It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Cops To Sue Marilyn Mosby For ‘Malicious Prosecution’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
An oxymoron is happening in Baltimore.

Looks like some police officers involved with the famous Freddie Gray case are suing State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby.

Malicious prosecution and false arrest are some of the allegations being brought forth.

This is wild because many people thought the whole thing with Freddie Gray was blown out of proportion from the beginning.

I wonder what the Mayor thinks now?

Always fun when nobody gets it right.

EXCLUSIVE: Baltimore Cops To Sue Marilyn Mosby For ‘Malicious Prosecution’

Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby will face a slew of new counts, including malicious prosecution and false arrest in a lawsuit brought by two Baltimore cops, The Daily Caller News Foundation has learned.

Sgt. Alicia White and Officer William Porter, two officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, filed suit May 2 against Mosby and Maj. Sam Cogen of the Baltimore Sheriff’s office for defamation and invasion of privacy. The suit alleges Mosby and Cogen knew the charges were trumped up, but filed them anyway to quell the riots that had ravaged the city.

Michael Glass, the lawyer for the officers in the suit, told TheDCNF that he plans to amend the lawsuit to include “likely a count of malicious prosecution, false arrest, false imprisonment, violation of the Maryland declaration of rights, article 24 and 26.” He said the they’re currently working on modifying the complaint, and the changes will be official in the next few weeks, likely by the end of June.

edit on Jun-08-2016 by xuenchen because: all seeing eyes

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Works for me

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Glad to hear this. People like her should not be in those types of positions.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
BLUE LIVES MATTER!

Good luck, officers.

The tide is definitely turning.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
About bloody time

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This could be egg in Obama's face along with his special committees and what not !!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Is this the kid who's mom said he was holding a sandwich and not a gun?

I can't keep these "public outcies" about police straight anymore.

EDIT

NVM. I found the link to the news story. It was just another STL killing on the heels of Mike Brown.

He was holding a sandwich not a gun...
edit on 8-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (I corrected my own information)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm really bewildered as to why there hasn't been a class action law suit
against her by the business and home owners that had their livelihoods
destroyed because of her mismanagement of the police and then later
scapegoating them after they get pelted with glass bottles and bricks
by 'protesters' and were told not to respond. It seems like a failure in
leadership from the top down, the bucks gotta stop somewhere.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The headline I saw stated this makes five suits either brought against her or about to be brought against her by the officers involved. Believe they're also suing the Baltimore sheriff's office as well, for signing off on the charges.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Who cares about how it affects Obama--look at the bigger picture. This, if ruled in favor of the officers, will hopefully realign some of the cogs of justice so that it's not so quick blame LEOs and take them to court. Even if not ruled in favor of the officers, it could have said effect, and that's a good thing. And with two basically being found not guilty, the cards are stacking in their favor, although I think that there was reasonable evidence at the time to charge the officers.

ANY time someone dies in police custody (of physical injury), there should, at the least, be a grand jury investigation.

And I would argue the same for citizens--always show up in court for your tickets. The more that do, it'll cost the legal system more money and maybe, just maybe, deter officers from being so quick to hand out tickets as often as they do for victimless crimes.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
These officers are wasting their time. This wont go anywhere as a ruling against this woman would be deemed "racist".

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Looks like the cops are showing us how its done, however I'm willing to bet if an average citizen tried this they would be laughed out of the court room.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
it`s painfully obvious that the only reason that they were prosecuted was to appease the rioters so they would stop rioting.I hope the officers are successful in their lawsuit.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
And now this late breaking development. It seems there is solid evidence of a Brady violation that could stop the persecution in its tracks. If so, these officers will easily win their lawsuit.

Baltimore Six Trial – Stunning Last Minute Motion To Dismiss Due to Severe Brady Violation…

Caeser Goodson Jr. is scheduled to begin his bench trial today, Thursday, in the third prosecution revolving around the Freddie Gray case. However, a stunning last minute motion to dismiss, based on a severe Brady violation from prosecutor Marilyn Mosby’s office, might just end the entire trail before it begins.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

edit on 8-6-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join