It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone Achieve financial success and wealth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
As in NASCAR, 2nd place is the first loser.

But they all are doing pretty good. Even at 43rd place. But the guy who doesnt enter his ride, aint gonna win nuttin'.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

"What do you call ambition? I know people with Masters degrees in Engineering that are delivering pizza, another friend of mine has a Bachelors in Mathematics and he's a manager at that same pizza store. Those people don't lack ambition, the jobs just aren't there."

How many job applications do they submit per day? Hundreds? Are they willing to relocate to another city or country? Did they get an engineering degree because they love engineering or they thought it would be a good job? Can they leverage that degree to another profession like teaching? How much time per week do they spend networking in that industry? Are they working on more college classes? Are they writing a book about it? Do they blog about it? How active are they on LinkedIn? How many engineering groups are they in on Facebook? Working hard is just the one element, working smarter is another.

The manager of that pizza store...why isn't he the area manager or training manager of a dozen stores beneath him, is he looking into how to get into corporate? All of the other questions above here as well. Again, what is that manager doing to succeed and how does he define success? When I was manager pizza joints, that wasn't the pinnacle of success for me. I needed more and I wanted a better profession. It was easy for me to leverage my managment experience to another industry.

I was a telecommunications expert as well as an expert pizza maker...lol I'm in neither of those professions now. Sometimes you just need to move on.
edit on 15-6-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: smirkley
But the difference is, somewhere in the future the "unwashed masses" will still be unwashed, unless they make a huge change becoming one of those that do try hard even if they dont make it.

I think the numbers will show the ones that try do in fact have a higher incidence of some semblance of success.

And the ones who dont give a crap, I bet the percentage is ALOT lower that "succeed".

There are no guarantees in life, but you have a better chance if you just try.

More will succeed out of the group that tries, but the point was many will still try and fail. What brings about success is luck. It's not 100% chance because you do have to take some actions for yourself, but at the end of the day as you said, there are no guarantees. Some people simply won't succeed.

Besides being born in a bad country like North Korea or born with a severe disability or some sever bad luck like a car wreck...if you are a normal, average person...even below average in looks and intellegence like me, you can succeed if you want to. You have to want it, you have to work for it.

This is a testable theory. Scientifically testable. It's like that movie Trading Places, except this is real life.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

They stopped sending applications, they already applied to everywhere in town and these are people who want to live near their families, not move off to a big city.

As for the manager, what corporate? It's an actual small business, there's one pizza shop and he runs it for an entire $10/hour. Above him is the owner, it's a position where there's no room to move up.

you can succeed if you want to. You have to want it, you have to work for it.

This is a testable theory. Scientifically testable. It's like that movie Trading Places, except this is real life.

The corporate world is structured in a pyramid, it is mathematically impossible for everyone to end up on top of that pyramid, even if everyone works for it. Your premise relies on a whole bunch of people not working for it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join