It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRIGGER WARNING Meet ‘Generation Snowflake’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

When i was growing up, we had a small group and would take turns tormenting each other. My graduating class was 50 people, give or take a handful.

Bullying didn't really happen much in my school. What little bullying did happen we stopped pretty quickly.

but yes, this "snowflake" thing is taking on the same tone as bullying. That said, society is cruel and always has been. i'd just prefer that ATS and its members live above this type of nonsense.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: spiritualzombie

When i was growing up, we had a small group and would take turns tormenting each other. My graduating class was 50 people, give or take a handful.

Bullying didn't really happen much in my school. What little bullying did happen we stopped pretty quickly.

but yes, this "snowflake" thing is taking on the same tone as bullying. That said, society is cruel and always has been. i'd just prefer that ATS and its members live above this type of nonsense.[/quote

I am starting to like ATS again (: the sad thing is once respect is lost it becomes a pissing match, once that starts it becomes about me me me and the point of the posting is lost
edit on 10-6-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
"Snowflake?"

Manufactured label bull# from people who just want to complain about someone else. There are more important things in the world that need sorting out.

(post by CharlestonChew removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
nm
edit on 6/10/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

(post by spiritualzombie removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I prefer to call them "generation Eloi"

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck

its true

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

r u being serious?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Wanna know the difference between extremist and millitant? Weapons cache.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I'm pretty sure the term "special snowflake" was coined by progressives to describe themselves. And I agree, identity politics has gotten way too much press.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I can't believe that most people haven't watched "brave new world".

The future is....the weakest generation ever

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Strange thing is an element is said to be the purist form but in woo an elemental is the worst entity one could encounter like troll spirits devourving their own children or inbreeding and enemys hearts for power to remain pure... so back to science entropy is actually creative forces itself that allows for progress and change. Ideologies that do not allow for such grow typically open their maws and devour everything and burden the shoulders of each proceeding generation...

Thats why the old man doesnt always come down off the mountain... as when this sort of crap gets deep enough it rises to him. He says well sweetheart look what our children we hope would be adults have done this time... and her tears flood it all away.

The key is, everyone wanting to control typically do not have any over themselves... so what makes them think they are worthy of having any?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: neformore

I'm pretty sure the term "special snowflake" was coined by progressives to describe themselves. And I agree, identity politics has gotten way too much press.

The internet would disagree.

The earliest references date back to the movie "Fight Club" and it started making rounds on LiveJournal as a way to insult people who had self-entitled attitudes.

On August 15th, 2006, LiveJournal user invisibob used the term in a post titled “Worlds Apart (Percy Weasley)” in which he explains:

“Beginning with the knowledge that each of us is a unique and special snowflake, the “leap of faith” made by Percy Weasley in choosing to believe Fudge’s word over familial suspicions failed majorly because of the nature of his family.

On February 20th, 2008, Urban Dictionary[2] user Bathsheba added an entry for Special Snowflake defining it as:

“A member of that newly-adult, me’er-than-me generation which expects attention and praise just for being themselves -- doing anything to deserve it is completely optional.

The history can be found HERE

edit on 11-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I remember being taught about "special snowflakes" on television back in the 90's and on my college campus in the 2000's, and they were dead serious about it.

So where do you think they got the idea from? It didn't come out of thin air like Tyler Durden, that's for sure.

edit on 11-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

You are Not Special, You are Not a Beautiful or Unique Snowflake. You are the same decaying Organic Matter as Everything Else. - Fight Club.
edit on 6/11/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
To be honest, I don't know where these "special snowflakes" are. Sure, my generation (90s) and 2000+ are probably a bit more lazy and technologically dependent. I'm just not seeing hoardes of these "snowflakes".

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
All of this talk of snowflakes makes me think of an interesting movie I watched on Netflix a while back, called Pontypool. It's a horror flick, but it's smart.

It's about the idea of language as a virus. In the movie, language becomes a LITERAL virus, but the metaphorical point of it all is that language has a power to transmit itself from one person to another, carrying a payload of oft-erroneous ideas and assumptions, breeding hate and ignorance and violence.

Another example of "language as virus" has recently permeated my workplace. For reasons unknown, everyone has started using 'ask' as a noun. It's harmless, but clearly illustrates the communicability of nonsense.

Stop the infection. Just because the guy next to you used the term doesn't mean it's smart.
edit on 11-6-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If you guys to can't stand the SJW bull#. You should check out Chris Ray gun on YouTube. He has plenty of videos parody this.

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join