It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies after falling into US hot spring

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

US park rangers have suspended efforts to recover the body of an Oregon man who fell into a highly acidic hot spring after wandering away from a designated boardwalk at Yellowstone National Park. Park spokeswoman Charissa Reid said there were no remains left to recover at the site where 23-year-old Colin Nathaniel Scott slipped into the hot spring on Tuesday. Reid says Scott's sister was with him at the time of the accident, looking at thermal features in the Norris Geyser Basin. They were about 200 metres away from the boardwalk in violation of park rules. The accident occurred in an area where boiling water flows just beneath the earth's crust.
What can one say?, he was a fool to wander off the viewing boardwalk and paid with his life, most unfortunate,and a terrible way to die.[url=http://]http://www.news.com.au/world/breaking-news/man-dies-after-falling-into-us-hot-spring/news-story/2df039248bf05f1a289ee4ffb3f826cf[/url ]

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

there were no remains left to recover at the site

Jesus.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Darwin Achievement Unlocked.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Darwin Achievement Unlocked.

I think you pretty much crushed it when you fall into boiling acid and there is zero chance of even cloning your ass in the future because your DNA is gone.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

I think this is appropriate for said moron....

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The article should read that this was negligence and not an accident. I know, I know though, everyone's a winner! No such thing as a stupid person!

iTruthSeeker

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Sadly we will all have to endure new 'safety precautions' and be further separated from the natural beauty of Yellowstone because of this fool. Just watch.

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well the responses in this thread reveal more than I'd like to say about your character.

Hey we're alive, let's mock the dead.

What the hell is wrong with you people. Some things just aren't funny. I bet his loved ones are just in fits of laughter. Anything can happen to any of us at any time, and you want to believe you never do anything stupid?

Ridiculous. Mocking someone's death...... This site.....

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

You are right...I don't care about this person I never knew.

I don't know what to tell you...I am not wired to care about stupid people.

edit on 2016/6/8 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The dude was stupid. Bypassing all safety barriers to go have a closer look at a hole that has some pretty nasty stuff in it that will kill you.

It's like checking why your oven won't light by going inside it, while the gas is still on, with a lit match.

If someone is stupid enough to do that, they don't deserve sympathy.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Dp... Phone issue
edit on 8-6-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I agree 100%.I continually hear about the collective intelligence of ATS members, but obviously our class quotient leaves something to be desired.
edit on 8-6-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Why does his intelligence matter? Are you all elites all of a sudden?

Killing of the stupid people, where have I heard this before.......? Oh that's right, the very people most of us CLAIM are our enemies. I just don't get it. I guess I'm just seeing this from a purely humanistic point of view. What happened to him is tragic and, let's be honest, horrifying.

He didn't just die, if he fell into a geiser he probably died in extreme pain, pain we'll never know. It's just....... I don't know..... Horrible.

Yes he was in the wrong, and yes he did break the rules, but we all do. It's human nature.

It's what most rants are on ATS these days, these quick one liners, devoid of reason and humanity..... Everything's a joke..
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
...he probably died in extreme pain, pain we'll never know.

One guess why none of us will know that pain.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're telling me you've never done anything, in your life, that put you in direct danger?

Why try to confuse the issue? What are you even trying to get at, that this man has exclusive rights for making a mistake? No, I'm not buying it, you'll need to do better than that.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Why does his intelligence matter? Are you all elites all of a sudden?

Killing of the stupid people, where have I heard this before.......? Oh that's right, the very people most of us CLAIM are our enemies. I just don't get it. I guess I'm just seeing this from a purely humanistic point of view. What happened to him is tragic and, let's be honest, horrifying.

He didn't just die, if he fell into a geiser he probably died in extreme pain, pain we'll never know. It's just....... I don't know..... Horrible.

Yes he was in the wrong, and yes he did break the rules, but we all do. It's human nature.

It's what most rants are on ATS these days, these quick one liners, devoid of reason and humanity..... Everything's a joke..

I agree with you. 100%.

What we've all done is callous.
& yet I still laughed at the little quips.

It's human nature.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It's not about intelligence, per say. It's about doing something stupid.

You wouldn't drink a bottle of bleach. You wouldn't put a knife into a plug socket. You wouldn't jump off the Empire State Building to check if gravity worked.

Warning labels, signs and barriers are there for reasons. Ignore them and you have to expect something to happen.

Maybe it's time we removed warning labels and barriers and let nature take its course?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You're telling me you've never done anything, in your life, that put you in direct danger?

Not where I would end up dissolved in boiling acid.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
You wouldn't put a knife into a plug socket.

Wellllllllllll.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join