It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Stephen Hawkings really an Imposter?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Good to hear a sensible and healthy discussion. It was even better to hear members took my words about not intending to offend as sincere, because they were.

I agree there are many facial similarities between the two pictures, especially the ears, which are normally the most accurate way of identifying people.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuraijanai2013

Good to hear a sensible and healthy discussion. It was even better to hear members took my words about not intending to offend as sincere, because they were.

I agree there are many facial similarities between the two pictures, especially the ears, which are normally the most accurate way of identifying people.

I would have had the same stance even if you had not clearly put a disclaimer in the op.

As I said in the above post I have contacted my friend for the links to the research he saw, I think there are quite a few people it is speculated to be imposters/replacements for various reasons.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

There's also the fact that there aren't a wide selection of Englishmen with long-term ALS who happen to be geniuses at the intersection of quantum mechanics and cosmology and participate in the highest level scientific research.

I mean, it's not like you can make such a scientist like a clone on Kamino.
edit on 9-6-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

There's also the fact that there aren't a wide selection of Englishmen with long-term ALS who happen to be geniuses at the intersection of quantum mechanics and cosmology and participate in the highest level scientific research.

I mean, it's not like you can make such a scientist like a clone on Kamino.

But does the fact that he uses a voicebox controlled by a computer mean that anyone could be typing the words.

I think if Mr Hawkings was aware of this he would laugh his ass off, he seems to have a pretty good sense of humour.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Fair point!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
both look the same to me. The left pic was taken 20 years ago when camera lenses did not pick up nearly the same amount of light and colour as they do today.

He looks plumper and fuller because thats what happens when you grow older, your metabolism slows down (usually why you see beer drinkers with a beer gut after 40)

As for the one idiot commentator who has nothing in his existence to actually get upset about.... get a life dork
edit on 9-6-2016 by StickyBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: tralfamadorable

Im hardly offended. But Ill defend Mr. Hawkings and others likewise afflicted. Even the starting of this thread is insensitive..let alone the TITLE.

Some things are fun to speculate. Others are insensitive, obviously based in an obvious untruth, and hurtful to families with like-affected family members, just for the sake of "discussion or conspiracy"...and because WE CAN here...

This is one of those. So, to all...proceed because its fun to speculate, right? *

*I wont respond further to any comment, so no response to that required here.

Peace

So basically what your saying is that a highly intelligent, respected and renowned man like Stephen hawking is off limits for the sort of speculation that we apply to hundreds of other people on this website because he has a disability/ degenerative disease?

Mate if thats your attitude you should not be working with these people.
Hes a person like anyone else and should not be excused or coddled because of anything.

I dont blame you for not responding to further messages, it would further highlight yoir obvious disdain for people with disabilities and i think i speak for most of the membership on this site when i say your attitude is highly offensive

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I'm guessing you're the type of person that heckles a comedian for telling a rape joke?

There are conspiracies that think the queen of england is under control of an interdimensional reptillian.

Tossing the idea around that hawking might be a clone or imposter is far from cruel or insulting.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Most obvious explanation would be an improved diet and different meds to what he was taking 20 years ago.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You specifically HAVE insulted Mr. Hawkings, his family and sufferers of the condition. Why start this insinuation of a conspiracy if you DIDNT mean to do this very thing?

I don't understand how the condition has anything to do with it. How is it an insult to sufferers of his condition to ask if he may be a imposter????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

As far as the Op people get lighter hair and brows as they age, I expect if you are famous someone maintains it nicely so it is not drab like mine. People also tend to put on weight with age until very old so that seem reasonably normal too. People get dental work so nothing there, the lighting makes the coloring different. The ears are the same the nose the same.
edit on 9-6-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Most obvious explanation would be an improved diet and different meds to what he was taking 20 years ago.

That actually makes alot of sense

Thanks for just ruining what could have been a fun thread

link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013

Some people don't show their age much within a 20 year peroid. Especially men. Also, make-up and camera quality as another member has said.

However, if he was an imposter, i'd have to give him props. Thats some good acting!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What I find fascinating is the sleuths on ATS have done all their judging based on two pictures provided by the OP. Nevermind the thousands of pictures and video that exist on the internet. No no, lets just look at these two pics and call it a day. Eye Roll....

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Says the person that qoutes Mr. Einstein! You animal...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Honestly, I look younger than I did 20 years ago. My daughters hate it their acquaintances assume I am one of their sisters! What is the difference? Less stress!

I am sure Hawkings has found his life less stressful. Has gotten past the stage of 'poor me' and is truly enjoying life to the best of his abilities. As others has stated, better healthcare and having the funds to enjoy life and your interests is a fountain of youth!

I believe Hawkings would actually enjoy this thread!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

His name is Stephen Hawking.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

And while we're at it, it's Dr. Hawking.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The picture is a little off (noses) I can see the differences I'm pretty sure there's something going on I wouldn't doubt it we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Anything can happen.
edit on 9-6-2016 by Piamocz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Hahaha my bad

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

He has had ALS for more like 40 years, I have no clue as to why he is still alive, that is if he actually is still alive. I think they put a very lifelike Stephen hawking dummy in the chair and it's voice is hooked up to a Watson using a speak'n spell as a voice synthesizer. You have to wonder if he died 20 years ago and he IS too much of a physics cash cow to tell anyone the truth.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join