It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Free Press editor writes column calling for Republican legislators to be murdered

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic Torture does work, and is not illegal, sorry if that hurts your pathetic feelings. It is because of passive sjws like you why this war is dragging out. Of course my posts get removed but those cheering for the deaths of republican legislators go unnoticed. I guess the first amendment is subjective here.

edit on 9-6-2016 by AVtech34 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

Wrong. Torture is illegal. Accept that basic fact.

This is the whole basis for why the Bush Admin redefined torture to classify waterboarding as "Enhanced Interrogation".

Torture works great for collecting false intel. Which is especially useful when you're waging a false war, and need a stack of false evidence.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: stosh64

It seems pretty clear to me that the guy doesn't actually mean it. Obviously it's a sardonic remark.

And those bull's-eyes on Palin's web page round about the time of the Gifford's shooting were in no way intended to incite actual violence either, but that didn't stop people from blaming her.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: TrueBrit

The real issue here is this: ALL your pundits, talking heads, all the right and left biased media goons, all the politicians you can shake a stick at, bar one, have sacrificed their morals for their pocket book, and have been caught doing it. You cannot trust a bloody word any single one of them has ever said. Clinton, Trump, the Huffington Post or the rag you refer to above, the nonsense of CNN, the twaddle of Fox News. It's all bullsnip, and it's bad for you, to paraphrase the great George Carlin.

That does pretty much sums up our current state of affairs.
You're right about the only candidate who isn't a liar was Bernie. Unfortunately good people seem to always finish last.

A good person with bad policy still has bad policy.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie Wrong waterboarding is legal, now go find a safe space and cry about it. You are making assumptions based on absolutely false data. Have you ever been present in an intense interrogation? Been through SERE? since you're a liberal ill assume the latter is a big no. Torture does work and has produced results.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Wrong again. Waterboarding was redefined as "enhanced interrogation" by Bush to make it legal. However Obama signed an executive order to ban the use of waterboarding--- Which is why you're hearing Trump wants to bring it back. If it were legal, nobody would need to bring it back.

By the way, it's a little exhausting educating you people on the positions of the candidate you support. If you support Trump, I shouldn't have to provide endless links to quotes. You should be able to draw it from memory, as I have, and say -- oh yeah, I remember that too. If you support the guy-- own his positions. Just F-ing own it. Stop trying to deny or re-write history. F-ing own it. And be prepared for honest informed discussion.
edit on 9-6-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie You're not very bright, are you? Its not banned, trust me. And it does work.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

If you are 'progressive' it is ok in the media to call people retarded or talk about killing opponents, but dare mention a wall and you are a hated racial bigot worthy of abuse and riots.

Well, it's all just so confusing...

Are we doing PC now - or not?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

PLease find me a political candidate who does not day this about some issue or other. And in order to change the laws, you have to have the cooperation of Congress. As Obama found out, this is easier said than done.

If Trump moves too far, then the people will reward him with a Democrat Congress. This is what happened to Obama who lost his Congressional majority to Republican control of first the House and then the Senate.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Torture does work, and is not illegal, sorry if that hurts your pathetic feelings. It is because of passive sjws like you why this war is dragging out. Of course my posts get removed but those cheering for the deaths of republican legislators go unnoticed. I guess the first amendment is subjective here.

In your twisted dreams it might - but, in reality - it's been determined that it doesn't

But never mind that - even if it does work - so? It's reprehensible

Trump supporter?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

When they admit to this, not only does that mean a lot of people will agree, but that they know some in authority will support them in their hate.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: spiritualzombie

PLease find me a political candidate who does not day this about some issue or other. And in order to change the laws, you have to have the cooperation of Congress. As Obama found out, this is easier said than done.

If Trump moves too far, then the people will reward him with a Democrat Congress. This is what happened to Obama who lost his Congressional majority to Republican control of first the House and then the Senate.

Trump is getting a Democrat Senate no matter what he says. It would take a massive screw up by the Democrats to not win the Senate this election, it's as close to a sure thing as life can get, winning a mere 35% of seats that are up for election will give them a majority. The House is another matter, but the Republicans very well could lose it. For the last 3 decades that was the base of their power but lately it seems to be waning as the very base that voted them in is getting sick of them not actually doing what they campaigned on.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I don't think he wants to open up those laws because he wants to torture and murder, but because he wants a more level playing field with ISIS, who do not abide by any rules or conventions whatsoever. Any educated person can see that, mainly because that's what he said. I'm not sure he mentioned anything about wanting to torture and murder.

It's still bad logic. The harsher your treat prisoners, the more devoted they become to not being taken prisoner. Lets take a real example with America in WW2. If you were in the Pacific, the very last thing you wanted to do was be taken prisoner. There are many stories of soldiers who killed themselves instead, and many other stories of soldiers who gave their lives to ensure their comrades wouldn't be taken prisoner. The Japanese did not screw around.

On the other hand, because of our more humane policies many Germans actually did surrender.

But yes, Trump said he wanted to target the families of ISIS members. He also said that torture works. Torture does not work. It provides emotional satisfaction which is good for morale but for intelligence purposes it holds little value. Lets take the popular example which is what ultimately lead to torture's acceptance in the first place: The 24 scenario (sidenote: Scalia thought Jack Bauer and his exploits were a true story). We have a prisoner, and they have time sensitive information on a terrorist attack that will take place soon on American soil. We have a special provision to authorize torture in this situation. The problem is, all the person has to do is hold out for a matter of hours or days and they win. At that point there's nothing left to torture them for, and the worst case scenario is they lie to you... not to stop the torture but to waste your resources so you can't actually stop their plan.

Torture just doesn't work, for the same reason that draconian punishments don't stop crime. A soft touch has proven most effective, such as you can see in Scandanavia with their low crime rates. The best way to stop terrorists is to pay them off, ironically what works best is targeting the terrorists family, moving them to a safer country and giving them a stipend to live on.

If you still aren't convinced, let me ask you something. Lets say that tomorrow China invades the US, overthrows our government, installs their own puppet regime, starts exporting our resources, and starts having military patrols in our streets. Would you fight? If the Chinese then instituted a new policy that in order to cut down on the fighting they're going to execute the families of rebels. Would you lay down your arms, or would you fight even harder to repel the invaders? That's what's happening in the Middle East right now with the US. Targeting their families isn't going to end the violence.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis Clinton supporter? I can tell by what can only be described as the text version of a slack jaw glassy look of your idiotic responses.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic Torture does work, and is not illegal

I didn't say anything about the legality or effectiveness of torture. You asked for sources showing Trump and his followers supporting torture and I showed them to you. And now, you're just moving the goalposts to continue the argument. I don't suppose you have any source proving your claims... Yeah, I didn't think so.

Of course my posts get removed

If you break the T&Cs here, your posts may be removed.

I guess the first amendment is subjective here.

If you actually understood the first amendment, then you'd understand how ignorant that statement is.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Torture troll - so needy

If you were capable of anything better - you would have posted it by now

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join