It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is the Most Corrupt Political Party in the US?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
In fairness, this type of issue cannot be discussed based on court convictions or even prosecutions. The system protects its own unless and until the violator either runs afoul of the puppeteers or no longer serves them a useful purpose.

Look at Hillary... obviously corrupt and compromised to hell, yet unprosecuted and lining up to be the standard bearer for an entire party.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

I'm not sure how one can say they are all corrupt without supportive evidence, but ok.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes, all are assumed innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

I've never really compared what party did what,but just off hand,it seems conservatives are more likely to commit crimes they take offense to in talk,like sex crimes and such,where the dem's seem to do more money laundering type,or "victimless crimes. I really hate both parties,but the Conservatives really twist my panties.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

I believe that the democrats have more CORRUPT politicians. The GOP, on the other hand, seems to have more sexual predators in their ranks.

Just my personal observations over the past 50+ years.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

I believe that the democrats have more CORRUPT politicians. The GOP, on the other hand, seems to have more sexual predators in their ranks.

Just my personal observations over the past 50+ years.

I think you'd be right about that.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

Yes, all are assumed innocent until proven guilty.

There are an assload of guilty people wandering around DC.... When they're in the establishment it isn't "innocent until proven guilty" it's "unprosecuted until proven no longer of use."

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My impartial opinion being that I'm not a Democrat or Republican but an American:

There is Corruption in the Republican Party,
More Corruption in the Democratic Party
and Blatant Corruption in the MSM.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Both parties are the most corrupt.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Looks like one party is better at hiding their corruption than the other

Is it only corrupt if you get caught?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrThortan
Looks like one party is better at hiding their corruption than the other

Is it only corrupt if you get caught?

No, but it is fantasy to conclude based on imagination and not evidence.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Which is the most corrupt? It is which is better at hiding their bad actions that is what we should be looking at. The people attracted to politics are not the most honest of people. Your ability to deceive others is a big plus in making it in politics.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Both parties are the most corrupt.

That seems to be false. But the Red Queen was able to believe 6 impossible things before breakfast, so I can kind of understand where you're coming from.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

There are an assload of guilty people wandering around DC.... When they're in the establishment it isn't "innocent until proven guilty" it's "unprosecuted until proven no longer of use."

You are likely correct, but without evidence it would be an injustice to make such arbitrary accusations.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

All this is face of a left leaning Judicial system...

It would be interesting to see the variance in sentencing/fines.....

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You have to remember, though, that you're only guilty if you get caught. Maybe Republicans are better at bribing the attorneys.

Well, I guess that they could be unequally corrupt, but I doubt that. Corruption doesn't always have to be accomplished illegally.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You have to remember, though, that you're only guilty if you get caught. Maybe Republicans are better at bribing the attorneys.

Well, I guess that they could be unequally corrupt, but I doubt that. Corruption doesn't always have to be accomplished illegally.

I understand, but dealing in maybes and what ifs is dangerous when it comes to accusing people of crimes.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Like I said, though, a lot of corruption is not technically a crime.

Furthermore, all crimes are accusations until proven guilty in court. These days, accusations get passed around like Jell-O shots at a frat party, so they really mean little-to-nothing anymore.

I know I'm talking semantics, here, but unless proven in a court of law, technically everything is just that--an accusation. Maybes and what-ifs are what lead to investigations, though.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Like I said, though, a lot of corruption is not technically a crime.

Furthermore, all crimes are accusations until proven guilty in court. These days, accusations get passed around like Jell-O shots at a frat party, so they really mean little-to-nothing anymore.

I know I'm talking semantics, here, but unless proven in a court of law, technically everything is just that--an accusation. Maybes and what-ifs are what lead to investigations, though.

You're right, but the types of corruption I mentioned in the OP are crimes. Personal moralities and philosophies aside, people are allowed to do legal things. So I see no sense in including legal activities in this list. Corruption is indeed a very broad term, and maybe I should have changed it to illegal corruption.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

What in the hell are you talking about? Are you seriously gonna tell me one party is more corrupt than the other?

Both parties are bought and paid for by their wealthy donors. Two sides of the same corrupt coin. God, I hate people who cheerlead for their party while always attacking the other because they become biased and blind.

Both parties are completely corrupt.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join