It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of black rapists who also only got 6 months.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BLee8127
a reply to: JoshuaCox

People who cry about white people get better privilege are pathetic.

How about Kobe Bryant raping a woman and got off didn't get jack.

OJ Simpson murdered two people or had something to do with it and didn't get jack.

It doesn't matter what color you are, people only care about how much money you got. Go out and have some fun, it's a nice day and quit complaining. ONLY YOU can make your life better.

None of them were found guilty, meaning the judge had no say so in what penalty they recieved..

EVERY SINGLE one I posted was of some one convicted, then the judges decided to give out a BS sentence.

So if it is BS please post a case that shows it...

The only requirements are

Black person Convicted of rape, then they got roughly 6 months.

People found innocent or the grand jury refusing to prosecute are TOTALLY Different from having a rapist dead to rights then deciding to let them slide..

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

6 news articles by easily manipulated news companies shapes your opinion on this?

I'm not saying our justice system isn't flawed. In fact, there are a number of things I would like to see addressed in a reform of our criminal justice system..

However I think maybe you should find the data and form an opinion around that rather than a handful of news articles.

Fair enough, find a case that refutes it..,

I couldnt...

Hell, I bet it has never ever happened in American history....

Yet in 15 min of Google I found dozens of cases with white rapists that go off with nothing...

Refutes what?

That rapists don't always get long sentences? Sorry, but I don't look at skin color when it comes to a violent crime such as this. You're just a rapist, no matter your hue.

If you want to find some interesting data though, you should look at non-violent crime and incarceration rates. Especially concerning drug arrests.

www.aclu.org...

sentencingproject.org...

No, an example of an African American caught dead to rights and convicted of rape that got less than a year sentence....

Just in the last year or so there have been half a dozen (at least) of white guys getting that amount of time. Yet I can find NO example when concerning blacks...

OK. Where did you get your data so I can comb through it?

Find one case where it happened to a black guy?

Half a dozen white Guy's in the last 2 years...

There should be one case in history for a black guy... Right??

I truly bet there isn't....

Maybe, maybe not. Can you prove that it happens to whites more than blacks? That is your claim, isn't it?

Yes, by the fact that I can find a dozen examples from the last couple years alone, but not one case involving an African American..

If I'm wrong post one...

You posted 6 random news articles.

Do you want information on rape convictions or do you want news articles?

One single case where an African American convicted of rape got 6 months or less...

Just one....

Dozens in the last few years by white guys... Just one for a black guy??

So 100% hypothetically say we had the data, and there was no case concerning an African American, but there are half dozen cases a year by white guys..would that mean anything?

I can't seem to find broad info on average sentencing. Doubt that would have it..

So you went from posting a few news articles to "dozens"? Where is your proof? You're the one making a claim here, not me. I would love to see statistics on convictions and average sentence organized by demographic. I look forward to seeing it. Thanks!

I ran across dozens of cases, not posted dozens of cases....

I can't find the statistics on sentencing, only on convictions and unreported cases...

All are like really feminist "rape culture" type sites that won't give me straight stats factoring in unconfirmed cases and such.

Guess you still haven't found a single case???

I

It's not up to me to prove your point for you. You prove your claim.

Not sure how you expect to address any systematic racism if you can't even figure out what the systematic racism is. You can't fight ignorance with more ignorance.

What if there is actually no racial bias? You're making these claims without having any data to back it up. Why do you want to make a claim you have no reason to make, and then ask other people to prove you wrong? Why don't you prove yourself right and then maybe you can find a solution to the perceived problem?

It is impossible to prove a negative.....

I can't prove its never happened, but some one could prove it has...such as by posting a case. Lol

Obviously....

Your statement is that blacks receive worse sentences for rape than whites

You can prove this by providing statistics for rape convictions and showing a pattern over a large sample size.

Instead you want to link random news articles from Slate (tip: Slate is not a credible source) that don't prove your point. Many of those have nothing to do with rape. You even linked a random chart with no source cited.

You can't even prove that this is a legitimate problem. Don't you see why it's a bad thing to spread misinformation about a problem that may or may not exist?

you don't solve ignorance by spreading it.

Read the sites I posted, blacks recieve more time for every kind of crime....

I tried to post the graph but couldn't figure out the image thing on my phone...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

6 news articles by easily manipulated news companies shapes your opinion on this?

I'm not saying our justice system isn't flawed. In fact, there are a number of things I would like to see addressed in a reform of our criminal justice system..

However I think maybe you should find the data and form an opinion around that rather than a handful of news articles.

I couldnt...

Yet in 15 min of Google I found dozens of cases with white rapists that go off with nothing...

Refutes what?

That rapists don't always get long sentences? Sorry, but I don't look at skin color when it comes to a violent crime such as this. You're just a rapist, no matter your hue.

If you want to find some interesting data though, you should look at non-violent crime and incarceration rates. Especially concerning drug arrests.

www.aclu.org...

sentencingproject.org...

No, an example of an African American caught dead to rights and convicted of rape that got less than a year sentence....

Just in the last year or so there have been half a dozen (at least) of white guys getting that amount of time. Yet I can find NO example when concerning blacks...

Maybe, maybe not. Can you prove that it happens to whites more than blacks? That is your claim, isn't it?

Yes, by the fact that I can find a dozen examples from the last couple years alone, but not one case involving an African American..

If I'm wrong post one...

One single case where an African American convicted of rape got 6 months or less...

Just one....

So 100% hypothetically say we had the data, and there was no case concerning an African American, but there are half dozen cases a year by white guys..would that mean anything?

I can't seem to find broad info on average sentencing. Doubt that would have it..

So you went from posting a few news articles to "dozens"? Where is your proof? You're the one making a claim here, not me. I would love to see statistics on convictions and average sentence organized by demographic. I look forward to seeing it. Thanks!

I can't find the statistics on sentencing, only on convictions and unreported cases...

All are like really feminist "rape culture" type sites that won't give me straight stats factoring in unconfirmed cases and such.

I

Not sure how you expect to address any systematic racism if you can't even figure out what the systematic racism is. You can't fight ignorance with more ignorance.

What if there is actually no racial bias? You're making these claims without having any data to back it up. Why do you want to make a claim you have no reason to make, and then ask other people to prove you wrong? Why don't you prove yourself right and then maybe you can find a solution to the perceived problem?

I can't prove its never happened, but some one could prove it has...such as by posting a case. Lol

Obviously....

You can prove this by providing statistics for rape convictions and showing a pattern over a large sample size.

Instead you want to link random news articles from Slate (tip: Slate is not a credible source) that don't prove your point. Many of those have nothing to do with rape. You even linked a random chart with no source cited.

You can't even prove that this is a legitimate problem. Don't you see why it's a bad thing to spread misinformation about a problem that may or may not exist?

I tried to post the graph but couldn't figure out the image thing on my phone...

I did read them. None of them showed anything about blacks receiving harsher rape sentences than whites.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I couldnt...

Refutes what?

www.aclu.org...

sentencingproject.org...

If I'm wrong post one...

Just one....

I

Obviously....

I did read them. None of them showed anything about blacks receiving harsher rape sentences than whites.

No they just get harsher sentences for every single other crime....

I'm sure rape is the one category they don't.....(sarcasm)

Again I can't prove a negative... You can only prove a positive...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

How about not charged at all? -

FSU's Jameis Winston not charged

They were found not guilty. The judge had no say so in the matter.

With EVERY single case I posted, The rapist was caught red handed, found guilty . THEN the judge decided not to give them years (it was in the table to do so) and gave them six months....

Apples vs Oranges

No, in many cases, they aren't even charged. Race isn't the issue here, and everyone knows it. Your thread premise isn't valid.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I couldnt...

Refutes what?

www.aclu.org...

sentencingproject.org...

If I'm wrong post one...

Just one....

I

Obviously....

You can prove your claim and you're choosing not to.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I couldnt...

Refutes what?

www.aclu.org...

sentencingproject.org...

If I'm wrong post one...

Just one....

I

Obviously....

You CANNOT PROVE SOMETHING HAS NOT HAPPENED, YOU CAN ONLY PROVED IT HAS!

You cannot prove there is a god, but God could prove he was real...

If I'm wrong, find one case....

You have the ability to prove me wrong (assuming I am) , I do not have the ability to prove I'm right...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

With EVERY single case I posted, The rapist was caught red handed, found guilty . THEN the judge decided not to give them years (it was in the table to do so) and gave them six months....

Apples vs Oranges

No, in many cases, they aren't even charged. Race isn't the issue here, and everyone knows it. Your thread premise isn't valid.

Judges do not decide who is charged, grand juries do..and juries decide if you are innocent.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I couldnt...

Refutes what?

www.aclu.org...

sentencingproject.org...

If I'm wrong post one...

Just one....

I

Obviously....

You have the ability to prove me wrong (assuming I am) , I do not have the ability to prove I'm right...

So then you admit your claim has no basis?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I couldnt...

Refutes what?

www.aclu.org...

sentencingproject.org...

If I'm wrong post one...

Just one....

I

Obviously....

So then you admit your claim has no basis?

No it obviously has a basis based on all of the other stats posted that highlighted every other criminal act...

And the fact that with a 2 min Google can provide dozens of white cases...

I have said "I am willing to bet" not that I have the stats for convictions for every single rape in American history.....

How can you deny that stuff when you can't find one single example my theory is wrong...

Just one...

Mathmatical probability alone should mean there are dozens of cases...unless of course the justice system is biased and there isn't one single case....

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It's not my responsibility to prove you wrong

It's your responsibility to prove that your claim is valid.

Why would I need to disprove your claim when you can't even prove that your claim is valid in the first place?

The links you provided are not only terrible sources, but it's just not enough data to conclude that a pattern of discrimination is occurring.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Why would I need to disprove your claim when you can't even prove that your claim is valid in the first place?

The links you provided are not only terrible sources, but it's just not enough data to conclude that a pattern of discrimination is occurring.

I wish I could figure out how to post images...

The charts I posted had stats that proved Blake get WAY more time for every single crime ....

University of Pittsburg law dept..

www.law.upenn.edu...

Wall Street journal

www.law.upenn.edu...

.gov

www.ussc.gov...

Yale law journal

www.yalelawjournal.org...

But I bet you believe all the WORLDS media, unions, Hollywood, scientific community, college professors, exc are all in a vast conspiracy to make America's flavor of conservatism look bad..so the only site you would trust are the laughing stocks of the rest of the world...

edit on 10-6-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

You seem to just know some one can prove a negative, huh??

Well obviously logic isn't your average conservatives strong suit, it's principles from bygone eras....

If I had every criminal justice stay, I still couldn't prove that one wasn't Mis filed or left off the report.. But you can find one that was misfiled or left off, and prove I was wrong...

Your throwing out false logic then some how feel like you "nailed it" lmao...

edit on 10-6-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The charts I posted had stats that proved Blake get WAY more time for every single crime ....

www.law.upenn.edu...

Wall Street journal

www.law.upenn.edu...

.gov

www.ussc.gov...

Yale law journal

But I bet you believe all the WORLDS media, unions, Hollywood, scientific community, college professors, exc are all in a vast conspiracy to make America's flavor of conservatism look bad..so the only site you would trust are the laughing stocks of the rest of the world...

Those links are much, much better than Slate, so good job on that.

However, none of them have anything to do specifically with rape sentences for blacks vs whites.

In fact, if you had actually read your own sources you would have seen this piece of information that might have helped you understand why your methods of fact finding are severely flawed. It also appears that this particular source goes against your original claim.

The studies agree on several general points. First, legally relevant considerations account for by far the largest share of variation in sentences among federal defendants. When disparity is found, it is more prevalent in cases receiving a departure than in cases sentenced within the guideline range. And unexplained differences in the sentencing of women compared to men are greater than any unexplained differences in the sentencing of different racial and ethnic groups. On other important questions, however, the studies diverge. Different studies yield different answers as to whether discrimination influences sentences at all and, if so, how much. These studies also disagree on which racial and ethnic groups are discriminated against and exactly where in the criminal justice process this discrimination occurs. Some of the variation in conclusions results from differences among authors in how they define disparity and discrimination. Many of the differences, however, result from the different research methodologies employed.

edit on 6/10/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/10/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

www.law.upenn.edu...

Wall Street journal

www.law.upenn.edu...

.gov

www.ussc.gov...

Yale law journal

However, none of them have anything to do specifically with rape sentences for blacks vs whites.

In fact, if you had actually read your own sources you would have seen this piece of information that might have helped you understand why your methods of fact finding are severely flawed. It also appears that this particular source goes against your original claim.

The studies agree on several general points. First, legally relevant considerations account for by far the largest share of variation in sentences among federal defendants. Lin the sentencing of women compared to men are greater than any unexplained differences in the sentencing of different racial and ethnic groups. On other important questions, however, the studies diverge. Different studies yield different answers as to whether discrimination influences sentences at all and, if so, how much. These studies also disagree on which racial and ethnic groups are discriminated against and exactly where in the criminal justice process this discrimination occurs. Some of the variation in conclusions results from differences among authors in how they define disparity and discrimination. Many of the differences, however, result from the different research methodologies employed.

You do realize that this is a case where they decided not to use the standard scale.....

" When disparity is found, it is more prevalent in cases receiving a departure than in cases sentenced within the guideline range."

Which is exactly what happened in the case in question.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

www.law.upenn.edu...

Wall Street journal

www.law.upenn.edu...

.gov

www.ussc.gov...

Yale law journal

The studies agree on several general points. First, legally relevant considerations account for by far the largest share of variation in sentences among federal defendants. Lin the sentencing of women compared to men are greater than any unexplained differences in the sentencing of different racial and ethnic groups. On other important questions, however, the studies diverge. Different studies yield different answers as to whether discrimination influences sentences at all and, if so, how much. These studies also disagree on which racial and ethnic groups are discriminated against and exactly where in the criminal justice process this discrimination occurs. Some of the variation in conclusions results from differences among authors in how they define disparity and discrimination. Many of the differences, however, result from the different research methodologies employed.

You do realize that this is a case where they decided not to use the standard scale.....

" When disparity is found, it is more prevalent in cases receiving a departure than in cases sentenced within the guideline range."

Yep and if the judge was wrong, he would be impeached in half a second. If your claim is true, then maybe you should present your evidence to a legal authority and have this judge impeached.

And you still have yet to prove that it's because he's white and also prove that a black man would have gotten a worse sentence because of their skin color

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Apples vs Oranges

Judges do not decide who is charged, grand juries do..and juries decide if you are innocent.

Did you even check the case I posted? The DA refused to press charges, because he was an alumnus of the school. The guy was protected for being an athlete, and that particular one was black. Flies in the face of your theory. At this point, considering all you have been shown, can't you just admit your theory was wrong?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: avgguy

Quite True...is that called pudding pop privlege?

No that is called, let's ignore that case and pretend that we can't find anymore like it. This is the most ridiculous and pathetic attempt at chitty investigation turned into some kind of evidence I have seen in a while. This isn't enough to even broach the subject unless are "silly" or intellectually dishonest.
edit on 6/11/2016 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Apples vs Oranges

Did you even check the case I posted? The DA refused to press charges, because he was an alumnus of the school. The guy was protected for being an athlete, and that particular one was black. Flies in the face of your theory. At this point, considering all you have been shown, can't you just admit your theory was wrong?

He was not convicted... Hell another DA could have filed them later, because double jeopardy did not apply yet.

Cases where there was a lack of evidence or they were never charged is still up in the air. Maybe they would be convicted maybe not. There is no way to know.

In all the cases I posted they were found guilty, and then when they were totally at the mercy of the judge, handed out a BS sentence.

Totally different things.....

If there are similar cases out there concerning black rapists, then why have we never heard of one?

Why doesn't one show up in search results??

God knows everytime a random black teen punches some one it makes the news (fake knock out game)...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

www.law.upenn.edu...

Wall Street journal

www.law.upenn.edu...

.gov

www.ussc.gov...

Yale law journal

Yep and if the judge was wrong, he would be impeached in half a second. If your claim is true, then maybe you should present your evidence to a legal authority and have this judge impeached.

And you still have yet to prove that it's because he's white and also prove that a black man would have gotten a worse sentence because of their skin color

The one who did this hasn't been recalled yet..

The afluenza teen judge obviously was bribed and retired right after the case, but has faced no charges.

Only the cop who threw the tazer at the feet of the unarmed black guy before murdering him, is being prosecuted. Every single other shady unarmed shooting the cop walked...

The justice system RARELY holds police, judges and DAs accountable..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join