It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle for Beaverly hills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
ok heres the deal i puched some stuff up on google and i got this...aleins have attacked people know i had never known this right up untill know. I did know that they were scary and did experiments on us...but i did not know that they were hostile and this thime i have info....so if You have any other information on aleins attacking people then tell me please heres the website i got this info from .......hometown.aol.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There is a Thread in here somewhere on this subject.

No way can this be true. YMMV

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
No way can what be true? If there is a thread then find it and post there...if not, then post your comments about what this story is about.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What's with the cryptic thread? Please give us some more information!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
mpeake,

If you will scroll to the bottom of this thread in the reply portion you will see that CMAN asked a question. I gave him an answer.

SO, don't bust my chops,OK!

Roper

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

by CMAN
posted on 16/1/05 at 08:50 AM
ok heres the deal i puched some stuff up on google and i got this...aleins have attacked people know i had never known this right up untill know. I did know that they were scary and did experiments on us...but i did not know that they were hostile and this thime i have info....so if You have any other information on aleins attacking people then tell me please heres the website i got this info from .......hometown.aol.com...

The first message (above) can't be viewed on this thread unless you check out the messages in the reply.

Dunno what the deal is with the site, seems to still be having some problems since the server changeover.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
There is a Thread in here somewhere on this subject.

No way can this be true. YMMV

Is this what you are looking for? My mistake if not.

click here

Here is a better url with a pic
ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 16-1-2005 by flashburn]

[edit on 16-1-2005 by flashburn]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thank you Flashburn, that looks like the one.

I don't think that is a actual photo but who knows.

I would think that my family (mother, Grandmother, Aunts and Uncles ) that lived in the L.A. area would have told this story to me.

Roper

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I find the Battle of Los Angeles story fascinating. Is anybody, or does anybody know someone old enough that remembers this incident? I only found out about it recently, and now it seems like the story is popping up everywhere.

Both suspicious and interesting....

P.S. - Is "Beaverly" a typo, or a reference that I'm not getting?

[edit on 16-1-2005 by yellocake]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Thank you Flashburn, that looks like the one.

I don't think that is a actual photo but who knows.

I would think that my family (mother, Grandmother, Aunts and Uncles ) that lived in the L.A. area would have told this story to me.

Roper

Your very welcome.

Here is a couple of documents and a story I found. Not sure if they are real or not but interesting none the less.

Documents

[edit on 16/1/05 by flashburn]

Sorry, I messed up the link. It's fixed now.

[edit on 16/1/05 by flashburn]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think that the only way to prove this story is true is for someone in Calif. to go to the L.A. Times archive and look for this story.

I'll bet it is on micro-film.

Anyone in Calif. want to bow-up and make a hand?

Roper

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Here's the LA times article that's all over the net:

and here's the famous picture of the "thing" they were shooting at

looks pretty saucer-y.

I'm in LA, but I don't know anybody remotely old enough to ask. I think I am going to attempt to find an old timer and get some firsthand info. I would think they'd have to be at least 70-75 years old...

The first official story was that it was "war nerves" and they were shooting at nothing, but then it was revised to conclude that something was up there, but it remained unidentified. Apparently the thing flew to Long Beach before taking off - I wonder if military planes were tailing it at that point or if people sa
Any military personnel have any insight or info?

There's a bunch of info regarding what's called the "Battle of LA" here

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Couldn't this L.A. Times paper be a fake? People can do a lot of amazing stuff on a computer.

Roper

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
what I don't get on the "supposed" picture is why it looks like what most UFO's looked in the old style movies?

and the newspaper could be fake but I honestly dont' know if their is a way (besides getting first hand knowledge from someone still alive that was living there then) to verify it..

it does seem kinda far fetched tho, but I leave my mind open to anything, and await anyone getting any information about it

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

what I don't get on the "supposed" picture is why it looks like what most UFO's looked in the old style movies?

Because that's just how they simply look like. Movies are just inspired from real stories and testimony

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Actually, I remember something about an incident in LA in 1942, from my FOIA readings...let me see if I can find a link to it....

EDIT: Wasn't FOIA, was from majesticdocuments....so authenticity has not yet been proven. Still, interesting nonetheless...

[edit on 17-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You know most newspapers keep microfilm records. And even many large libraries, you can go and pull up many newspapers from any date.

edit:

Sorry, after a moment or two of searching, I even found a couple of places.

www.library.arizona.edu...

www.smpl.org...

www.library.unlv.edu...

(has many others as well)

www.lib.washington.edu...

etc.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by Jadette]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
Sorry, after a moment or two of searching, I even found a couple of places.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by Jadette]

Yeah, I got nowhere with those links. They either want a credit card, or a University access code, and they won't accept my student ID from the School of Hard Knocks.

It looks like I'll just have to start harassing the elderly in person.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well i didn't claim I found them for free.

But you can go in person to any large library.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The picture above is correct as it matches the microfiche I saw in my local library last night... I plan to go back and look at the days following it to see the retraction by the military I expect to find.....Was there picking up tax forms...so didn't stay long.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Gazrok]

top topics

join