It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Open Letter to Sanders Supporters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

log in


posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:48 AM
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

From your link:

Yet when Sanders is removed from the equation and voters are offered the more expected lineup of Trump, Clinton, Stein and Johnson, it is the presumptive Democratic nominee who emerges on top with 39%, followed by Trump on 36%, Johnson at 6% and Stein on 4%. Only 5% of respondents told pollsters they would “stay at home and not vote” in this scenario.

So in a four way race In California, Clinton only gets 39%? That's bad news... never mind that the total of all the percentages only adds up to 90%, where are the remaining 10%? This is not good news for Clinton at all, no matter how they would like to spin it.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:11 AM
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Sanders and his supporters will come back in four years stronger, more popular and louder than every before. They WILL win, and after four short years of Trump, you will have a candidate who is anti-establishment. You will win, and you will not have to suffer eight years of Clinton followed by many years of establishment candidates being stuffed down your throat.

Hi psychoemperor....

I just saw this OP - and I am glad to have read it. I love your avatar, which is a large part of why, just as an aside.....

okay - so, I was all prepared to be all, "NO." And then I read your letter. And you are right. You are spot on.

I don't want eight more years (or even four) of the gridlock that is our government. I voted for Obama, and it bothered me a great deal that he was thwarted by Congress (the Republicans) at every moment. EVERY MINUTE OF HIS SENTENCE PRESIDENCY TERM included oppositional torture by Congressional Republicans. It made me sick.

I am intrigued by Trump, to be honest. I am not excited about Hillary - I don't want her. She's as establishment as she can be - more so than any other candidate. I don't like her.

I appreciate how Bernie pushed her, and continues to push her. I also have predicted that Team Bernie will not fade into the woodwork or be swept under the rug....rather, his supporters will have four years to prepare, just like Olympic athletes...and next time, we will prevail.

I appreciate much of Trump's message - I just don't like his bloviating, and it makes me nervous to think of him as a "world leader" - but I don't think he's stupid. A megalomaniac? Yes. But evil and intending to do harm? I don't think so.

I'll consider your suggestion. Just wanted to let you know I appreciated your perspective, and your letter. Well spoken.

Kindest Regards,
A Frustrated Bleeding Heart Liberal Bernie Supporter

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 06:58 AM
It seems to be true that at least on the republican side the establishment didn't get their ideal candidate. Unfortunately he's not winning due to his honesty, integrity or even political platform(Or as one redneck said "I support him cuz the wall mainly"). He's a celebrity and is very good at making himself appear attractive to viewers. It's career politician vs celebrity.

In a world that made sense it would be Gary Johnson, Ron Paul, and Bernie Sanders running for president. Instead we get Obama vs Romney, or Trump vs Hillary. All your current democratic/republican options will most certainly result in more intervention from government and less free market.

Gary Johnson is now the only obvious choice. The question is will republicans continue to vote Trump out of fear that Hillary might win, or will they vote 3rd party.

Anyway, who are we kidding. We already know Trump is going to win.

<< 1  2   >>

log in