It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Bush Unfazed by Criticism of Iraq WMD Hunt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
President Bush says that he believed that Saddam Hussein was hiding weapons of mass destruction in the days leading up to the invasion of Iraq. He was not alone, but he and Tony Blair have taken the heat for what has been called a grave intelligence failure. In no small measure, the impression that Saddam was hiding WMDs was enhanced by the fact that the inspection team was forced to leave Iraq because of fears of attacks. Reports show that nearly a dozen inspectors and their associates died as a result of terrorist and insurgent attacks. In a speech leading up to the invasion, the President promised that the world would not be blackmailed or terrorized by Saddam Hussein.

www.foxnews.com
Leading up to the war in Iraq and in the months after Saddam Hussein fell from power, President Bush remained convinced that the former dictator was hiding something.

The president was sure Saddam had weapons of mass destruction somewhere. And despite the fact none were found after U.S. troops and investigators spread out throughout Iraq, Bush refused to admit that he had made a mistake.

Asked by FOX News in September 2003 what his theory was on where the weapons may have gone, Bush said he thought Saddam hid them.

"I think he dispersed them. I think he is so adapted at deceiving the civilized world for a long period of time that it's going to take a while for the troops to unravel. But I firmly believe he had weapons of mass destruction. I know he used them at one time."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is my belief that Saddam was a brutal dictator who because of his own grandiosity imperiled his people, his nation, his neighbors, and the world. In the months following 9/11, he could have easily opened up Iraq to unfettered inspections, but he did not. I, for one, am pleased that we have a President who would not be trifled with when al Qaeda upped the stakes by attacking the civilian and military power centers of our nation. Only Saddam is responsible for the current fate of Iraq.

Related News Links:
www.heraldsun.news.com.au
economictimes.indiatimes.com
www.editorandpublisher.com
www.newsmax.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Powell casts doubt on Iraq WMDs
The WMD Cult
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 05/1/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Bush and Blair screwed up as did EVERYONE that went along with the invasion of Iraq. No amount of 'Saddam be a bad boy' whine now excuses what the Americans and Brits did.

Whatever the REAL reasons- WMD was not one of them. Everything else is pretextual, self-serving platitudes.

History will judge Geo. Bush and America. History deals harshly with antagonists that cause wars. My bet is that Geo.2 will not pass favorably in history.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
George W. Bush will go down in history as one of America's finest Presidents. He will be known as a man of few words, but of profound actions. As far as I am concerned, there is only one man in America today who is qualified to lead America in these times and we are fortunate enough to have him as President. How lucky can you get?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Bush and Blair screwed up as did EVERYONE that went along with the invasion of Iraq. No amount of 'Saddam be a bad boy' whine now excuses what the Americans and Brits did.

Whatever the REAL reasons- WMD was not one of them. Everything else is pretextual, self-serving platitudes.

History will judge Geo. Bush and America. History deals harshly with antagonists that cause wars. My bet is that Geo.2 will not pass favorably in history.

Of course you are sure of this 100%...perhaps you have inside knowledge of what Iraq was doing.... Hey all those democrats including Clinton were lying when they also claimed that Saddam had wmd for 8 years.....

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Bush lied. People died. Put him in prison.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
George W. Bush will go down in history as one of America's finest Presidents. He will be known as a man of few words, but of profound actions. As far as I am concerned, there is only one man in America today who is qualified to lead America in these times and we are fortunate enough to have him as President. How lucky can you get?

History is not just written by 50% of the war loving Americans like you, the majority of viewpoints and documentation from around the world on this matter will be debated and recorded by future generations that owe you or me absolutely no allegiance.

They will be the ones that write with an un-biased pen, and they shall see the shameful violations you’re country has committed against the laws we all supposedly live by.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Bottom line It was not WMDs in Iraq, and Saddam was not a threat to the world and the US.

The president in his personal agenda has destroyed that country has allowed terrorism to come across the borders and has relegated the people of Iraq as casualties.

Way to go Mr. President what a legacy for the history books to talk about for years to come.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
People act like the president cares about our troops, but when he starts a war that doesnt need to be start, and puts our soliders lives indanger, it shows he doesnt care. If he cares why dont the soldiers have the equipment they need (armor on vechiles) after twos years of being in Iraq. Yeah im not surprised Bush isn't fazed by the critisim because he has his second term......... The only thing I can say about the next four years is God helps us all.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

I have to agree with you Grady. Allow me to point out while they have not found mass stock piles of weapons; one round was found that I think could have killed several hundred if not thousands. The only problem is when the dumb insurgents used it, they did not have the brains to fire the shell out of a piece of artillary. All they did was put a detonator on it and blew it up essentially making it useless as WMD. Had they fired it out of a piece of artillary it would have spun which is casused by the rifling in side the gun the chemicals would have been mixed causing WMD deaths.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Remember those days, Bush made it seem it was very urgent for war because of WMD. But where is the urgency for Iran and North Korea?

Bush probably wanted to rush to war before it can be debated by the American people, before they wake up and see the facts.. Americans have no patience, there too busy with there jobs and such and don't have the time to see the real information that is out there.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by XPhiles]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yes Gradyphilpott, he will always be known as a man of few words, because he doesn't know many. His history will remain, A man who failed at every single job he was ever given, and that was all of them, with not a measureable success.

And you have to understand criticism to be fazed by it.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by kazi]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Bush is unfazed because he has always known it is a pretext. It worked. Mission accomplished. Why be fazed about the criticism. He has everything he wants. A war. A second term. A Congress that's heavy with members of his party. It's a dream come true.

The referenced news article is FOX NEWS tripe designed to embed the Bush position deeper into the collective unconsciousness of the American sheeple. I don't take FOX NEWS as authoritative about anything. It's a party propaganda machine and little more. When you quote FOX NEWS my 1st thought is to consider the source.

BTW, Dubya misspoke again. The proper term is "adept" as in "I think he is so adept".

Notice how Dubya connects his WMD theory to the "he was a bad guy" justification for invading Iraq. He follows the WMD theory statement by saying, "It is my belief that Saddam was a brutal dictator who because of his own grandiosity imperiled his people, his nation, his neighbors, and the world."

The statement "because of his own grandiosity imperiled his people, his nation, his neighbors, and the world" seems to apply to more than one leader. If the shoe fits, wear it!

Someone on another thread used the phrase "Weapons of Mass Deception" as a variant of "WMDs". Seems that this variant of WMDs was used liberally to invade Iraq and continues to be used to keep us there.

[edit on 1/16/2005 by dubiousone]

[edit on 1/16/2005 by dubiousone]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
Yes Gradyphilpott, he will always be known as a man of few words, because he doesn't know many. His history will remain, A man who failed at every single job he was ever given, and that was all of them, with not a measureable success.

Lol OWNED. In all seriousness I do agree with what you said Kazi (for the most part). But can someone refresh my memory of why we are arguing about this tired old topic again?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
LoL LOL LOL...the finest president is he who lied about everything since day one, the one responsible for mass casualties, the one without a single coherent thought and the master of unintelligeble Bushisms.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megalodon: But can someone refresh my memory of why we are arguing about this tired old topic again?

The reason why people keep arguing about this tired old topic is that it doesn't go away, it's persistent, there is no solution, they feel powerless to bring about any positive change, all that's available is to bring it up in conversation and on listservs and chat rooms again and again. That's the perception. It gnaws away at them. It keeps gnawing. There is no relief in sight. Unfortunately, submitting posts about it does nothing to change it except perhaps to stimulate thought in others.

What are you proposing, Megalodon, give up in despair? Shut up and talk about something else because this is a lost cause. What's your point in calling it a tired old topic? The only point I can see is that the posts use up hard disk space and bandwidth. Was that your point?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Was that your point?

Whew easy there tiger, no need to get all worked up over three words.

My point was that arguing about it doesn't really have one at all. Yes I can see how this gnaws at some and bothers them (it bothers me) and that yes there is no end in sight, but a bunch of people talking about it is not going to accomplish much of anything.

I have to admit I did not totally get your post, I am not sure if you agree with me in that arguing about a topic that has been discussed thousands of times is pointless or not. Do you think so? I cannot fully understand what you are trying to communicate. I am not trying to argue, I am really not, but I don't see how my innocent question provoked your response.

Yes we must never give up, but arguing online is not progress.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Megalodon]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Bush says that we're giving up the search for the weapons we went to war for, and what is happening to him? Nothing. The pansy democrats are asleep at the wheel again (even with Daschle out of office), and none of them are doing anything about this screw up. I think that if people keep on letting Bush's errors slide, we're going to end up in a huge mess with every single other civilized country in the war.

Just remember, God wants us to be at war in Iraq, and he told Bush that it's okay.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by JoeDoaks

Of course you are sure of this 100%...perhaps you have inside knowledge of what Iraq was doing.... Hey all those democrats including Clinton were lying when they also claimed that Saddam had wmd for 8 years.....

Bush - YOUR MAN - said it!

Sure Saddam had WMD- the US sold them to him, he had ongoing facilities to create them.
BUT this was not the reason the US invaded- now was it? If you say yes then Bush is made to be a liar- is that where you are at?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You're right, Prehistoric Shark. Arguing online is not progress. That's the rub, isn't it? Dubya gets away with mass deception time and again. How does he do that?

Are Americans so dumbed down, lazy, drugged, mesmerized by their favorite TV shows, and so dazed by the idiotic drivel emanating from right-wing radio, and so consumed by the needs of their daily lives, that they simply cannot recognize what they see and hear for what it is? Or do they simply not care? Probably all of these.

Sorry to jump on you. Thanks for keeping those razor teeth restrained.

[edit on 1/17/2005 by dubiousone]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Bush unfazed about his WMD fraud is not surprising. It is due to the fact the man, if you can call him that, is simply not smart enough to realize people are telling him he is a big fat liar. Either that, or he has about the worst lack or regard for ethics, moral behavior, and basic decency, things that normal human beings, when they violate such principles, display something called shame and remorse for committing such crimes against basic human decency.

But since this president lacks morals, decency, honor, and a conscience, little surprises me about his very non chalant shrug of the shoulders as we politely tell him he lied to the tune of over 100,000 deaths, both Iraqi and coalition, and over 100 billion dollars in tax money being dumped into a situation that looks as promising as piss powered car engines.
I really wish I could get a hold of whatever Grady and Muadib smoke so I could be under the delusion that everything is fine, instead of having to wake up every morning and look out at a country negelcted by a leader who is more concerned with being a "great crusader against evil...when oil is involved".

The idea of George Bush being remebered as a great president is even funnier. Obviously you gentlemen are having a bit of a problem in the department of percentages. Little over half the country voted for him. There is still a huge chunk that hates his simian guts. Definitely not the demographics of a president destined for greatness. If he keeps running the country like he has been, hes going to be remebered as the president who bankrupted america.....cuz Jesus told him too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join