It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposedly, Five PAK-FA's will be delivered to the Russian Aerospace Forces Next Year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The Russian Aerospace Forces will receive first units of the Sukhoi T-50 (PAK FA) fifth-generation fighter aircraft in 2017, Col. Gen. Viktor Bondarev, the Russian Aerospace Forces commander, said Saturday.

“There are five [T-50 fighters] at the [Russian] Chkalov’s State Flight Testing Center, they are being tested, and beginning in 2017 they will be arriving to our service,” Bondarev told reporters.

www.defencetalk.com...

I would NOT assume this is IOC yet. However, I'd say within 5 years, possibly as soon as 2019.

I suspect there are some translation issues above.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

They had at least two aircraft at Avidarts 16, so they're getting closer to service entry.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

The Russian Aerospace Forces will receive first units of the Sukhoi T-50 (PAK FA) fifth-generation fighter aircraft in 2017, Col. Gen. Viktor Bondarev, the Russian Aerospace Forces commander, said Saturday.

“There are five [T-50 fighters] at the [Russian] Chkalov’s State Flight Testing Center, they are being tested, and beginning in 2017 they will be arriving to our service,” Bondarev told reporters.

www.defencetalk.com...

I would NOT assume this is IOC yet. However, I'd say within 5 years, possibly as soon as 2019.

I suspect there are some translation issues above.

I hope these: F-22 Raptor are still far more technically advanced

than, the one's you are mentioning, the Sukhoi T-50 (PAK FA) fifth-generation fighter aircraft

They look very similar, but looks can be deceptive.
edit on 9-6-2016 by thenightisours because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

I'm sorry...but the PAK FA is a much sexier platform than either the F 35 or...dare I say...the Raptor...

An absolutely beautiful jet...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: thenightisours

The top picture you posted is of an SU-35.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

It's not nearly as stealthy though, looking at the test aircraft.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

The top picture you posted is of an SU-35.

Thanks, hmm, I went to google, asked for images of the raptor and this photo came up. Thank I will check into it.

Just checked again, images for the Raptor F22 are all here and identical to the one I posted above, I am not an expert, but seems legit

Images of US Raptor F22
edit on 9-6-2016 by thenightisours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

What images from the link are identical to the one above? By following your original image I was able to pull up a number of articles about the SU35 where they used that specific image and identified it as a SU35.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The F-22 and Su-35 look pretty much nothing alike, except in that they have two tails and two engines. The F-22 has a diamond wing, no wingtip rails, blended inlets, and outward canted tails.

F-22
edit on 6/10/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yuppers, I was trying to edit my post to include a picture but the site wasn't letting me include any shots from my gallery for some reason. Any problems lately zaph?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

Off and on issues reported. Nothing major.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bfirez

What images from the link are identical to the one above? By following your original image I was able to pull up a number of articles about the SU35 where they used that specific image and identified it as a SU35.

I agree, I must have pulled an incorrect image as you stated, sorry 'bout that. But my other link does capture the Rapture in many settings. Thank for bringing it to my attention. I'll see if I can correct image.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It's all good brother.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ummm...I totally agree...what's up with the vertical tail assemblies at this stage in the stealth game...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Tailed aircraft are much easier when you're talking supersonic speeds.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That may be true, but I love this craft and its' stealth.....the B-2
what a beauty.

no tails required.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

No tails required because it's a slow speed penetrator. It was never intended to go above Mach 1. As far as the no tails aspect, perhaps some of the more *ahem* electrifying parts of the design have more to do with that.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bfirez
It was never intended to go above Mach 1.

So this one time, on a B-2....

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Ummm...I realize that...my comment was more about the...vertical...tail assembly...which unlike the Raptor has an outward rake of 30 degrees...?

The other feature of the PAK FA I noticed was the leading edge stabilizers/flaps...if that's what they're called...why don't we see those on western craft...and what's the advantage/disadvantage...

After studying images of the Raptor...I almost think I'm seeing those leading edge stabilizers/flaps on the wings...

YouSir
edit on 11-6-2016 by YouSir because: I just hadsta...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

The F-22 has an outward angle and leading edge flaps. All aircraft have leading edge flaps. It allows for slow flight, like takeoff and landing.
edit on 6/11/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join