is voting Trump.

Thanks for telling vets what we think.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Yeah that was a mistake for him.

One negative about Trump is he gets into ad hominem when someone disagrees with him or insults him.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

" but demonstrate what little regard you have for veterans and the national security issues which affect all of us.

Was that meant for Clinton? Seriously, that quote sums up Hillary Clinton to a tee.

Benghazi!!

Just saying...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Many of the outrageous statements you’ve made over the last year not only provide us insight into your mindset and desired agenda, but demonstrate what little regard you have for veterans and the national security issues which affect all of us.

Come on, help me here - I can't just go tell my neighbour that some marine do not like Trumps quote - that will not change anyone's opinion!

Either you are playing dumb, agreeing with Trumps view, or trying to create a distractions for the obvious. Don't know which is worse.
I don't know much about these websites but they list his quotes in case you missed them. Plenty of others if you search.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: KawRider9

If you have questions about the letter and its meaning, you'll have to contact the author, as I did not write the letter. The author's name is Justin Constantine.

originally posted by: seeker1963

He's a very well-known and is all over the web.

Wounded Warrior Project - Justin Constantine

www.justinconstantine.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

But if attacking the source is all you got...

Brilliant tactic, post thread, make comments, then deflect all criticism back to the original writer who is not here.

Stop being obtuse, you agreed with this which is why you posted it, grow a backbone.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Benghazi!

Yes, that political boondoggle that the Congressional Republicans spent months (and millions) treacherously using the deaths of Americans for political gain in a vain attempt to sabotage Hillary Clinton ... and still failed miserably.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The writer of that letter got many, many things wrong. Lots of misconceptions. I guess I couldn't expect much from someone that would post their opinion to HuffPo, but at least it was easy to read.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join