It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do women revel in their power over men?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

How does western culture corrupt women in your opinion?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I see these songs being irrelevant to wether women "revel in their power over men". Some women probably do, who cares, some men absolutely let them. Women didn't create men's sexual urges, it's just hormones.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Well, as a woman, I can honestly say that I don't listen to any of those songs, or, for that matter, any of those artists! Can't explain why they do what they do, so sorry. Not something that applies to all women, in any case. I'd say it's likely about power. That's something some people want, male or female. Not good for relationships, though!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Western lifestyle for you. Women are corrupt easily without the right knowledge.

And men aren't corrupted easily without the right knowledge?

This doesn't happen in the ancient past unless the woman was a warrior.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I love how instead of working together as humans we can always find a reason to have a go at the other half...

Its pop music ffs....

I kinda like those tunes, and not once did I listen to them and think, shoot.... these women revel in my demise. Cause I'm a man.

Ultimately, within a lifetime ladies have gone from being property to being individuals. There will be some harsh words said while that settles down.

That's kinda on us as men....

So be a man and let them have some space. It will be a better world for it if you understand what it is, rather than being a sensitive little b***h, who feels all emasculated by a Britney spears tune.

Peace and much love

Ian

P.S.

Shakira's right. Her hips don't lie...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

How does western culture corrupt women in your opinion?

One word. Media.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: makemap
Western lifestyle for you. Women are corrupt easily without the right knowledge.

And men aren't corrupted easily without the right knowledge?

This doesn't happen in the ancient past unless the woman was a warrior.

Men is just down right secretly evil. They conquer and conquer until one becomes king to all women. Why you think men makes women have babies? Breed our army.

edit on 9-6-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
A lot of that has to do with what it is, pop music, rather than women's control over men. It is controlled by marketing execs, etc., that help to mass produce songs and starlets that appeal to young people. As well as a general demographic market for sales.

Many pop stars do not write their music, direct their videos and more, they leave it up to their hired managers to handle how that works for the best intention of moving the product, such as mp3s or albums, merchandise and ticket sales. The more compressed the song is musically(for radio play) and the more simple(such as relationship and love songs) and catchy(about 3 to 4 repeated lines in the 2 to 3 minute song, etc) song the more many enjoy the lyrics are the more it will appeal to the general audience it is directed at. In the case of your Op it is young women.

No not to say all are vapid or other but it's rather a cultural safe point to like what all your friends do at that age, to be accepted by your group especially when media drills soo many things into people of what they should be. Some say it goes deeper than revenue but onto to control to mass influence experiments as as seen in the 60s. We're still in the "me generation"(ie selfie generation) more than ever, which has parts of the older "Keeping up with the Joneses" mentality.

edit on 9-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

" Men is just down right secretly evil. They conquer and conquer until one becomes king to all women. Why you think men makes women have babies? Breed our army. "

....something is wrong with you.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I don't get it. Is this some sort of case your making on women and there powerful evolved crutch they have been leaning on, or that for that last decade there has been a long and steady in fact never ending stream of just bad and crappy music.

I concur, people have been living in delusions for a long time, and those songs are somewhat bellow average with a few maybe even classifying as maybe above average though unless there playing on the radio I would be hard pressed to listen to listen from beginning to end. And boy are you in the past about the taste in songs and what the kids listen to now a days...By ages in fact, if it were any worse I would even thing you would be a woman who wrote this thread. But your quite obviously a dude.

Now If your serious, and want to hear what the kids are listening to now a days. Well! Here it is... Ah brave and new horizons...
Or not.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Those clips you put up do not express to me what you say they do.

Without going into a deep detailed analyzation of each one,
-Some express that the woman singing is picky, or highly selective. (like Twains song)
That is something that even in animals, females do better to be selective with choosing mates for reproduction.

-Some express the excitement of the flow between observer and observed, that all stage performers know, and that woman are often more intensely aware of. I do not see how you took that to mean only men. Though it is linked to having a certain power to have an impact of some sort upon others. This is a HUMAN desire, not at all of one gender or another. Men write songs about their own drive and enjoyment in being noticed and having an impact upon others.

There are some women, depending upon where they are located, as well as their social and economic status,
that feel oppressed by a male dominated community in very concrete ways.
In situations of this type, the less powerful person will often try to find a certain amount of peace with themselves in envisioning a sort of power that is not evident or concrete. Like witchcraft...or psychic powers.

I currently hold the opinion that in many cases they often DO develop a certain amount of covert power, such as the ability to covertly emotionally manipulate others.
In those cases, you'd have to really decide what you consider as more important? overt power, or covert?

Would you rather:
-have your female mate be the one working and financially supporting you, with the right to make most big choices and that you have to ask before you decide to do things.... and you being very good at influencing her mood and decisions through less straightforward ways (you know if you hand her a beer and give her a footrub when she gets home, that will impact her decisions and behavior).

-Or have it the other way around- you have more power that everyone sees and that you both sort of act out, but she has a sort of indirect power to make you feel certain ways or see things from certain angles.

Some of my point with that little question (because they are not the only choices, just two possible ones)
Is that all humans have a draw towards power... there is nothing you can do to change that. Even those who claim and believe they don't, will find themselves drawn to being near someone that does (like the spiritual warriors against ego who happen to feel drawn to powerful gurus).

In terms of power games, sometimes those who seem to be in power aren't really, those who claim to be aren't; those who claim not to be really are.

There are all kinds of women out there. The ones that are bragging about having power over others are often the ones that do not actually have any in real life. Brittney Spears for chissakes. How powerful over her life do you assume she has really been?? She has been a marrionette for powerful people since she was a child! If it makes her feel better to tell herself that inbetween being a whore for record labels and producers, she has moments of being powerful when she is exciting a crowd of observers, who cares? The poor thing has to go back to her real life when she walks off the stage and reality sets in again.
edit on 12-6-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 18th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: freelove16

Oh yeah? Like a bad case of Zika?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I hate to say it but penis envy is alive and well. Why are we having ads that "support women's issues" this week? Hell, we don't even have testicular cancer anymore:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join