It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Free Press editor writes column calling for Republican legislators to be murdered

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Double-standards is when we apply different standards to different situations and people. It's hyperbole when someone of our ilk says it, but when our mortal enemies say it, it's calling for torture, bigotry and murder.

(post by AVtech34 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Nobody actually believes in murdering Republican legislators. It's not an actual political stance that's been doubled-down and supported.

So can't really compare this to the ACTUAL support for murder, torture, violence and war crimes that are consistently campaigned for by Trump and defended by his supporters.

edit on 9-6-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

(post by AVtech34 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
snip

Huh? Which part requires documentation? That nobody is actually campaigning for the murder of legislators? Or that Trump has campaigned for torture, murder, violence? Sorry, I expect to engage in an informed discussion. If you don't know what I'm referring to- get informed and come back.

edit on 9/6/16 by masqua because: removed uncivil comment from quote

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

So here's Trump supporting torture:

Donald Trump on Waterboarding: "Torture Works"!

"Don't tell me it doesn't work -- torture works," Trump said. "Okay, folks? Torture -- you know, half these guys [say]: 'Torture doesn't work.' Believe me, it works. Okay?"

And here are some of his supporters on ATS supporting it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's Donald supporting violence:
www.nytimes.com...

"Donald Trump: "Knock the crap out of him!"

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Here's what Trump said regarding torture.

“I will not order a military officer to disobey the law. It is clear that as president I will be bound by laws just like all Americans and I will meet those responsibilities.”

Trump reverses stance on Torture

Here's Trump speaking in regards to hurting protestors, which one can see for herself by watching nearly any of his speeches:

"You know what I say when we have a protestor, which isn't very often, I say, 'Be very gentle, please don't hurt him ... If he punches you in the face, smile,'" Trump said.

Trump campaigns in California, denounces protesters at rally as 'thugs'

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

To reverse a stance, there has to be a stance to begin with. BOTH of those revision came AFTER the ones I posted. He says how he really feels, gets in trouble by the GOP, and then revises his positions to be more politically correct. Someone asked for sources for a claim and I posted them.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

To reverse a stance, there has to be a stance to begin with. BOTH of those revision came AFTER the ones I posted. He says how he really feels, gets in trouble by the GOP, and then revises his positions to be more politically correct. Someone asked for sources for a claim and I posted them.

You were right to post them. My only point was that half the story is being left out, and consequently, only half the story is being parroted. I'm not saying you are guilty of this, but the claims by others that Trump is consistently calling for torture and violence is wrong..

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64In his own words where does he say murder legislators? Tie them up in a sack with rabid animals and throw them into water is not murdering them. They could quite easilly escape the rabid animals and swim to shore so death is not a cetainty. Question. Would one of the rabid animals be female and called Clin***.
OOOOH, I didn't mean to say that.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Here's what Trump said regarding torture.

“I will not order a military officer to disobey the law. It is clear that as president I will be bound by laws just like all Americans and I will meet those responsibilities.”

And then he followed up by saying we need to look at the laws and change them.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm torn between calling republicans, "snowflakes' and calling democrats, "hypocrites".

Maybe those can be the new parties once we do away with the Democrats and Republicans?

The snowflakes can push for racial equality by expanding safe spaces to the size of cities, and then "encouraging" all the minorities to move there.

The hypocrites can solve unemployment by creating a new cabinet level division of government crotch patters at all bathrooms with all the efficiency of TSA... while calling for small government.
edit on 9-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Do you have a quote?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Here he is talking about changing the laws for torture (sorry, having trouble with the links on this computer):

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Any educated person knows his stance on torture and murder. It's basically this--- He wants to torture and murder-- if he's given pushback, he will push harder forward-- if it's illegal, he wants to make it legal.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I cannot watch the videos at the moment, but here's the statements I think you're referring to:

"It's ridiculous when we have laws and ISIS doesn't. ISIS has no laws. We have rules, regulations, and laws, and I abide by it, but I'm not thrilled about it," he said.

"I would want to open up on those laws, we're not playing on the same field. I didn't flip-flop at all. I abide by the laws, but I would also say that I would want to have those laws expanded."

I don't think he wants to open up those laws because he wants to torture and murder, but because he wants a more level playing field with ISIS, who do not abide by any rules or conventions whatsoever. Any educated person can see that, mainly because that's what he said. I'm not sure he mentioned anything about wanting to torture and murder.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So we agree he's in favor of torture and the murder of innocent families of terrorists. You don't need me to tell you, those things are considered war crimes.

And here again... Donald Trump doubling down on torture and targeting of innocent families - saying regardless of war crimes, if he tells the military to do it, they will do it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

So we agree he's in favor of torture and the murder of innocent families of terrorists. You don't need me to tell you, those things are considered war crimes.

I don't think ISIS is innocent. They are war criminals. He quite clearly put forward the argument that those who are not bound by the Geneva convention, should also not be guaranteed the rights the Geneva convention offers. Whether the argument has merit or not is what we should be discussing.

As for killing the families of terrorists, that sounds like hyperbole to me. Besides, the Obama administration has been doing that already with little to no condemnation from the media and its denizens, so it might be better to start where people are actually killing innocent families, instead of those who are merely making the threat.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

He is in favor of murdering the innocent family members of terrorists.
He is in favor of torture.
He is in favor of legalizing both of these things.
These are currently consider war crimes.

This is not hyperbole. These are his positions.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

He is in favor of murdering the innocent family members of terrorists.
He is in favor of torture.
He is in favor of legalizing both of these things.
These are currently consider war crimes.

This is not hyperbole. These are his positions.

Parroting media headlines doesn't make it true. Trump said he'd "take out" their family members, sure. He also said he'd be "very firm with them", sure. Does that mean he wants to murder innocent family members?

"I would be very, very firm with families. Frankly, that will make people think because they may not care much about their lives but they do care, believe it or not, about their families lives.”

It's hyperbole, not a position. I'm not sure how you can get "murdering innocent family members of terrorists" out of what he said, but bending reality for political reasons seems to be the going rate these days.

He's not in favor of torture in general. He's in favor of torture against war criminals and terrorists. Sure, it's a controversial subject, but we should at least be honest about it for the sake of discussion.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Parroting media headlines doesn't make it true. Trump said he'd "take out" their family members, sure. He also said he'd be "very firm with them", sure. Does that mean he wants to murder innocent family members?

He doesn't deny that he means killing. Killing is EXACTLY what's implied by 'taking out the families' or 'wiping them all out'. What do you think that means? You think a guy who says punch a protestor, or let's do a lot worse than waterboarding, is talking about dinner when he says we have to take out their families? Come on. That's not hyperbole- it's his position.

He's not in favor of torture in general. He's in favor of torture against war criminals and terrorists.

What do you mean he's not in favor of torture in general? We have to get tough. We need to open up the laws. They're cutting off heads and we need to do a helluva lot worse than waterboarding. To fight savages, become savages.

Just be honest about his position if you're going to support them. He's being as honest as he can while tip-toeing around the legalities of the issue. It's clear he's in favor of torture. If he had a specific stance on it he would have been more specific. He wants torture and worse back on the table. That's it.

He's said so in many many ways.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join