It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ninth Circus rules that concealed carry is not protected by the Constitution.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

So begins the set up to hollow out the 2nd Amendment.
And of course, after Hilary is elected, she'll ram through a liberal judge who will make victims of every law abiding citizen in the country.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Correct. We have the right to bare them...just not hide them without permit.

MS
CPL/CCW permit holder

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

Sounds a lot like Missouri and Kansas too.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I see. So you'd prefer everyone carry openly? We can do that.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: Gothmog

Open carry sounds fine to me. If you want to go concealed, get a permit. I've been told guns are good deterrents, so why do you want to hide it?

Because people like yourself and previous posters have the vapors over it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

The constitution gives you a right to keep and bear (meaning "carry") arms, it does not give you a right to concealed carry.

Yeah, we'd love to open carry, but then the Liberals who seem to be terrified of the mere sight of a weapon, call the police and issue a false report of a "dangerous gunman on the loose" and run for their safe spaces.
I've had enough of the idiots who think pissing on yourself, instead of a 9 mm center mass, is a better way to stop a rapist and who keep trying to take my right to defend myself and my family, wherever we may be, away a bit at a time.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If the alternative is concealed carry, then most certainly. Of course, it's once again a totally pointless piece of law anyway, as anyone dead set on carrying concealed will do it regardless and there's no effective means of enforcing it.

But given a choice, I would prefer everyone carry openly to everyone carrying concealed.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

People like myself? In your quote I literally say "open carry sounds fine to me."

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If the alternative is concealed carry, then most certainly. Of course, it's once again a totally pointless piece of law anyway, as anyone dead set on carrying concealed will do it regardless and there's no effective means of enforcing it.

But given a choice, I would prefer everyone carry openly to everyone carrying concealed.

I'd guess that most gun owners wouldn't have an issue with that, but legally, its usually not that simple. Plus, you have to worry about left-wing anti-gun morons causing a scene, calling the cops simply to cause you grief, or other forms of harassment, all because they merely see a firearm. Even here in the rural southern US, I personally have relatives who, on their own private rural land, have suffered such harassment.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Checking the statistics, the US has a very slightly smaller rape rate compared to Australia. Unfortunately, the statistics are unreliable due to the nature of the crime (many go unreported) so it's quite hard to tell. (For example, a progressive utopia could theoretically have a higher statistical rape rate than a third world hellhole, because all the rapes that do occur get reported, as opposed to only a very tiny fraction.)

Regardless, I think the issue with the US is less so guns themselves and more so a cultural problem. I made a topic with my thoughts on that here. While some of my reasoning is indeed flawed, I feel like guns work as an amplifier rather than the source of its issues.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

The people calling cops on your relatives aren't liberals, they're just stupid. Just like the GOP morons in the government aren't conservatives. Assuming what you're saying is the whole story and they didn't threaten to shoot the people or something.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Did the girl possess a gun but didn't bring it with her? Did the girl wish to obtain a gun but was prevented due to laws?

I thought you were better than this, DBC.

Pick a side. Either we have this freedom or we don't.

I haven't seen this much waffling since I went to IHOP.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

People say it's the liberals who whine, but Jesus f*cking Christ the other side is just as bad.

The constitution gives you a right to keep and bear (meaning "carry") arms, it does not give you a right to concealed carry.

Why do you care? Someone wishing to do you harm is going to do it no matter what the law is. How do you not understand this basic concept?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

This reasoning is totally rediculous and is equivalent to an attempt to say,

"It's unconstitutional to shoot or fire arms"

because it's not specified in the 2nd amendments wording.

Same illogical thinking applied to the 1st would have these folks in coniption fits.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

They use the land for occasional informal target practice, maybe once a month, if that often. 100% legal in this state and local LE doesn't care, but has to respond if there's a call. It was just a waste of everyone's time.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Since the Constitution specifically reserves the right to bear arms to the people, the States have more no legal authority to restrict it than the Federal government. That is, if either the Federal or State governments were to follow the law. This ruling would be like allowing Jews to wear a Star of David outside their shirts but not underneath.

Of course, State and Federal governments don't have to worry about the Constitution because, you know, they have lots of guns to use on people who don't comply with their edicts.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

People say it's the liberals who whine, but Jesus f*cking Christ the other side is just as bad.

Does it specify HOW you can carry it? NO. SO there is also nothing saying you cant conceal it either. Unles it specifies how to carry it this law is stupid.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is good for those of us who want the option to be safe by staying away from gun nuts. This way if I go somewhere and see people carrying I have the option to leave. With concealed carry my right to stay away from crazy people is taken away, and my right to be safe is far more important to me than your "right" to feel tough.

When I was a kid no one ever carried guns anywhere here except to go hunting and we were survived just fine.

I am at a loss as to why you reside in the United States. I mean that whole "constitution" thing has to really, really piss you off. Why don't you travel south to Venezuela, or perhaps Cuba. They likely have some fantastic deals on realestate and they can make you feel all warm and cozy with the anti gun laws along with the government more akin to your liking.

don't let that door hit you where the good Lord split ya.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have open carried every single day since the law was passed here in Texas. Not one time have the police been called on me for being a "dangerous gunman on the loose". In fact, everyone who sees me usually smiles (even the local cops) and says "Hell yea man!". The people working at businesses adjacent to mine constantly tell me that they feel much safer having me around, and all of them tell me they wish their employers allowed them to open carry in their businesses as well.

Not one time in the six months I started carrying have I had to even pull my weapon. And I hope it stays that way. But should a situation present itself where I am in fear for my life or the life of another, you can bet your ass that I will defend myself and others.

a reply to: DAVID64

edit on 10-6-2016 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You know it's only a matter of time before some lunatic argues that when the Founders wrote arms they meant literally the limbs of your body, not guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join