It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day 8 No Money on EBT Cards?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
An article is claiming food stamp (EBT) cards are not being filled on time.

They link to a sight that supposedly monitors reports.

Haven't heard this.

Has anybody else heard or know of recent "problems" ??

The article suggests some interesting scenarios.

MSM selective suppression?

Day 8 No Money on EBT Cards – Riots Next? – Get Prepared!

It interesting over the weekend I got several emails telling me about cell phones being down, internet being down, and get this, EBT cards not working and having no money associated to them.

This is a concern because when the US Government has payment failures, then there is possibly something happening that the press is not telling you about.

Now, we know that computers have problems and that states, counties and cities run on computers. But what is interesting is that since the beginning of 2016, The US government has had over 2,700 reports on downdetector.com showing that they have been late loading the money onto these EBT cards.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
xuenchen

The implications are terrifying. This could easily lead to food riots.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
They could have been cut off, and just haven't made it down to the office to speak to their case worker to look up the problem. Just because complaints have been filed doesn't mean much without more detailed information.

A few thousand reports out of millions of applicants isn't really any indicator of a problem, unless that problem is people file complaints before they investigate deeper. But maybe there is a mistake somewhere? Who knows...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Systems do go down from time to time, but this is a story that is rehashed every few months.

"EBT is down"...."poor people are going to riot"...etc.

I wouldn't worry. If some system is having problems, it will be up soon enough.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There was/is a problem. In the states where 'waivers' ran out, the poeple that only qualified for snap benefits for 3 months out of the year were not given really any notice on what to do/how to prove that they still qualify or how to qualify (usually 80 hrs a month approved working/training or volunteering).

Many received peperwork saying they were approved for the next 6 months and then weeks later received a 'discontinuation letter' without the chance to figure it out or scheduile a fair hearing. Mainly, benefits are continued while the fair hearing is pending. The error was at the state level. Local Social Services had to scramble to continue or 'turn back on' benefits for those who asked for a fair hearing in time, were discontinued in error or have an active SSI application in place.

Some who receive benefits on the 1st received late, some who receive on the 9th actually got 2 das early, as most were fixed by yesterday.

I do not see riots occuring- in regard to this.

I do see it if the fair hearings don't go well and people can't feed themselves. NY state food banks and churches have already said they won't be able to handle the need. I suspect it is the same in the states that did not renew waivers as well.
edit on 8-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Makes sense.

Good post.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: reldra

Makes sense.

Good post.

Ty

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
They could have been cut off, and just haven't made it down to the office to speak to their case worker to look up the problem. Just because complaints have been filed doesn't mean much without more detailed information.

A few thousand reports out of millions of applicants isn't really any indicator of a problem, unless that problem is people file complaints before they investigate deeper. But maybe there is a mistake somewhere? Who knows...

This is all mainly done online, by mail or phone now. In very few places does one have to go to an office unless it is your first time to apply. There were problems with timing on notifications.

In the past, one had to wait in excess of 5 hours just to renew or apply the first time at an office. It cost a ridiculous amount of man hours.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I was able to just go on that site and two clicks later I had issued a problem.
Wonder how many others did that for what ever reason. Probably just one big psy op.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
xuenchen

Or people accepting jobs.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I was able to just go on that site and two clicks later I had issued a problem.
Wonder how many others did that for what ever reason. Probably just one big psy op.

Many Temporary assistance state websites were never set up properly. It is always best to call a worker early in the morning.

Unless you mean downdetector. I only saw 36 reports in 24 hours.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
xuenchen

Or people accepting jobs.

This was a SNAP benefit problem, not a cash benefit problem. Many full time workers qualify for SNAP benefits. Both benefits come on the same card, in separate amounts, for those that receive both. The reports I have read were only that SNAP benefits were not loaded for many in error. The system may also be overloaded by people trying to run food benefit over and over and then store managers trying to do the same.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I work with a guy who was at the grocery store last Sunday, the lady in front of him in line was trying to use her ebt card but nothing was on it. After holding up the line for several minutes he made the comment that she should know how much money was on her card before going to the store. The lady told him that if he wanted to take it outside she would have her husband show up and kick his ass.

So ya, I can see things getting ugly real quick.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This really is your wet dream huh OP? Day eight? Riots should already be in full swing according to your previous thread yesterday.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

As if everyone on food stamps is jobless. I work 40+ hours a week and still have to rely on food stamps. Rent, utilities, cell phone/other bills and insurance aren't cheap you know.
edit on 6/8/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"There is no money. But be strong. Have a good day. And good health."

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

My EBT card did not receive funds for 1 month.

Yeah I am on food stamps myself. What is worse is the bull# Obama care. Last year I was only covered for 3 #ing months. And this year so far? I have had to pay for my #ing doctor visits out of pocket. I have had to spend over 600 dollars before they realised "oh... You should have been covered. "

#ing BS. The only reason why there is so much trouble is due to public opinion.

Back two years ago before I went homeless I tried to apply for food stamps. I never even got a letter back. But when I filed my taxes to report only earning 9,112.44 through a verifiable source and signed up? Then they were like OMG. we need to get you on snap ASAP.

It took two years of suffrage just to get on food stamps. The year before I only made 7,890.33 I did however move to another state. So that #ed me up.

But yes... My EBT card didn't have any new funds added until this week. I should be near 1,000.00 for my balance. Only because I never use the full amount. But now it is down to 500. Which is strange.

top topics

join