It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Susan Rice Assures Israel of ‘Largest Military Aid Package in American History’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
"Want some money?" US National Security Adviser Susan Rice promised this week that Israel would receive the “single largest military assistance package – with any country – in American history.” How generous Washington is with other people's money...and so much for the US as an "honest broker" in the Israel/Palestine conflict.

While her speech today at the American Jewish Committee Global Forum included some vague criticism of ongoing Israeli settlement expansion, as usual that will have no impact on US policy, as National Security Adviser Susan Rice centered the speech on pledges of a record military aid package being agreed to soon. The aid package, which Rice reiterated would be the “single largest military assistance package – with any country – in American history,” is expected to be between $37.5 and $40 billion over the next decade, which Rice said proved increasing aid to Israel isn’t a partisan issue in the US, but “an enduring American interest.” The US had initially offered a $40 billion deal which required the Israeli government to promise not to lobby the US Congress for more money during the 10-year plan, but this was rejected by Netanyahu. Other offers, in the realm of $35 billion but without the restrictions, have similarly been spurned. Getting Israel to agree to accept the record package remains the focus on Obama’s side, while many are warning Netanyahu that waiting Obama out and trying to get more from his successor risks alienating many Democrats, particularly in Netanyahu’s deal comes from a Republican president. Initial reports suggested Netanyahu was looking for a deal in the realm of $45 billion, though much of the discussion is based around the assumption of always demanding at least a bit more than was offered, no matter how gaudy the package already is.

news.antiwar.com...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the image that I have of a lapdog is one of a homely looking mongrel of some sort or another panting rapidly with tail wagging uncontrollably, sitting upright by its master's leg while waiting patiently for its next command.

Oh, yeah, and a little slobbering might be taking place as well.

Did you ever notice how relations on the state level can sometimes take on the appearance of that of a lapdog association? Consider the strange relationship between the United States and Israel, with the U.S. being the lapdog and Israel the master.

The only difference is instead of Israel saying, "Hey, United States, go fetch my shoes," it says, "Hey, United States, go fetch my money." And, boy, does the U.S. Congress respond. Resembling a good little lapdog, it immediately goes galloping back to the American taxpayers - slobbering and wagging its tail uncontrollably all along the way - and fleeces the US again for another billion or 2... or 3... or 40?!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Yep that's the sad reality we have to face. Forever Israel's lapdog. It's pretty clear that Hilary is pro Israel, so that won't change when she's president. What is Trump's stance on the relation between Israel and the US?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That is extraordinary.

The US had initially offered a $40 billion deal which required the Israeli government to promise not to lobby the US Congress for more money during the 10-year plan, but this was rejected by Netanyahu

Sooooo, the US offered a deal with it's own money to get Israel off its back, and they rejected it for a better deal.

I'm sorry, I''m having real difficulty processing that one.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

It makes you think who controls who, right? It's the truth Israel is controlling our government the Zionists run the countries Big financial institutions insurance sectors, and big Media they lobby and control the US government this is why they are able to get Israel so much money in aid when you have guys like Zubinski, Lloyd Blankenfield,Henry Kissenger, Larry Sommers, Ben Shalom Bernakkie lobbing money for Israel they are usurping the people's will. Israel is walking around masquerading as Isis. I hope someday my country will wake up from this intense deep sleep.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WombRaider69

It makes you think who controls who, right?

Yes, it does.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I was just typing the same thing

The US should say "So you don't want to take the $40 billion we're GIVING you? Well, you all have fun now because if you come back the number will be much lower."

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Israel should get # all from anyone, Netanyahu
and his band of SS thugs should be in the Hague
on war crime charges..

Hate 'em

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Warpigs are destroying the planet, $40 Billion is far better spent on the domestic front on the homeless situation, infrastructre, job creation and healthcare.

America simply cannot afford to keep doing this - both fiscally and geopolitically it is a policy that is contributing to Americas economic and security woes.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You have been enslaved my friend by the Zionist pigs

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Apparently we can, along with foreign aid to many other Middle Eastern countries and something else... oh yeah, war!

But we can't afford socialized medicine or free college at public universities.

link   

The US had initially offered a $40 billion deal which required the Israeli government to promise not to lobby the US Congress for more money during the 10-year plan, but this was rejected by Netanyahu.

Ummm what??
4 billion a year and that isn't enough? What exactly does Israel do for us again?

link   

originally posted by: WombRaider69

Yep that's the sad reality we have to face. Forever Israel's lapdog. It's pretty clear that Hilary is pro Israel, so that won't change when she's president. What is Trump's stance on the relation between Israel and the US?

While US Jews hate him he beats out Clinton in polls in Israel on who would best represent Israel’s interests. Trump "knowing that the bond between the United States and Israel is absolutely, totally unbreakable. Clinton "we will never allow Israel's adversaries to think a wedge can be driven between us." So pretty much the same.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah what exactly does Israel do for us indeed.

You won't find any Israeli troops fighting alongside ours in Afghanistan. Nor would you have found any in Iraq either. And if you went back and checked the record, you'd also see that there wasn't any fighting alongside ours in Operation Desert Storm in Kuwait in 1991. You see, whenever our troops conduct military operations in that part of the world we need logistical support from the Arab and/or Islamic countries in the region - Saudi Arabia, for instance. Those countries typically stipulate that we can't have their support if Israel is involved in the operations. Hence, Israel is always left out of the equation.

What good is a friend or ally if you can never call on them?

edit on 9-6-2016 by WombRaider69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The aid package, which Rice reiterated would be the “single largest military assistance package – with any country – in American history,” is expected to be between $37.5 and $40 billion over the next decade

Oh hell, that's nothing.

Just wait until Trump gets to sit on the throne, that dollar amount will double overnight.

Israel's welfare paycheque is going to be yuge... YUGE !

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Hey, stop paying attention! You're supposed to be distracted by the fake transsexual bathroom crisis and Trump! Oh look! Trump's at it again! Let's all focus on him now! (-said while glaring out of the corner my eye to make sure you're going along with the new distraction...)

Honestly, I'm not surprised. This current Congress and Pres Obama's administration have been helping Israel the whole time. Remember not too long when the US agreed to give Israel extra stuff if they backed off from attacking the Iran nuclear deal? Same thing.

Oh & don't be fooled by the rhetoric. The US hasn't been an honest broker when dealing w/Israel since "Operation Nickle Grass" in the 1973 Yom Kippur War. Everything you hear that's contrary to this is just meant for domestic consumption for specific constituents. As in, Repubs will say the opposite to rile up their base. Neocons will say the opposite to get new concessions & support from sympathizers on all sides. And Dems will say the opposite to make the Left wing think they're actually trying to stand up to Israel.
edit on 9-6-2016 by enlightenedservant because: formatting snafu

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Israel requested about 4 billion a year in military aid during the latest negotiations. Considering the amount is not all that much more than what we already supply the characterization seems to be designed for sensationalism. My guess would be giving Israel what they want in order for Clinton to be able to run on a platform of defending Israel.

* - 2015 - US assistance to Israel ***PDF LINK***

For FY2016, the following legislation addresses U.S. foreign assistance to Israel:

• A draft House FY2016 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related
Programs bill would provide Israel
$3.1 billion in FMF as requested.

• H.R. 1735, the House version of the National Defense Authorization bill for
FY2016, authorizes up to $371.2 million for various U.S.-Israeli joint missile
defense systems including: $41.4 million for Iron Dome, $249.8 million for
David’s Sling; $34.5 million for Arrow 3, and $45.5 million for Arrow 2.

• S. 1376, the Senate version of the National Defense Authorization bill for
FY2016, authorizes up to $372.4 million for various U.S.-Israeli joint missile
defense systems.

• A draft House FY2016 Defense Appropri
ations bill would provide $487.595
million for U.S.-Israeli joint missile defense programs, of which $55 million is
for Iron Dome, $286.526 million is for David’s Sling, $89.550 million is for
Arrow 3, and $56.519 million is for Arrow 2.

edit on 9-6-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hey there...dont ya guys know...the entire state dept. is Israelis....in Washington D C....donchano.....

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My mother taught me charity starts at home.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Hey there...dont ya guys know...the entire state dept. is Israelis....in Washington D C....donchano.....

That's a very NAZI train of thought...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Warpigs are destroying the planet, $40 Billion is far better spent on the domestic front on the homeless situation, infrastructre, job creation and healthcare.

America simply cannot afford to keep doing this - both fiscally and geopolitically it is a policy that is contributing to Americas economic and security woes.

Ya think ? With that mindset and reasoning you will never get anywhere in politics .
Peace.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join