It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't quite understand the concept of the rapture.
I get the feeling that many born again christians believe we are approaching the end times some even believe that the end times are already here.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but doesent the rapture occur before the tribulations?

So if the Tribulations (end times) have already begun then shouldnt all the good christians of the world have mysteriously vanished already?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
As with many topics, the church is split on this one too. (Not slamming the church, just pointing out fact) You basically have 3 groups that I'm aware of... the pre-tribs, the mid-tribs, and the post-tribs depending on when they believe the rapture wil occur. I'm a pre-trib believer myself, but I'm sure the other groups are represented here as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Actually there are more divisions then this, first are the Preterists, they do not believe in a rapture at all because to them revelations has already been fulfilled.

Historicists believe in only a post-tribulation rapture, or what you would call the judgment.

Futurists are the only ones that have a division amongst themselves over whether its a Pre-tribulation, Mid-tribulation, or post-tribulation rapture.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The book of revelations has done more damage to people than any other single book in the bible. many scholars did not want it included, as it is derived from outside Christianity.

organized religions teach you to fear, to be afraid and reinforce anxiety at every level. this book is a great tool to use in this manner. I can argue there is no rapture as easily as i can argue there is one, because the Bible is not clear one way or the other.

study the origins of the book of revelations, that is the best avenue.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The Rapture will be a massive UFO abduction for true believers and devoted followers of alien teachings/messages. The Bible is very clear that believers will be "swept up in the air" and Christ will return in a "cloud" flying saucer. Remember is Exodus how Yahweh flyings in the form of a "cloud" that rests on the ground, hovers over the Tabernacle for days, months, years without moving, what type of "cloud" does that?! Yahweh is an alien and Jesus contained an alien soul, which he received during his baptism.

Bibleufo.com

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
if you actually believe that God is an alien than you are missing some information in life just in general. What would believing in God have to do with being raptured? How would they know who believed and who didn't, let alone who believed in Jesus being God? How did the Aliens get eternal life? What is Heaven? What is Hell? What are Angels? What are Demons? Who is Satan? Why would they care so much? Would they actually have enough ships to take the 1 billion plus christians to their planet? How did they see in the future? How did they Help people like Daniel? How did they flood the earth? Why would we be sinning against them for lying, or cheating, or stealing?

In other words the whole Alien-Christian religion doesn't make sense.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I subscribe to an a-la-carte type of UFO-Alien-Christian-Hindu-etc belief systems merged into a syncretic religion of my own.

In other words the whole Alien-Christian religion doesn't make sense.

Sure it does. There is enough evidence Yahweh (The Jewish God) is an alien.

www.bibleufo.com

www.rael.org

www.heavensgate.com

www.seekye1.com

[edit on 17-1-2005 by ProphetOfYahweh]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
'The Rapture' is bogus escapest theology that emerged
in the late 1800's. It's fairly 'new' and when studied ...
it falls apart. There will be no rapture. It's unbiblical.

The different 'Rapture' belief groups -
www.catholic.com...

History of 'The Rapture' and when it was invented,
and who invented it -
www.catholic.com...

Excellent book to read - The Rapture Trap.

[edit on 1/18/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The bible doesn't say anything about a rapture occuring. It is an abstract interpretation of several phrases in the bible that are unrelated in any way.

Probably invented to spice up the whole fading, "your going to go to hell" bit. Its easier to collect money from people when they have a reason to give it.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I definately do not know much about it, but wasn't the story of the rapture and people disapearing just made up within the past few hundred years? In one of my economics class they were saying how it was basically just a tactic to get more followers or something. I can't remember the story that well...

new topics

top topics

join