It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRIGGER WARNING Meet ‘Generation Snowflake’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Another thread with "snowflake" in the title. Impressive. Can we get back to regularly scheduled programming yet. I'm getting tired of this insufferable nonsense.

I'm sure we will get back on track soon with Doomsday Shills, Flat Earth Snowflake outrage, Trumpatang and Hilldog Cuck cakes and other exiting bits of "news" beamed straight to your Pineal Gland via high energy all natural HAARP waves hiding behind a matrix of Chemtrails.

edit on 9-6-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I remember people my parents age bitching and complaining about my generation when I was in school...talking about how lazy and terrifying we were, without morals and direction. Listening to that horrible "heavy metal" and "grunge music" that sounds like dying animals.

*eye roll*

It's easy to hate, look down, and disparage another group in order to feel better about our own peer group. It's what humans have always done.

However, as I am now older I remember what it felt like being crapped upon by older people. And I now try and place myself into the shoes of the teenagers of today and view our world through their eyes. I look at what's popular and what they see when they look at the future.

It's really not a big suprise they act the way they do when you see things from their perspective. The world they're living in and inheriting is the one we've created and left for them.

If they're screwed up, we're the ones to blame.

And that's the rub, isn't it? That's the part that KILLS US. We can't accept that fact...we can't/won't accept the reality that the world these youth are growing up in was our own product. We created this world the way it exists, we're responsible for creating the internet and smartphones, social media and all the tools kids today are using to become the monsters we love to bitch about.

Yep, I think Blink 182 captured it perfectly with "Anthem Part 2"

EDIT: Way, way back I used that song as an intro to a homemade skateboarding video. Worked good.

edit on 9-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
EmmanuelGoldstein

I look forward to it. This is just garbage. At least threads like that would contain an iota of original thought. Unlike the asinine tripe that's been flooding the boards lately. Honestly I'd rather read a flat earth thread any day.

🚩Watch for falling FNORDS.🚩

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: InTheLight

um, I don't know. Oh how about this-
Having a gun on your avatar scares trolls away from the thread, or something

Bingo - scares.

I don't know any of the people involved in this conversation, but I would assume the avatar in question was chosen for the same reason all avatar pics are chosen -- the person liked the picture, or thought it was cool.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Im 50 and could be generation snowflake because Im whiter than the queen ---wont be working outside for the rulers anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

Snowflake...
i don't think that means what you think it means

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: zazzafrazz

We should call the boomers generation "sell out" just to make things fair..

As a member of the Boomer Generation, I don't think we sold out as much as we "gave up".

I can only truly speak for myself, but from where I stand, I see a bunch of rapidly aging folk that gave too much, reached too high, dreamed too big, then became fed up, used up, and burned out.

I admit I don't have much fight left in me, and I often feel like I too, just want to throw in the towel, and give up. Being an old lioness is starting to look very appealing. I am ready to become an observer, and no longer a participant.

Then I stumble upon that rare diamond, sometimes in the rough, that young person that is truly special, and restores my hope for their future.

So I still have hope.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: InTheLight

a reply to: InTheLight

um, I don't know. Oh how about this-
Having a gun on your avatar scares trolls away from the thread, or something

Bingo - scares.

I don't know any of the people involved in this conversation, but I would assume the avatar in question was chosen for the same reason all avatar pics are chosen -- the person liked the picture, or thought it was cool.

Well, due to the fact that he was asked to remove it, shows it was bad form at the very least.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I know---I was being cheeky in a friendly manner

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I can only truly speak for myself, but from where I stand, I see a bunch of rapidly aging folk that gave too much, reached too high, dreamed too big, then became fed up, used up, and burned out.

The Yuppies won.

Now, we have to figure out why.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Hey! I like the Jazz Hands. A lot

It was a little weird at first.

That's because it is weird, really weird.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: Annee

Hey! I like the Jazz Hands. A lot

It was a little weird at first.

That's because it is weird, really weird.

Its not that weird. Its just different.

I think its a great idea in situations where there are speakers. I want to hear the speakers.

edit on 9-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The point I was really making is that it's equally as ridiculous to label Millennials as snow flakes, especially considering the fact that I am a Millennial.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"Generation snowflake!" I don't know, maybe it will never pick up.
The article says "relished the chance to argue back," would you say that your cousin "relished the chance to argue back" to you? I know 18 year olds, they think they are still 16, and some like to fight and its usually abusive.
I have a four year old son and I realized a long time ago that I will have to actually teach him everything, but in this case, I would rather teach him to accept everyone in this world as they are. Their opinions teaches us what we value about ourselves and how we want to be. There is no need to be competitive but rather do what you love and be the best you can be given what resources you have.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I agree, I think that not allowing dissenting opinions because one thinks they will physically harm them or something will eventually lead to totalitarianism.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

]This hyper-sensitivity has prompted the University of East Anglia to outlaw sombreros in a Mexican restaurant and caused the National Union of Student to ban clapping as “as it might trigger trauma”, asking youngsters to use “jazz hands” instead.

These children deserve a standing ovation for their "bravery." I mean it, folks. Let's give it up for 'em. Thunderous applause all around!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

headspace to what?

I was just being stupid lol Disturbing safe spaces sounds like it could be highly entertaining.

Never thought about this before, though. I just wanted to say something silly because I didn't know how else to respond.

I have no idea what this whole snowflake thing is all about. But I don't curb what I say to help maintain peoples' false notions of reality. I have a tendency to be loud and rather aggressive with my words, kinda like a dude xD

I don't know anyone who has a safe space, though. If I did, I would probably try to stop knowing them

I have a low tolerance for irritation

Maybe I've been disturbing safe spaces all this time and had no clue. Would certainly explain why people see me as being annoying. I just see it as having discernment

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Could be a way to divide and rule the young in the long term if this goes on.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UnManifested

Bah, it's nothing new. Same could be said about the hippies way back then. Same thing. People are stupid and would rather be a part of the crowd. That's why they abandon integrity. It all comes down to having integrity or not having it. Those who don't lie to themselves. Thus we get these idiots who get offended by everything when they don't even have real opinions on anything because ignorance is their 'thing'.

It's not just youth. It's everybody.

It would be a mistake to blame it on young people.

People suck in general. Mainly because people love their delusions of reality.

That's a problem across the board. It isn't segregated to age groups.

You know, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and stuff. Integrity v. Despair etc. etc.
edit on 9-6-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The point I was really making is that it's equally as ridiculous to label Millennials as snow flakes, especially considering the fact that I am a Millennial.

I don't think you should take offense.

I posted a thread a while back questioning the legacy we where leaving our future generations, I am not very good when it comes to posting threads, so it didn't generate much interest,

The children of today, are products of the generations that came before them. If anyone should be embarrassed, or upset, with the the way our young children have turned out, it has to be the parents that planted, nurtured, or failed to nurture their seeds.

As someone has already stated, too many parents stopped parenting and and took on the roles of being bffs to their children instead. They followed the instructions presented them by the media and the State. Children left without direction, guidance, discipline, support, and love, have a better chance at success being thrown to the care of wolves.

If your generation is seen as a failure, the blames is not yours, it is ours.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join