It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do women revel in their power over men?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I realize that I have to attempt to prove two things right from the start:

1. Women have power over men.

2. Women revel in their power over men.

In order to do that, I'm listing ten songs by ten of the most popular current female musicians that in my opinion celebrate a woman's power over men. I believe I could extend the list to fifty songs if I had to but I think ten songs is enough to prove the two points above.

I have listed the writers of all ten songs. Two out of the ten were written by only men. Seven out of the ten were co-written by the artists who sang the songs. I see that as an irrelevant issue. The artists decided to record the songs which means they endorsed the songs completely. That's the relevant issue.

After those points are established, I want to get to the topic of this thread. Why do women revel in their power over men? It seems simple to me, it's fun for them and they generally get what they want because of it. I would celebrate too if I were in that situation.

Shania Twain - Any man of mine
Writers: Robert John "Mutt" Lange, Shania Twain

www.youtube.com...

Britney Spears - Circus
Writers: Lukasz Gottwald, Claude Kelly, Benjamin Levin

www.youtube.com...

Katy Perry - If You Can Afford Me
Writers: Katy Perry, Dave Katz, Sam Hollander

www.youtube.com...

Avril Lavigne - What The Hell
Writers: Avril Lavigne, Max Martin, Shellback

www.youtube.com...

Taylor Swift - Blank Space
Writers: Taylor Swift, Max Martin, Shellback

www.youtube.com...

Mariah Carey - Obsessed
Writers: Mariah Carey, Terius Nash, Christopher Stewart

www.youtube.com...

Madonna - Material Girl
Writers: Peter Brown, Robert Rans

www.youtube.com...

Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
Writers: Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Janet Jackson

www.youtube.com...

Shakira - Hips Don't Lie
Writers: Shakira, Wyclef Jean, Jerry 'Wonder' Duplessis, Omar Alfanno, LaTavia Parker, Vinay Rao

www.youtube.com...

Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
Writers: David Frank, Steve Kipner, Pamela Sheyne

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Profusion

Because they have a monopoly, bro.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Some of these songs were written by men.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

You're spoiling the magic.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Women also love spoiling things.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

For similar reasons most men enjoy lording it over other men and too many women . . .

their anemic self worth feels a kick in the pants when they do.

It's short-lived and pathetic--but the dynamic is typically a habit of long standing from . . . the usual . . . RAD.

!!!CONTROL!!! FREAKISM is a drug that triggers a dopamine high just like drugs, sex, etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

They have what we want bud...

Its just how it works...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I read a story recently did a study where they had couples both write a diary about their sexual desire, how much they think their partner has sexual desire, and how they feel about their relationship. men tended to underestimate the sex desire in women. Women have been saying this for years, but many men's experiences have not given credence to this. The study also seemed to intimate that, while men aren't very good at telling whether their wives/girlfriends were in the mood and tended to avoid initiating sex for fear of rejection, women were oftentimes in the mood, could tell quite well if their partner was in the mood, they indicated higher satisfaction with the relationship when they weren't reciprocating.

At least thats how I interpreted the results.

Link to study

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Social conditioning.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

They have what you need and you, conversely, don't.
Supply and demand, you see.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Some of these songs were written by men.

I looked up the writers of all ten songs. Two out of the ten were written by only men. Seven out of the ten were co-written by the artists who sang the songs. I see that as an irrelevant issue. The artists decided to record the songs which means they endorsed the songs completely. That's the relevant issue.

Shania Twain - Any man of mine
Writers: Robert John "Mutt" Lange, Shania Twain

Britney Spears - Circus
Writers: Lukasz Gottwald, Claude Kelly, Benjamin Levin

Katy Perry - If You Can Afford Me
Writers: Katy Perry, Dave Katz, Sam Hollander

Avril Lavigne - What The Hell
Writers: Avril Lavigne, Max Martin, Shellback

Taylor Swift - Blank Space
Writers: Taylor Swift, Max Martin, Shellback

Mariah Carey - Obsessed
Writers: Mariah Carey, Terius Nash, Christopher Stewart

Madonna - Material Girl
Writers: Peter Brown, Robert Rans

Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
Writers: Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Janet Jackson

Shakira - Hips Don't Lie
Writers: Shakira, Wyclef Jean, Jerry 'Wonder' Duplessis, Omar Alfanno, LaTavia Parker, Vinay Rao

Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
Writers: David Frank, Steve Kipner, Pamela Sheyne

originally posted by: BO XIAN

For similar reasons most men enjoy lording it over other men and too many women . . .

their anemic self worth feels a kick in the pants when they do.

It's short-lived and pathetic--but the dynamic is typically a habit of long standing from . . . the usual . . . RAD.

!!!CONTROL!!! FREAKISM is a drug that triggers a dopamine high just like drugs, sex, etc.

I think Katy Perry's "If You Can Afford Me" is the best example of the ten songs in the original post. She's reveling in the fact that she can get what she wants. THAT is what this is about.

I have to admit, if I had that kind of power at my fingertips, it would be seductive. But, I probably wouldn't use it because it seems to be ultimately counterproductive and morally wrong. However, if I were a woman, it may seem different.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I adore spoiling my Husband.
If only he would allow me to do so.
*sigh*

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

1. Women have power over men.

I truly don't see it as just one sided 'all of the time'.

2. Women revel in their power over men.

Same answer as above. Of course, there are occasions where it happens that one sex or the other is the 'dominating' force in a relationship but I don't know that you can single out women. I've known plenty of men who like to exert their power or over women. Some women yielding to that power to get what they want/need.

I really believe it happens equally on both sides but that is based on my experience.

Perhaps women are just evil and we enjoy tormenting and torturing men in order to will them to do our bidding or else there will be no satisfaction or fulfillment for him in any department. Perhaps we do revel in the 'power'.

If a man is submissive/weak to that perceived power couldn't that, maybe, speak as much about him as her?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Think it's an equal rights thing?

Some women "may think" by being more dominant in certain situations they feel more powerful than men.

Personally if a woman wants to do a guy's job then let them and visa versa,,in short a job is a job.

probably has nothing to do with work or equal rights?,,, could just be nuts?

who really knows other than women.
edit on 9-6-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It's really very simple.

It's called hormones, and sex.

And women, either intelligent enough to know it themselves, or sheep enough to listen to those smart enough, know that men are attracted.

In many ways, I think it is largely because the woman is not as invested. She can and will have a mate. Men, not so much.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Perhaps women are just evil and we enjoy tormenting and torturing men in order to will them to do our bidding or else there will be no satisfaction or fulfillment for him in any department. Perhaps we do revel in the 'power'.

I was just thinking that only sadistic men revel in their power over women. But, in my experience, all attractive women revel in their power over men.

I don't believe it's about sadism for women (with occasional exceptions). I'll repeat what I posted above just in case you missed it:

I think Katy Perry's "If You Can Afford Me" is the best example of the ten songs in the original post. She's reveling in the fact that she can get what she wants. THAT is what this is about.

Who can deny that's what this whole thing is about? When I listen to all ten songs in the original post, I hear that common theme...the women are celebrating the fact they can get what they want.

Again, I would celebrate that too. I see nothing wrong it.

If anyone wants to go deeper into this issue in a scientific-type way, I recommend the following video.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm sure I could list ten songs on several different topics, if that's all it takes to "prove" my point. Sheesh, you're an easy crowd then.

Did some little gal break your heart bro? Is that why now all women "revel in their power over men". So much power, people are applauding the possibility of the FIRST female president. So much power, rapes still number in the thousands every year. So much power a woman doesn't dare express her sexuality, or tell the truth about her sexual history, because she gets crucified, while any man would be lauded.

What is it with the misogynistic posts occasionally on ATS, accusing women of being the Devil?
edit on 6/9/2016 by Klassified because: spelling and grammar

edit on 6/9/2016 by Klassified because: more spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Western lifestyle for you. Women are corrupt easily without the right knowledge. This doesn't happen in the ancient past unless the woman was a warrior.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I don't believe it's about sadism for women (with occasional exceptions). I'll repeat what I posted above just in case you missed it:

I didn't miss it. I was merely thinking out loud.

Again, I would celebrate that too. I see nothing wrong it.

I actually agree with you on that point from both sides.

My statement, that you quoted above, was just me being sarcastic not necessarily in your direction.

I just wanted, as a woman, to state that in my experience attractive, strong, intelligent men sometimes do the same things and act the same way in order to get what they want. I don't see anything wrong with that either. So I suppose in a roundabout way we both agree. Sorry to butt in.

Thanks for the link to the video. Maybe I'll check it out later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join