It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRIGGER WARNING Meet ‘Generation Snowflake’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: imod02
Snowflake- A lefty PC who will swoon if you say penis to them.

It's downright Victorian, ain't it?

Think about all the PC lately, what you can say or do, it's like back in the old days.

I can picture them standing around with snuff boxes and fans, wigs and stuff, all proper and prim.

"oh, we don't say that" "we don't talk of those things"

Oh dear reading what you wrote has given me the vapours. Now its all your fault I have to change my bloomers
edit on 9-6-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: onequestion

You are overreacting.

I don't think anyone is blaming the youngsters for what's happening in the world. We all know who's to blame, but at least most of us fought for our rights.

I only expressed my growing concern about what will the next generation of young people look like. What will they turn into?

I hope I'm wrong, and that they wont be all sheep...but...i guess time will tell
edit on 421k2016Thursdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

You may mock, but the Victorians did, at least, know how a gentleman ought to attire himself when at home. Smoking jacket, pipe, cravat. Classic.

Stuck up bunch of gits in other respects of course, but well dressed while about it.

link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: Annee

For generations commentators knew how to pause for appluase and it wasn't a problem.

I think it has much more to do with people being offended when others get a louder applause than them or their child. For example at a graduation or something when one kid gets a standing ovation and the next kid gets the polite clap. Personally I think this falls under the realm of "life isn't always fair" and teaching people the idea that the applause isn't what's important, but whatever accomplishment you've achieved that holds value.

I think it's weird and would be more than creepy to be in an auditorium of adults jazz handing, but to each their own.

Tell that to a bunch of screaming kids.

Just like smoking in public. At first I felt it was a violation of rights. After it was enforced, I appreciated just how offensive smoking in public is.

Change and progression is not always bad.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Hate to break it to you but the youth are responsible for the Obama presidency and the near win of Bernie Sanders.

They are already making choices and changing things.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Nikola014

Hate to break it to you but the youth are responsible for the Obama presidency and the near win of Bernie Sanders.

They are already making choices and changing things.

I think Diebold voting machines are responsible for the Obama Presidency and the anticipated win of Hillary Clinton.

Voting machines used by as many as a quarter of American voters heading to the polls in 2012 can be hacked with just $10.50 in parts and an 8th grade science education

Salon.com

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
We already established that our education is pure crap, so it's up to parents to do all the work.

It's always been up to the parents.

Not all countries provide a free public education.

Imperfect as it is. It should not be taken for granted.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
the term snowflake originated to call out a girl who believed she was to precious.
it has now morphed into two other variants:

the right use it against anyone who doesn't agree with their beliefs.

the left use it, ironically against the right, lets say a supporter of trump who, espouses banning one religion and targeting hispanics for removal, then said supporter gets beaten down, other trump fans out of loyalty defend their brethren and blame lefties, lefties then point out their being snowflakes.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: SprocketUK

True, but everything you need to know today can be found by pulling that phone out of your pocket and googling.

So all we need to be taught today is how to promote the new homogenized grey tinted life that awaits you.
No more laughing, no more crying, no more emotions.
Just lock step forward into our shiny new (not shiny) future.

I can remember when Google™ would give You more info than they took, but those days are gone. Now Google™ gets more info FROM You than they give to You.. Anyone that tells You to "Go Google™ it.." is NOT doing any favors for You..

Now what is seen on Google™ is massaged to promote an agenda..

Who did the Snopes™ on Snopes™? exactly...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

from the quote

universities and student unions are declared “safe spaces” where young people should not have to encounter anything they disagree with.

to ban clapping as “as it might trigger trauma”,

So unions have become just another hand holding cocoon - wow how far things have turned. Do they even know what the history and reasons of the union movement was about?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It's a shame everyone isn't a middle age conservative with right wing Christian values, to think young people would want a voice in society is absurd. Their music is too loud too and their clothes. Don't get me started on the clothes. Why can't they just be like their parents generation,

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Hell, I doubt you could play with a Frisbee in their general vicinity.

You would need a signed disclaimer/consent before step 1. Step 2 you would need permission from an ir traffic controller before launch of the Frisbee

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It seems to me that the older generations have become victims of their own propaganda and cannot fathom a world in which others may disagree with them.

"Trigger warning"

"Snowflakes"

Ya, propaganda buzzwords.

People need to step-out of the echo chamber and get some different perspectives.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

It's a shame everyone isn't a middle age conservative with right wing Christian values, to think young people would want a voice in society is absurd. Their music is too loud too and their clothes. Don't get me started on the clothes. Why can't they just be like their parents generation,

Values are one thing.

It's their stupidity that concerns me more than anything.

And total lack of life coping skills.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The correlation between smoking (something that causes noted physical harm) and clapping (something that may cause emotional harm?) seems pretty shallow to me - I don't think it's a fair comparison at all.

It's not a violation of right's to clap or not clap, there doesn't need to be a law.

Change and progression is not always bad, but it's not always good or necessary either.

In the case of clapping offending people I think it falls under the "Who cares/Get Over It" category - and thats on both sides of the debate. If your school has decided to Jazz hands than jazz it up, or don't, what are they really going to do?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz Oh they exist, its usually found in overweight white girls who march with BLM.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

F that, I'd rather start my own 1-2 person company and not worry about having to hire one of these delicate little twits. BOO! Why can't they be like lemmings where we just "guide" the first one off a cliff and the rest will blindly follow? *sigh

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
every generation thinks the one coming after them is lazy, has lousy taste in music and wears their pants the wrong way

generalizing a generation is really just lazy thinking and, well, stupid

my daughters NJROTC battalion is living proof. I bet most of the whiners in this thread couldn't do the mini-boot camp they do at west point

keyboard snowflakes !!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

The correlation between smoking (something that causes noted physical harm) and clapping (something that may cause emotional harm?) seems pretty shallow to me - I don't think it's a fair comparison at all.

You're just going to Nit-Pik this, right?

Both, are progressive changes in a culture. Culture is the hardest thing to change.

IMO, both (while having to get used to) are positive.

I'm not talking about yelling and screaming at outdoor sports events - - - but, events where people speak. I don't care about your precious little one getting more applause then someone else. I want to here what people say. Speakers are speaking. Sometimes that person has spent many hours perfecting their talk/speech.

Old Culture is not always right.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Welcome to the generation of not keeping score, everyone is a winner. In my view this is where it starts, this gereration wants everything handed to them and their way, no more working for nothing just give it to me and lets start me at the top.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join