It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pablo Escobar’s favorite assassin is now a YouTube sensation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

In the heyday of Colombia's cartel wars, one of the most feared sicarios, or hitmen, went by the name of Popeye. His chin jutted out like the cartoon character's. He was Pablo Escobar's right-hand man, helping him uphold the drug-running Medellin cartel's vengeful stranglehold over Colombia in the late 1980s. He enjoyed years of impunity during which he claims he personally killed at least 250 people, including his own girlfriend, and ordered the killings of thousands of others. He was finally caught in 1992 and convicted of just one attack, though it was a particularly heinous one and it landed him 22 years in jail. "I'd estimate I've killed around 250 people with my own hands," he once said, "but only a psychopath keeps count." Popeye, now 54, was released from prison for "good behavior" and immediately went about reinventing himself. Now, he goes by "Popeye Arrepentido," or "Regretful Popeye." That's the name of his phenomenally popular YouTube channel, which has almost 100 videos and more than 100,000 subscribers.
The psychopath is now free from prison, to pick-up on his heinous trade. How could a person only spend time in prison for one murder when he owned up to around 250 hits? But then again it's Colombia, the drug capitol of the world. He also admitted the bombing of an airliner that killed over 100 people, but was carried out to kill just one passenger, a prospective presidential candidate. The candidate never got on the plane and went on to become president of Colombia. A very "EVIL" person back on the streets.www.washingtonpost.com... v&wpmm=1

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

It's actually kinda amazing he served even 22 years in prison. He was released on good behavior eh? Did this man change his ways? Well, only time will tell.

I'll have to check out his YouTube channel and see what's going on there and why he's so popular now.

Damnit, it's in Spanish and mobile YouTube doesn't have a translate feature.
edit on 8-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

join