It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Is ‘Emotionally Retarded, Maybe Mentally Retarded’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:55 PM
a reply to: thedarkone9966

WOW. I am so offended right now. What he just said was so deeply offensive. How insensitive does one have to be to use such bigoted ableist words? This is very harmful not just to disabled people, but also to the spiritual community. This is very insensitive and this type of speech is very problematic. We need to dismantle the structural oppression that the mentally disabled community faces.

Watch the celebration from the SJW's.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:02 PM
a reply to: JAY1980

EXCLUDED. RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:15 PM
Hillary is bipolar and a sociopath. Obama's gay. We've gone without a real POTUS for some time now.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:27 PM
Did he get banned? lol Whats up with the OP?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:22 AM

Emotionally Retarded, Maybe Mentally Retarded

Ironic his use of words. Does he not realize that he has become the very thing he claims he's against?
A statement like that makes him worse than Trump!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:35 AM

BINGO, TheDarkOne9966! Donald Trump worked out a deal with Hillary, to throw her the election. In return, the Trump empire is showered with (back-door) favors.

My eyes were opened when I put 1+2 together. 1.) Trump lavished praise on (his friend) Hillary in a 2012 interview. 2.) Since becoming the Republican nominee, Trump is intentionally insulting the ethnic groups that he needs, if he wants to win.

Since he ain't dumb, and has dealt with many thousands of people, you can only conclude that Donald Trump made a deal with Hillary, at some point.

edit on 6/9/2016 by carewemust because: Trump Throws Election to Hillary..AS PLANNED.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:41 AM

originally posted by: BLee8127
Did he get banned? lol Whats up with the OP?

Pretty sure it was a gen-u-ine shill..

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:11 AM
I see an IRS audit in Deepak's future. LOL!

I'll go with the left's hypocrisy, tho.

Any R saying that, would be 24/7 coverage.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:18 AM

originally posted by: butcherguy
Deepak is a doctor.
JAMA had to post a retractive statement after a Chopra article took a lot of flak.
Deepak pushes alternative medicine.
Most doctors don't push alternative medicine. Why not?
Mostly because science doesn't back alternative medicine.

DOCTORS have the highest rate of suicide amongst all professions. Deepak may be depressed and jealous of Trump.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:03 AM

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

originally posted by: thinline
the hypocrisy will be shown again. The people who would go bat poop crazy if Trump called anyone retarded, will support this guy using a word they say is "hateful" and "discriminatory" and whatnot.

The kool aide is cold, so play on playa

Call anyone retarded? Trump publicly mocked a NYT reporter with arthrogryposis by moving his arms like a disabled guy. Or have you forgotten so quickly?

Well, I guess trump loses the arthrogryposis vote! Damn!

And thanks for the reminder, I forgot about it the day after it supposedly happened.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:13 AM
Chopra is referring to Trump not having any emotional intelligence, which is a real thing that Fortune 500 companies pay big bucks to have their executives trained in.

Emotional intelligence refers to an ability to recognize the meanings of emotion and their relationships, and to reason and problem-solve on the basis of them. Emotional intelligence is involved in the capacity to perceive emotions, assimilate emotion-related feelings, understand the information of those emotions, and manage them.

University of New Hampshire

It's a very real thing. It's quite common to see it offered in corporate training, I would honestly be surprised if no one here hasn't been to an EI training class.

For example: Verbal intelligence concerns the mental ability to reason with and about verbal information, and of verbal knowledge to enhance thought. Spatial intelligence concerns the mental ability to reason with and about spatial information (i.e., the shape of objects and their orientation in space), and of spatial knowledge to enhance thought. ...and so on.

So saying someone is "emotionally retarded" is pointing out their lack of emotional intelligence. "Retarded" or "retard" in an of itself isn't some kind of racial slur or pejorative. We have "flame retardant" materials like nomex for firefighters. Children are still classified by medical professionals as being "mentally retarded".

verb (used with object)
to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.

Now, Trump does seem to display elements of Narcissistic personality disorder, or NPD. Having NPD is pretty much means you have ZERO emotional intelligence. Let's take a look:

Emotional Intelligence (EI) has several facets, which are grounded in our:

-self-knowledge: simply an understanding of yourself and your goals and abilities

-empathy: a very eloquent definition was provided by psychoanalyst Heinz Kohut, who defines empathy as “the capacity to think and feel oneself into the inner life of another person”

-likability: how well you are liked with critical elements of personality encompassing friendliness, empathy, realness, and capacity to connect

-ability to connect people and ideas

NPD symptoms are as follows:

-grandiosity / exaggeration

-fantastic thinking / romantic

-believes special / unique

- requires admiration

-entitled / demanding

-exploitative / manipulative

-lacks empathy

-envious / jealous

-arrogant / haughty

And it isn't just talking heads on "liberal biased media" who have no training and education in mental health saying this about Mr. Trump. We have several highly trained (and respected) professionals in the mental health community making the claim that Trump suffers from NPD:

For mental-health professionals, Donald Trump is at once easily diagnosed but slightly confounding. “Remarkably narcissistic,” said developmental psychologist Howard Gardner, a professor at Harvard Graduate School of Education. “Textbook narcissistic personality disorder,” echoed clinical psychologist Ben Michaelis. “He’s so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because there’s no better example of his characteristics,” said clinical psychologist George Simon, who conducts lectures and seminars on manipulative behavior. “Otherwise, I would have had to hire actors and write vignettes. He’s like a dream come true.”

“He’s very easy to diagnose,” said psychotherapist Charlotte Prozan. “In the first debate, he talked over people and was domineering. He’ll do anything to demean others, like tell Carly Fiorina he doesn’t like her looks. ‘You’re fired!’ would certainly come under lack of empathy. And he wants to deport immigrants, but [two of] his wives have been immigrants.” Michaelis took a slightly different twist on Trump’s desire to deport immigrants: “This man is known for his golf courses, but, with due respect, who does he think works on these golf courses?”

Psychology Today

The author of the above article has penned the book, Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care About Has Borderline Personality Disorder, Second Edition( (New Harbinger, 2010). She's a foremost expert on borderline personality disorder/narcissistic personality disorder.

So, for those who don't like to read here's the TL

Trump lacks emotional intelligence due to probably having narcissistic personality disorder, his aptitude in this area is "retarded" or "hindered/impeded". So, emotionally speaking -- yes, he essentially is "emotionally retarded".

Mr. Chopra isn't to far off base here.

After reading through this thread, however, I see a lot of "attacking the messenger, not the message" ad-hominem attacks against Mr. Chopra.

I suppose since Trump supporters in this discussion have no intelligent and coherent argument as to why Trump ISNT emotionally retarded, they have to resort to typical conservative ad-hominem attacks.

And just to be clear on what I mean by that (as not everyone might know what that term means)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:29 AM
a reply to: MystikMushroom

So if I was to point out the FACT that Psychology Today held firm to the line that homosexuality and gender identity dysphoria were both serious mental disorders until political pressure demanded they change scientific theory and yet you're here expecting us to assume they're capable of getting this type of assessment correct now because: reasons, I'd be ad homineming?

Well, wouldn't want that now, would we?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:33 AM
Well, If I became that stupid, would I also become a millionaire? Please?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:38 AM
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It was a day or two ago that I saw someone post about how they wouldn't trust a doctor that made a clinical diagosis without interviewing the patient. But that is when some doctor is saying that Hillary has a personality disorder..... and the doctor isn't a new age wooo-wooo, 'I cause earthquakes with my mind' Deepak Chopra.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:29 AM

Trump has a genius level IQ. If he comes across as simple or stupid, it's by design. He speaks at a third-grade level because almost everybody can communicate at a third grade level; it doesn't sound smug or pretentious.

He wrote an op-ed in the WSJ:

You can clearly see he's a well read and intelligent man. He's outsmarting the political establishment as well as the mainstream media, and always staying one step ahead of his competition.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:15 AM
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I haven't followed Trump enough to know if he's a classic Narcissist, or not.

Your narrative seems to try and build a solid case . . . and it's plausible. I'm just not informed enough about him to be that convinced at this time.

It is certain that the gritchy one is. And if Trump is, she's probably twice as bad. LOL.

Certainly emotional IQ is crucial to good leadership and good relationships.

The gritchy one doesn't care about "the little people." She only cares about her power-mongering; destroying the USA and transforming the ashes into a Communist/globalist tyranny etc.

She's too emotional to be a total sociopath . . . on the other hand, her cold hearted homicidal habits and her ruthless vengefulness to those around her--including Bill--kind of indicate maybe she's more psychopathic/sociopathic by far, than not.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:39 AM

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: introvert

At least you admit it was an analogy and not a "fantasy".

I'll consider that a plus. Otherwise, do you wish to add something intelligent to the discussion or do I have to search for another Pee Wee quote to accurately describe your attempt at obfuscation?

it was a simile actually. But yes, I'm not positive you fantasize about these things, though I bet you do.

Pee Wee quotes is your forte, why stop there? well, besides double standards.

Maybe you can explain how I'm obfuscating as opposed to pointing out your hypocrisy.

Are you expressing your own fantasy about me fantasizing?

Anyway, there is a difference between using an analogy to describe someone's conduct and actually engaging is said conduct. Therefore, no hypocrisy.

I really shouldn't have to explain that to you, LeMis.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:32 AM
LMAO. Though I think he meant to refer to Shillary. God help us if shillary gets into office.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:21 AM

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: smurfy

But far be it from me to stop Trump critics talking out of their rears.

I guess you never looked any any of those simple keywords then..afraid to look how deep his, and others dirt goes, or just don't believe it and put the head in the sand?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:59 PM
Okay that snowflake term that is being thrown around on ATS is getting annoying... In other news, I do think that Donald Trump is certainly incoherent and he is probably being elected simply on his ability to say what he thinks (which is a good thing because of how extreme PC has gotten).

I will have to wait and see how good or bad his policies will be once he is in office. He is a wildcard to me.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>