It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hate is spiraling out of control, small bomb detonated in Target bathroom

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

no i am not making it up it is all over the world so laughing at your attempts to shut this down ,

another link

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

you have served no one the unisex toilet is the transgender toilet ,try again that was so lame ,
your in the wrong here not me

link   

edit on 12-6-2016 by stuthealien because: tripple post

link   

edit on 12-6-2016 by stuthealien because: double post so deleted

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

- said the one spreading hate against those who believe biology dicates whether you are are a woman or a man.

So it turns out that nothing whatsoever points toward this being related to politics, but you sure were quick to pull the hate crime card and turn it into a headline. Unjustifiably accusing a certain demographic - "religious types" - of being responsible for or willing to commit domestic terrorism .. man, that is close to being hate speech.

Why is it that it so often are those siding would the supposed victims, that does the abuse and the hating?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's what I mean. Their brain is fine but their body is shaped wrong for them.

Except that's not even really the problem in my opinion.

It's that we live in a culture that dictates people must be certain ways because of a few ounces of flesh.

People wouldn't need to be one or the other if they could just be themselves without being persecuted,
assaulted, discriminated against, treated like some kind of sick deviant freak etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
a reply to: Freija

i am thinking and my issue is with grown men in little girls toilets but your reading skills must be lacking english language context ,i have not said anything about l.g.b.t in schools my issue is with grown men in little girls bathrooms ,but seeing how you have failed to even comprehend my posts ,why don't you think of all kids then why do you want grown men in a girls toilet?

Just because it has a penis dont mean its a man. You have to look deeper into the whole person not just be superficial. A hermaphodite woman who has a penis naturally you would exclude to right?

And your new link IS THE SAME STORY. Yeah the storys all over the world but YOU ARE SAYING IT WAS A TRANSEXUAL BATHROOM WHEN THE ARTICLE CLEARLY STATES IT WAS A WOMANS RESTROOM. They have more than just the all gender/sex bathroom.(caps for emphasis btw)

Also the perp was a MALE and was not in DRAG or was claiming to be a Transexual. SO yes you cannot admit you are wrong. Your bill is $18.21 cents. please tip generously. I have other tables to serve. have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0001391

That's what I mean. Their brain is fine but their body is shaped wrong for them.

Except that's not even really the problem in my opinion.

It's that we live in a culture that dictates people must be certain ways because of a few ounces of flesh.

People wouldn't need to be one or the other if they could just be themselves without being persecuted,
assaulted, discriminated against, treated like some kind of sick deviant freak etc.

Its a shame but some here on ATS would commit genocide to keep anyone but their children from using a bathroom. Truly sick huh? Hitler must be proud.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I so long for the old days when a man was a man, a woman was a woman and anything else was Swedish

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

- said the one spreading hate against those who believe biology dicates whether you are are a woman or a man.

So it turns out that nothing whatsoever points toward this being related to politics, but you sure were quick to pull the hate crime card and turn it into a headline. Unjustifiably accusing a certain demographic - "religious types" - of being responsible for or willing to commit domestic terrorism .. man, that is close to being hate speech.

Why is it that it so often are those siding would the supposed victims, that does the abuse and the hating?

Get real.

There's every reason to think this could have been an anti-trans person attacking Target.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you but transgender people are in fact mentally ill. The mental illness they have is know as gender dysphoria. Fun fact homosexuality used to be labeled a mental illness till the lgbt community protested till they caved and changed it. It's good to know that if you are mentally ill you can just protest your illness away.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whicker
Hate to break it to you but transgender people are in fact mentally ill. The mental illness they have is know as gender dysphoria. Fun fact homosexuality used to be labeled a mental illness till the lgbt community protested till they caved and changed it. It's good to know that if you are mentally ill you can just protest your illness away.

Association (APA) has ratified the DSM-5, the fifth edition of what is known colloquially as the “psychiatrists’ bible,” so as of Dec. 1, trans persons are no longer classified by the medical community as mentally ill, this decision coming 39 years after homosexuality was declassified as a mental illness by the same organization. www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 12-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

not according to the DSM-5s latest revision. Science trumps your opinion yet again.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

There is no such thing as a Transgender toilet. If there was such a thing there wouldn't be a policy allowing them to use other toilets because they'd obviously have their own.

A unisex toilet just means it's usable by anyone and that it's made for a single individual.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

not according to the DSM-5s latest revision. Science trumps your opinion yet again.

Yeah I have tried that, it won't work. Some people will never accept fact.

I think it's also strange how you can be a bigot for stating facts. I've been attacked on multiple threads for bringing up the DSM. It doesn't mean anyone thinks they are not people or that they should be persecuted. Since we are throwing out fun facts, it is still IN the DSM so that they can get the appropriate medications covered by health insurance.... so it's still in the The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders it's just re-named. If someone truly believed it wasn't a mental disorder they would deny a diagnosis. It's a tautology. No difference but the perceived difference of wording.
edit on 12-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Why do so many people try and use the Mental Illness angle as if it's such an important point to illustrate???

While at the same time there are Religious People in the millions who go about there day refusing to take medicine for illnesses and refuting all medical science which actually kills many of them and even their children. The deny evolutionary science and believe in impossible tales of magic and a 6000 year old earth and monsters. People in positions of authority believing storms and floods are Gods punishment for some gay people being gay. This and so many more examples and yet everyone acts as if that isn't a mental illness.

Has it ever occurred to some of you that we are most likely just a huge collective of people with mental illness, every one of us??? What we call normal isn't actually normal or healthy but most likely is just the most common form of mental dysfunction so that is our base line???

As far as what causes damage to people I'd say there are far worse things than sexuality differences in terms of differences in mental behavior. I think it's much less dangerous for some guy to think he's a girl, or some girl to like other girls than to have someone believe he's been called upon by the Gods of the universe to judge others and be his hand of righteousness here on earth.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I am all for bat # crazy Christians taking medication. If you need something to cope, you should legally be able to obtain it, but being Christian or Muslim or Buddhist isn't in the DSM. This is.

On one side you have people saying it isn't a mental illness...

On the other side it is in the The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders only so they can use it to obtain medications but it isn't a "mental illness".

That is why it is relevant.

If it wasn't irregular it wouldn't be diagnosable. Since it is diagnosable, people got mad because the way it was worded was thought to bring on some sort of stigma. So no one is denying that it belongs in there, just that it isn't a disorder...even though it is listed in a book OF disorders...medically....for diagnostic purposes.

And if it is, in fact, an illness, why is it not being treated as such and instead being glorified?

These are just my observations. Of course I really don't give a hoot what someone does to their bodies.

edit on 12-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
so it's still in the The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders it's just re-named.

Not exactly.

The effects of being Gender Dysphoria is still part of the Mental Disorder process.

The psychological issues, that go along with accepting and living as Gender Dysphoric.

Not every kid is going to have a strong support system from home and school. Even those who have full support still need documentation.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

And if it is, in fact, an illness, why is it not being treated as such and instead being glorified?

Why would you say its being glorified?

By who? Or is it whom? (Can't tell you how many times I've looked that up, and still don't get it.)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The fact that the bathroom issue is even an issue at all makes me wonder why anyone thinks it wouldn't be viewed as such....

especially since trans people have been using the appropriate bathroom for their stance for a loooooooot longer than this has even been a social question.

Mountains out of mole hills, and both sides of the argument seem to be adding to the pile.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join