It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public schools in DC suburb on lock-in after reports of shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

All schools in Alexandria, VA are on lockdown due to a possible shooting, local media reported. The town is located across the river from Washington, DC

Public schools in DC suburb on lock-in after reports of shooting

Doesnt seem to be much else out there other than what I posted above which came from a Tweet.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Hoping this is an isolated incident that has already been resolved and not some whacko in a standoff with plans for more casualties..

Keeping everyone in that area in my thoughts right now

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The latest tweet from Alexandria Schools is priceless.

Our emergency communication system is in routine maintenance. You will not receive emails/texts. Get updates at: www.acps.k12.va.us... .

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I have family that live in Northern VA, I grew up in the area and am familiar with Alexandria. The area where this shooting took place is right near a lot of low income housing that is right near where they have built a bunch of expensive condos and townhomes. My guess is this is some kind of gang related or isolated incident. Hoping this gets resolved soon and safely.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Was going to say the same. Grew up in Mclean, so I know the area very well too.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Doesnt seem to be related to the schools, "The Alexandria Police Department reported at the same time that they were investigating a shooting in the streets south of the city's Old Town district."

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Anyone else getting tire of 'lock ins or lock downs', whatever?

Maybe if they locked in / down the 7 11's too, I'd be more forgiving. But scar(r)ing kids to death and announcing a terror level alert lock down in their school is just state indoctrination and conditioning, pounding the ritual into their mind that they need to be afraid all the time, and expect terror alerts and delays in their normal routine, even if nothings directly threatening them at the time.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
When I was in high school, there was a shooting(only an injury), we all stayed and finished the day. We had a student council meeting that afternoon, and a few parents came and picked their kids up at school. I remember some people laughing at the kids that went home. there was no counseling or anything like that. The next day they had metal detectors, which nobody wanted.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

I may be dating myself,but I went to HS in a lil hick town outside of Omaha,nebr.You could tell the date by what was in the back windows of the pickups in the parking lot!Shotguns for pheasant and quail,rifles for deer season,.22 rifles year around. The only issue I ever recall was one student was shot playing with a gun,off campus.Sure,students got into fights,but we duked it out,nothing to do with guns.

top topics

join