It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Buy Friends and Pay for Influence by Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yes the title is an allusion to the famous 1936 self-help mega bestseller, How to Win Friends and Influence People. That's the funny part of this thread, the rest of it is decidedly unfunny — particularly if you were a Trump University "student" from Florida, conned by Queen Trump and looking to your AG for help getting justice.

Unfortunately for those unfortunate non-super wealthy, non-con artists, they'd blown their money on "Trump University," money they probably could have used to buy a little justice for themselves.

Florida AG asked Trump for donation before nixing fraud case (my bold)

WASHINGTON (AP) — Florida's attorney general personally solicited a political contribution from Donald Trump around the same time her office deliberated joining an investigation of alleged fraud at Trump University and its affiliates.

The new disclosure from Attorney General Pam Bondi's spokesman to The Associated Press on Monday provides additional details around the unusual circumstances of Trump's $25,000 donation to Bondi.

The money came from a Trump family foundation in apparent violation of rules surrounding political activities by charities. A political group backing Bondi's re-election, called And Justice for All, reported receiving the check Sept. 17, 2013 — four days after Bondi's office publicly announced she was considering joining a New York state probe of Trump University's activities, according to a 2013 report in the Orlando Sentinel.

After the check came in, Bondi's office nixed suing Trump, citing insufficient grounds to proceed.

"When I want something I get it," Trump said at an Iowa rally in January. "When I call, they kiss my ass. It's true."

In addition to the money given by his foundation, Trump himself has donated $253,500 since in Florida since 1999, most of it going to Republican candidates, the state party or political committees affiliated with GOP officials. His daughter, Ivanka Trump, also gave a $500 check to Bondi a week before her father's money came in, as well as another $25,000 to the Republican Party of Florida the following year.

The article goes on to reference an earlier AP article about Texas Governor Gregg Abbot who was the Texas AG back in 2010 when his office dropped its "Trump University" case after the organization agreed to stop operating in Texas. Never mind the victims Abbot was elected to provide justice for. Three years later, Abbot received a donation of $35,000 from Trump (for services rendered?).

Not surprisingly, Bondi and Abbot are both endorsing Trump. Don't bite the hand the feeds and all that.

For future reference:

Anyone who ever considers attending a seminar from any organization with Trump in the name, hoping to have the secret to his success unlocked for a bargain price equivalent to a full year of actual university education, let me save you tens of thousands of dollars.

The secret is simple. Bribe and bribe often.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The secret is simple. Bribe and bribe often.

The guy openly admitted this in one of the debates as well, back when he was still on the self funding kick.

Which is why people who are defending his decision to now to take donations baffles me. Of course that is just because it is no longer the primary and he never said he was going to self fund the general.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So Trump is admitting that money grants favor and we now have a case in which it appears that the "favors" include dismissal of court cases against him?

From what I can tell, even Hillary has not done something like this.

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Thanks for the video. I had forgotten about that! Here's a source for the original statement from Trump:

CNBC - Donald Trump is right: Paying politicians pays

"As a businessman and a very substantial donor to very important people, when you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do," Trump told The Wall Street Journal. "As a businessman, I need that."

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What?

Hillary hasn't taken bribes?

Huh?

Can't compute.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

What?

Hillary hasn't taken bribes?

Huh?

Can't compute.

I did not say she hasn't taken bribes. What I questioned was whether Hillary has had court cases dismissed but her bribing other government officials, as it appears Trumps has.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

And how much backlash does she get for it?
If you think what she does is wrong, which it is, then how do you excuse the Don doing it?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

He owned up to it Hillary won't.

Big difference.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Ahhh what do you think Goldman Sachs was paying for?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Ahhh what do you think Goldman Sachs was paying for?

You are missing the point.

This would be equal to Hillary paying money to someone within the FBI or DoJ to dismiss the email investigations/charges.

Think about that.

It appears that Trump did something equivalent to that.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Ohhh, so as long as you say that you did it then we are all fine and dandy?
There is no difference except for the one you want to see.

He hasn't exactly owned up to it, more so just said he knows how the system works because he played the game and greased some pockets. Has he ever said what he did was wrong? Or do you not think it is?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

He's telling us right to our face what's going on

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Show some.proof that judge has cases dropped

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

He owned up to it Hillary won't.

Big difference.

Uh what?

You mean he brags about how he bribes politicians and the members of his cult simply don't care? I mean look at your own response. Here you have direct evidence that he uses bribes to have cases dropped so that his victims are denied due process and your response? To shrug and say "Hillary hasn't taken bribes?"

So can I take it that you are fully aware that Trump pays to screw over innocent, everyday people and you simply don't care?

By all means, don't vote for Hillary Clinton if you believe that she has taken bribes. What's that got to do with your support of Donald Trump though?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Show some.proof that judge has cases dropped

Read the OP.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what's so amazing about this unfaltering support for a man who brags about how he gets away with crimes. Never let it be said that he doesn't know his supporters.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hate to break it to you but Hillary would never admit wrong.

Trump has the balls to stand in front of us and tell us exactly what's going on behind the scenes. I'll take that any day of the week of Hillary's lies

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Trump has the balls to stand in front of us and tell us exactly what's going on behind the scenes. I'll take that any day of the week of Hillary's lies

While he lies to you and actually does what people accuse Hillary of doing?

Where is the common sense in that?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Accuse Hillary are you kidding me what's the millions of dollars from Goldman Sachs paying for?

Lies about what lies about telling us exactly what's going on

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

While he lies to you and actually does what people accuse Hillary of doing?

Where is the common sense in that?

Right wing logic, introvert.

Otherwise known as nutty derp herp derp.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join