It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRIGGER WARNING Meet ‘Generation Snowflake’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That's it, right there.

Generation snowflake has a disproportionate and unwarranted belief in the importance of their own individual experience.

"My feelings."

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Snowflake fear mongering.

I look around, go about my daily life and I don't encounter any of these situations, people or "snowflakes" .... just like I don't run into any jihadists hiding behind trees.

The same fear tactics being used about "terrorism" are being used about these "snowflakes". Isolated incidents are not indicative of some massive, sweeping phenomenon that poses ANY DANGER TO YOU OR YOUR WAY OF LIFE.

And to add to that, by getting worked up and tweaked around by all of this?

You're becoming a snowflake yourself.
edit on 9-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Reminds me of the speshul snowflakes that got traumatized when they saw "Trump 2016" written in sidewalk chalk... These are kids who are being raised by parents that just want to be their best friend instead of their parent and give them whatever they want. When they don't get what they want, you see what happens. They either protest, even if it's a court decision that's made after 3 different investigations, or a name THEY don't like and are offended by. Who else could be dumb enough to protest someone for "being a bigot?"

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
I went back to school a few years ago, and attend a Denver University, downtown, in my junior / senior year.

Fortunately, the department wherein I do my "work" has zero tolerance for this kind of nonsense. To be honest, most of them do. The snowflakes are a tiny minority on campus, and are mostly ignored, for obvious reasons.

As long as the media makes it a top story, their voice is louder than 10 million.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

And the more we talk about it and watch that media, the more they'll continue to shove it down our throats. Our reactions and viewership is what prompts the media to push certain stories.

The more up in arms we get, the more of these stories the media will push.

I don't have time to deal with "snowflakes", and neither should anyone else. If the media decides its a DOA story, they'll drop it in favor of something else that will cause mass hysteria.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

You really think all (or even most) under 30's think the same?
Personally I often see as much or more work ethic in younger people, who generally still want to get somewhere, than in a lot of workers my age or older who have settled into a position and don't feel the need to push themselves.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Older generations grumpy about newer generations. Its the same story, just repackaged and named "snowflakes" this time. The "millennial entitlement generation" is nothing new, every generation is chided, belittled, and looked down upon by the older generation.

In the late 60's the hippies and others were looked down upon.

Generation X was looked down upon.

It's no different. Times change and so do labels. This is nothing new. We're just seeing a reinvention of the old, "Well back in my day I had to walk 15 miles uphill in a snowstorm to school!" mentality.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
Snowflake- A lefty PC who will swoon if you say penis to them.

Or drool...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

as I have said I have lived in both, large cities and rural farmland, both have there good points and bad. What I have noticed is the closer you get to cities the more "snowflakes" you will have per capita. Rural kids just seem to be more thick skinned (and rougher around the edges) than their city counterparts, why this is I have no idea there are too many variables. I'm not saying rural life is better than city life, he'll I hated it growing up, there was practically nothing to do out there, unless you liked the outdoors stuff. What I Am saying is that (let's say for agreements sake Not real numbers) that in the city you will find 10 out of every 100 will adopt this snowflake mentality whereas in a rural setting you might find 1 or 2 out of 100

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Exactly... It's not even journalism. Pathetic click bait.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

ats is no better.

i had an avatar removed because it was a picture of actor from a movie pointing a gun outwards.

it was a "offensive" and "threatening" to some on ats.

but hey the mods got to cater to the special snowflakes on ats right?

That is gun handling etiquette, everyone learns that at the gun club - never point a gun at anyone. What was your intent with that pic?

Calm down cupcake, it is just a digital representation of a gun pointed at your face.
It's not like its some form of gang stalking or anyth- oh wait

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

ats is no better.

i had an avatar removed because it was a picture of actor from a movie pointing a gun outwards.

it was a "offensive" and "threatening" to some on ats.

but hey the mods got to cater to the special snowflakes on ats right?

That is gun handling etiquette, everyone learns that at the gun club - never point a gun at anyone. What was your intent with that pic?

Calm down cupcake, it is just a digital representation of a gun pointed at your face.
It's not like its some form of gang stalking or anyth- oh wait

I am always calm, I was asking a question as to intent. Any ideas?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

um, I don't know. Oh how about this-
Having a gun on your avatar scares trolls away from the thread, or something

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: InTheLight

um, I don't know. Oh how about this-
Having a gun on your avatar scares trolls away from the thread, or something

Bingo - scares.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Another thread with "snowflake" in the title. Impressive. Can we get back to regularly scheduled programming yet. I'm getting tired of this insufferable nonsense.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I exist to melt these little snowflakes. Things like this make me glad that I'm young. If I ever run into this crap, I'll make sure to offend the heck out of them just because they need it.

Don't worry. There are plenty of normal people who are young who are sick of this b.s. too.

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

lol until ATS I was sure that the term 'snowflake' meant a white person who tried to act black.
edit on 9-6-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I have a three year old daughter and I can guarantee that she will not be part of Generation Snowflake. She will grow up learning about them though and she will one day beat them.

Great thread. I agree and i think its just nuts....

but... "she will beat them"? Do you honestly believe that it will even play out that long?
imho, generation snowflake's consequences are the straw that breaks the camels back! and by 'camel' i mean the world!
just sit back and enjoy the ride, there are no winners on this one!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I exist to melt these little snowflakes. Things like this make me glad that I'm young.

Really? It amazes me how much head space you guys give all this

I can kinda sorta see how it is because you are so young :-)

Windmills need tilting at - and all that

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Only if you are a non-critical consumer of (so-called) media (of any kind).

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: ScepticScot

Older generations grumpy about newer generations. Its the same story, just repackaged and named "snowflakes" this time. The "millennial entitlement generation" is nothing new, every generation is chided, belittled, and looked down upon by the older generation.

In the late 60's the hippies and others were looked down upon.

Generation X was looked down upon.

It's no different. Times change and so do labels. This is nothing new. We're just seeing a reinvention of the old, "Well back in my day I had to walk 15 miles uphill in a snowstorm to school!" mentality.

A SCHOOL!!! LUXURY!!!!! In my day we ran 30 miles up a vertical cliff face during a hurricane to get to a hole in the ground, and if you were late the teacher cut your head off!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join