It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satisfied "Students" In Trump Video Revealed To Have Close Trump Ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This story is from a few days ago but somehow it hasn't been plastered all over the news and ATS (must be a conspiracy). Trump's campaign released a video a week ago showcasing a few of the satisfied "students" of Trump "University" and like all things Trump, it turns out that it was sleazy manipulation.

I love how their statement attacks the media for spin. My bold below for emphasis.

Campaign showcases ex-Trump U students with ties to Trump

"The students on this video are representative of the many students who were overwhelmingly satisfied with Trump University," the campaign said. "Rather than listen to the media spin, listen to the hard-working students who can attest first-hand to the truth about Trump University."

The video recently filmed at Trump Tower in New York features Casey Hoban, a Connecticut bottled-water entrepreneur who said he earned "incalculable" profits on real estate deals after attending one of Trump's two-day courses about a decade ago.

Not disclosed by the campaign is that Hoban is also a Trump family acquaintance whose protein-infused water is stocked at Trump's golf courses, restaurants and resorts.

Hoban told The Associated Press that his business relationship with the Trump organization bloomed after he attended a charity event held last year held by a Trump family foundation. Trump's son Eric Trump later tweeted Hoban a personal thank you for his $25,000 donation.

The campaign's video also featured Michelle Gunn of Tennessee, who said she made back her Trump University tuition on her very first real estate deal.

"I see and hear there are former Trump University students coming out, and I have to sit back and think to myself if they were given the same education, the same opportunity, how come they didn't have the same results?" Gunn says in the video. "I think that is because you have to take action upon yourself. You have to go out and make it happen."

Not mentioned by the campaign is that the celebrity billionaire previously endorsed a self-help book authored by Gunn's teenage son, titled "Schooled for Success: How I Plan to Graduate from High School a Millionaire." A website promoting the book also features a photo of a smiling Houston Gunn posing with Trump in what appears to be the then reality TV star's Trump Tower office.

Michelle Gunn, who is listed as a witness for the defense in a lawsuit against Trump University, previously appeared in videos praising another business seminar program and a marketing service, both unrelated to Trump's enterprises. Gunn, who did not have a listed phone number, did not immediately respond to a message sent through her son's website.

You know one way to graduate high school a millionaire? Get Queen Trump, idiot whisperer, to push your teenage self-help book.

The third satisfied "student" in the video, Kent Moyer, is a celebrity bodyguard (as in bodyguard for celebrities, not a ... oh never mind) who has own serious issues with telling the truth. He made repeated claims about attending the Wharton Business School at UoP (which was attended by Trump and some of his children) which he was forced to later clarify. By clarify, I mean he had to admit that he was being egregiously misleading in his statements. Turns out when he said things like, "I ultimately enrolled in 2007 in the Wharton Business School" and repeatedly referred to himself as an alumni of the Wharton Business School, what he was actually referring to was a two week seminar he attended in 2007.

Donald Trump loves to call out people for being being "unfair" and "crooked" and cry crocodile tears about "rigged systems" — he even had the gall to accuse the Clintons of some sort of pay per play scheme involving their charity — but he's never met a lie he wouldn't tell, a fact he wouldn't spin or a system he wouldn't use his money and constant crying to game.

Then again, regarding the Clintons, maybe he is exactly the person to comment? Clearly he's got a relevant expertise built on decades of experience scamming the gullible, bribing officials for favorable treatment and perverting the legal system.
edit on 2016-6-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How many people are suing him to get their money back? Is it hundreds or thousands of people? Either way, that's more than Trumps so called satisfied students.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
300,000,000,000 more votes for Trump.

/sarc

Getting it in before Xuenchen.

Trump is a sleazeball.
A liar.
An unskilled but savvy snake oil salesman.

This is not a shock.

Edit: I hope his supporters read my avatar. He said that. & he meant that.
edit on 9-6-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Noted.

edit on 9-6-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If you convince your followers that NO source of media is fair or unbiased you've now left the only source of information for them to trust comes directly from you. Once your followers are distrustful of any information that doesn't come from you then not only can you say anything you want, and have it taken as truth, but you can deny anything you want and your followers will take it as truth.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The real question is how many people have complained to state AGs and not been given a chance at justice because Queen Trump had paid to have it denied to them?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

300,000,000,000 more votes for Trump.

Damn political correctness! Don't dare criticize Trump or more idiots will vote him out of spite!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So just when did the discussion of unemployed College graduates got railroaded into "TRUMP" ????
just a bunch of crapola, or is it only TU getting complaints from Soros people ?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Edit: I hope his supporters read my avatar. He said that. & he meant that.

Not a Trump supporter per say but saw your avatar and couldn't agree with him more. Most Americans are self centered complacent ****ing idiots. I'm reminded by that daily here.

The people he is talking about can't tell you.
Who the current vice president is.
How many branches our government has.
How many presidents we have had.
Or recite the pledge of allegiance.

The left has been catering to these people for years...
Their game is about up...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Isolating people from external influences so that their perceptions can be easily distorted is typical of cult recruitment/indoctrination.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Umm, this has nothing to do with college kids. Have you not heard about Trump University?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Most Americans are self centered complacent ****ing idiots.

I can't really imagine any greater example of self-centered idiocy than voting for a wannabe authoritarian strongman. Do you think he was talking about "[those] people" who the "left has been catering to" when he said:

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters"

I'm guessing no. Trump realizes that the bulk of his supporters are idiots and he loves it. Remember this gem?

"We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated."

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So about as dishonest as his first video about Trump University.
The guy might as well be on a used car lot for the techniques he uses.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Trump seems to be exactly what the Right Wing claims they hate about Leftists, but pay no attention to the disingenuous nature of Trump himself when he mimics those hated qualities.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah well at least when an unscrupulous used car salesman sells you a pile of junk, there are typically "Lemon Laws" that let you get out of that bad situation.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
like all things Trump, it turns out that it was sleazy manipulation.

I admit I didnt read the whole topic, just the catch line

What I find amusing is I love how your statement attacks the trump for spin.

He is a politician, they all do this kind of stuff, all of them

It should read
like all things politicians do, it turns out that it was sleazy manipulation.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

like all things politicians do, it turns out that it was sleazy manipulation.

I could roll with that too. Trump typifies all of the worst stereotypes of sleazy politicians and at the very same time, has absolutely none of the things anyone should reasonably be looking for in a political leader.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Y heard that some guys paid big bucks to learn how to get rich, and only the smart ones did, AMAZING!

new topics

top topics

join