It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRIGGER WARNING Meet ‘Generation Snowflake’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
My answer to this thread, is running into my safe space!

As long as you dont come into my safe place i dont care

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

You got me triggered now, very offensive.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This all sounds like overblown B.S. fluffed up by the anti-PC crowd. It has that bitchy whiny intolerant aura to it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Where are these people? The only place I hear about them is on ATS.

Maybe you should visit more places than just ATS, because sjw's are being talked about everywhere. They've spilled-over form Tumblr and have slowly been taking over the internet.

If you want to meet one in person, just visit a University:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: imod02

You got me triggered now, very offensive.

you used my word you used my word, safe place safe words, swoon

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

(post by CharlestonChew removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

You are a contradiction, zombies have no spirit. Unless you are related to Baron Samedi. Fluffy.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

I'm a spiritual zombie... so yes, I do have a spirit, and so yes, I am a contradiction.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

and that makes you a snowflake, because snowflakes are proud walking contradictions, got it!

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlestonChew
a reply to: Atsbhct

Where are these people? The only place I hear about them is on ATS.

Maybe you should visit more places than just ATS, because sjw's are being talked about everywhere. They've spilled-over form Tumblr and have slowly been taking over the internet.

If you want to meet one in person, just visit a University:

I must now identify as a sick old lady, because I think that video is hilarious.

I am super sick,maybe terminal, because their faces made it even funnier.

Supreme Being of a higher authority, whether you exist or not, please help us.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
I think you guys just glorify being an asshole. And I don't mean that in an insulting way. I just suspect your heroes and the people you admire are probably asshole types.

We glorify free speech, all speech. We don't want to shut people down simply for having opinions we don't like--which is the driving force behind sjw's, an authoritarian government policy based upon feelings.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: CharlestonChew

Yeah with kind of an asshole-y angle to it. I mean just the term snowflake is condescending asshole term. And the joy in saying snowflake-- it's just very asshole-y. Free speech, yada yada, sure, I get it. But free speech in this case is mostly free speech to be an asshole about these kids. Right?

We'll be sure to make I nice, safe space for you. You won't have to hear or read any opinions or ideas you don't like

(post by spiritualzombie removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlestonChew

I don't want to shut people down for having opinions I don't like. In fact, i encourage it. I'd prefer people act natural so its more easy to spot the jerks.

The whole "snowflake" thing was funny for a moment. But what its become is a trivialization of a real issue: the honorable mention culture.

The further into hyperbole one goes, the further from reality he'll stand.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What 'snowflake' seems to be is a new insult word by intolerant cynical people who are sick of a tolerant nation becoming more tolerant with each new generation. So as each generation progresses, the intolerant leftovers need a condescending word to rally around to make themselves feel superior.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I think there is a real issue with younger people tending to want the world to bend to their whims. Its always been that way for as far back as i can recall, though. And what had always happened was the world forced a realignment of those expectations.

Which can create some dissonance for someone who is accustomed to the entire field receiving a participants ribbon, and no one being the winner. Unfortunately, the world isn't like that. The world is winners and losers. And so long as we have an economy based on rarity, there will always be winners and losers. Its just the rules of the game (although the game has outlived its usefulness and needs to be replaced with whatever comes next).

"Snowflakes" are regular teens and early twentysomethings that get plucked out of their social media crowd and given some kind of audience. They have been validated by other people who have similar views that run contrary to common culture. Used to be they'd have been given a wedgie and sent back out into society to try again. Now, they are validated and have a microphone shoved in their face. Not so much because what they say is interesting, but because what they say will piss off enough people to get views and ratings for media.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
"Snowflakes" are regular teens and early twentysomethings that get plucked out of their social media crowd and given some kind of audience. Used to be they'd have been given a wedgie and sent back out into society to try again. Now, they are validated and have a microphone shoved in their face.

When I grew up, the people who gave wedgies were called bullies. This actually makes sense, because the whole 'snowflake' term sounds like the kind of thing a bully would say to belittle someone and make themselves feel superior.
edit on 10-6-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join