It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women second class citizens in front of male judges?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well you would think so. And you would think Women would be screaming their heads off and that fighter for ALL Women's rights, Hillary would be pumping her finger in the air in her $23,500 Jacket Blouse. OH no, the liberals do not want to touch this the great Democrat PAC, the Mass Lame Liberal Press have given very little lip service to this horrendous situation. But they can hammer Trump on Judge Curiel for more than 72 hours straight.

But let's keep this simple. What happened here is wrong, terrible, disgusting, unAmerican, racist. What? This guy

California Judge Aaron Persky
Basically the outrage that we should be hearing is that we have this male judge, also a graduate of Stanford U, the same school of attendance by the defendant, 23yo Brock Turner a swimmer on the Stanford team with aspirations to make it to the olympics....well that at least is not gonna happen now. But this Turner guy was found by two good samaritans raping a totally intoxicated, blacked out young women, who was not even moving behind a dumpster, he raped her and then ran until he was caught by the two good samaritans.

The victim, trying to pull her life back together wrote an emotional impassioned letter in court directing facing and reading it to Turner.

The victim read a powerful 13-page statement to the court during Brock Turner’s sentencing, calling out the light punishment Turner received and saying he had left her “devastated.”

Full 13 page victim impact statement that the anonymous victim is avaiable here: Impact Statement - Heart Breaking, but Courageous

So instead of sentencing Brock up to aggravated rape and assault which could have been up to 15-20 years in prison, OH NO, this California Liberal Democrat appointed judge only sentenced Brock to 6 months of jail time in county jail no less, and it has already be reduced to 3months for time served.

Look, my dismay is with the people in power and all of these Women, Feminists, Like Eliz Warren, Boxer, Feinstein, Hillary and even Michele Obama.....where are these loud voices to denounce this dispicable implementation of law????

Quick reads can be found here:
CNN Report

Heavy News

So is it fair to say in rape cases against girls, women cannot get a fair trial if presided over by a male Judge? Maybe the constitution for justice in court trials needs to broadened to not only state that th e 'victim' of a crime should have a jury and 'judge' made up of their peers including gender. What are we afraid of?

Another perfect example of why the American citizens are mad as hell, don't trust the system, nor do they trust the MSM to report travesties of justice if it doesn't fit their bigoted slant against caring conservative Americans. What you say ATS/
edit on 9-6-2016 by thenightisours because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: thenightisours

No....to judges of any gender! ( in response to thread title )

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

No....to judges of any gender! ( in response to thread title )

You are free to feel that way, but part of the California legislature is leading a 'recall' petition, already over 100,000 signatures to get this goof-ball out of the courts and start mopping the ladies room bathroom floors.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
What about divorce court and parental rights?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
What about divorce court and parental rights?

Very important issues, I can attest to both scenarios and as the Plaintiff, was happy to have a male judge. A lot of work needs to be done here. BUT,

they are a vicious, disgusting crime such as the rape of a fully unconscious women. Brutal.
edit on 9-6-2016 by thenightisours because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

just seems weird how these judges seem to be all over the place.

could the evidence have something to do with it?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

OH no, the liberals do not want to touch this the great Democrat PAC, the Mass Lame Liberal Press have given very little lip service to this horrendous situation.

CNN International - Stanford rape case: Who is the judge who gave Brock Turner 6 months?
New York Times - If You Want Independent Judges, Don’t Elect Them
LA Times - If a judge sentences a convicted sexual predator to just six months in jail, does he really belong on the bench?
Huffington Post - This Judge Sentenced Brock Turner To 6 Months In Jail. Now 200,000 People Want Him Recalled.
ABC News - Petition Calls for Removal of Stanford Sex Assault Judge
CBS News - Thousands push for judge in Stanford sex assault case to be removed
USA Today - Judge under fire in Stanford rape case gets new term
Daily Beast - Donald Trump, ‘Political Correctness,’ and a Tale of Two Judges
ThinkProgres - The Judge Who Sentenced The Stanford Rapist To 6 Months In Jail Can Be Recalled. Here’s How.
Raw Story - WATCH: Nancy Grace finally uses her powers for good by righteously nuking the Stanford rape judge
Jezebel - Prospective Jurors Refuse to Serve Under Aaron Persky, the Judge in Brock Turner Case
Forward - 8 Must-Know Facts About ‘Stanford Rape’ Judge Aaron Persky

That's just a few from the first page of Google News results. So you're 100% incorrect. You want to know who wasn't in those results?

Fox News
Daily Caller
WND
Brietbart
Washington Times
The New York Post
TownHall
NewsMax
The Blaze
Hot Air
The Free Beacon
Infowars
American Conservative
PJ Media
Reason
The Gateway Pundit
The Conservative Treehouse
Pamela Gellar

or any of the right-wing media outlets that are so often cited by conservatives here, on other forums and on social media.

So... yeah.. awkward right?
edit on 2016-6-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I do feel women get harshly and unfairly treated and not exclusively so in the court room. Women can be very critical of other women as well.

So what I meant to say, but screwed it up, is that women are indeed treated unfairly in court, but by both genders.

Whew!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Blaming this Judges decision on democrats seems a bit of a stretch.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Here's your top story on Breitbart:

Founder of Judge Curiel’s Group: Whites Should Go Back to Europe, California To Be ‘Hispanic State

Not one article about this douche bag judge, this douche bag rapist, his douche bag father or the miscarriage of justice that is is this 6 month sentence. Breitbart is more concerned with inventing elaborate, fantastical, flimsy, dubious propaganda to smear the Judge who is doing his job in the name of kissing up to Donald Trump. What did he do? Promise the editors comped rooms? Exclusive White House access?

Daily Caller? Nothing. Not one article in any of the sections. In fact, 90% are anti-Hillary articles with a couple anti-Sanders articles for good measure.

Surprisingly! TownHall based on top stories appears to be one of the more balanced. They've got their fair share of anti-Hillary headlines but they did make room for this:

Developments Pile on Controversial Decision Against Brock Turner

And they actually a few stories that look a little more politically neutral. I'm guessing the editors aren't enthusiastically pro-Trump.
edit on 2016-6-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

OH no, the liberals do not want to touch this the great Democrat PAC, the Mass Lame Liberal Press have given very little lip service to this horrendous situation.

That's just a few from the first page of Google News results. So you're 100% incorrect. You want to know who wasn't in those results?

Fox News
Daily Caller
WND
Brietbart
Washington Times
The New York Post
TownHall
NewsMax
The Blaze
Hot Air
The Free Beacon
Infowars
American Conservative
PJ Media
Reason
The Gateway Pundit
The Conservative Treehouse
Pamela Gellar

or any of the right-wing media outlets that are so often cited by conservatives here, on other forums and on social media.

So... yeah.. awkward right?

Umm not so fast, just went to your first non-report Fox, which all of the libs salivate with jealous envy and here it is.......
Fox Reports on Stanford Rape Case 9-6-16

However, your point is taken, but the greater issue of my argument is that it was a less than one-day issue......Just like the Kate Steinle killing by the illegal alien who crossed our southen border 5 times after being arrested and then being released.

My point being, there is a huge miscarriage of justice happening, and if doesn't fit the Mass Lame Liberal Media, it may receive a sprinkle of attention.....and the new trick is to do some selective editing ala Ms. Katie Couric to sway the liberal agenda. People are mad, and want change.......wrong is wrong......

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Well he is a democrat and was appointed by then Democrat Cali Governor Gray......so it is what it is. Can't keep pussy footing around, got to call it like it really is.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I do feel women get harshly and unfairly treated and not exclusively so in the court room. Women can be very critical of other women as well.

So what I meant to say, but screwed it up, is that women are indeed treated unfairly in court, but by both genders.

Whew!

I follow you, BUT in today's world and the whole political thing going on......this was blatant injustice and if you read the two articles i have above, they summarize this particular miscarrage ofjustice.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thenightisours

Well he is a democrat and was appointed by then Democrat Cali Governor Gray......so it is what it is. Can't keep pussy footing around, got to call it like it really is.

So this really isn't about women's rights; it's about bashing libs. Nice job.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

just seems weird how these judges seem to be all over the place.

could the evidence have something to do with it?

Apparently, evidence doesn't count for much these days. Especially with 2 decades of liberal activist judges being appointed who do not follow the constitutiion, but rather wave their slanted, bigoted, close-minded liberal values. Which by the way are destroying the fabric of our country. Just look at the illegal immigration policy being driven directly by the WH to let these illegal enter our country and then disperse them through out the nation....by the 100,000's. It is destroying our country. We can't afford it, we have no money to pay for it, the debt is about to be over $22Trillion by the time Obama leaves office. We are in big trouble and this is why a large portion of the population is very angry.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

No, it's actually about both. Same for the rise in violent crime in the US. Every look is that it is going like radiation in those cities with Demcrat Liberal Mayors.............it is a sorry fact.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

How do we know what happened in the court room to cause the judge to give this sentence? I am not sure that people that aren't part of the proceedings really have all the facts or do we now decide sentencing based upon public opinion? It is a slippery slope in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Every topic is for bashing libs/cons. Have we decided to ban politics on ATS yet?

Shucks, I walked into the politics forum without realizing it. My bad.
edit on 10-6-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

How do we know what happened in the court room to cause the judge to give this sentence? I am not sure that people that aren't part of the proceedings really have all the facts or do we now decide sentencing based upon public opinion? It is a slippery slope in my opinion.

Well I wasn't there that is for sure. But if you go to my OP, I provide the victim's statement in full that was read in court. Also, the links written by legal journalists providing details of what the judge said. Basically, and this is not a direct quote, but his decision was based on that he had never been convicted of a serious crime before and referenced a letter by the defendants father stating that his son should be given a break for 20 minutes of misbehavior and it should not ruin HIS life forever.....but what about the VICTIM....can never get that back.

Here is the CNN clip a little over 20minutes but it captures the outrage.

And then the said victim statement, again CNN, very short

edit on 10-6-2016 by thenightisours because: corrected bad link

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Here's your top story on Breitbart:

Founder of Judge Curiel’s Group: Whites Should Go Back to Europe, California To Be ‘Hispanic State

Not one article about this douche bag judge, this douche bag rapist, his douche bag father or the miscarriage of justice that is is this 6 month sentence.

Not so fast there Skippy.....all you had to do was hit the down button 2X and there it is under "Trending Now"
Disgusting Stanford Rape Judge.....Outrage

Let's keep it honest and dig a tiny bit

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join