It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats will win the 2016 Presidential election in a landslide. (revised)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Nickn3
As a business owner it harder to make a buck under Obama every day.

What kind of business do you own where the President of the United States is personally responsible for your success or failure?

Alas...the party of responsibility...

I own a small construction company. Less than 50 employees, Navagating health care and the AHC system cost me a fortune.

As an employer I feel that all I get from the US government is more rules, red tape, responsibilities, and bull #.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
The actions of the Right Wing and the Republicans have come back to bite them in the ass. A complete troll was able to take the GOP nomination and the Right Wing minions regurgitate the propaganda and buzzwords without a second thought.

They are brainwashed and it is tearing the party to pieces.

What they have done may possibly guarantee that an entire generation may see nothing but Democrats in the White House.

Apparently they want to see the GOP shreded so that Trump can remake the Republican party in his own image.

Trump is the best thing that's happened to the democrats in a long time. Perhaps that's been the plan all along; Trump is a member of the Actors Union after all. His role as a dip**** certainly convinced me.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

edit on 8-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

What kind of business do you own where the President of the United States is personally responsible for your success or failure?

I own a small construction company. Less than 50 employees, Navagating health care and the AHC system cost me a fortune.

Less than 50 employees means you are not under ACA/Obamacare...

I am confused still how you blame Obama for your business success or failure? Please clarify.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Indigo5

Obviously, your not a business owner....

3 businesses, 12 employees..just under 2.5M in annual revenues this year.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Uh, maybe you misunderstood me. I'm not advocating those things, NWtrucker and I were discussing the things Hilary will do when she's coronated by CNN.

And I explained that the GOP have been stealing the tax revenues that already exist for gas and airline tickets (TSA).

States Siphon Gas Tax for Other Uses
Makes Them More Reliant on Federal Assistance for New Infrastructure
www.wsj.com...

Airlines Want Government to Return Diverted TSA Funding
www.travelpulse.com...

So while you bitch about taxes going up on airline tickets or gas...I say the question would not even be on the table if those funds marked for infrastructure and TSA had not been stolen.

Why refill the honeypot just to be looted MORE...
edit on 8-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I am confused still how you blame Obama for your business success or failure? Please clarify.

You are correct. Employers with less than 50 full-time employees, not just 50 in total, are not bound to the shared responsibility provision.

www.irs.gov...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Really? then tell me if you supplied a health plan for your employees prior to the A.C.A., and if so,what happened to the rates since then...

How you can be 'confused' is almost unbelievable, even if you didn't have a company supplied health care plan there is NO WAY you wouldn't have heard the anguish from your peers regarding their inability to supply an affordable plan and likely the loss of employees to large companies that had the volume to supply an affordable plan. (Nothing new in a gov't program benefitting the big boys)

It, frankly, makes me more than a bit skeptical about your intentions as I have first hand experience with this and it's nation-wide.....
edit on 8-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Again, it's not the GOP stealing the revenues for other than the intended services. Every state does it no matter who's running the show.

The vested interest is actually in the Democrat camp more so than the GOP as it affords them the opportunity at election time-here we go again- to use the infrastructure as an excuse to further increase taxes and feed the appropriate unions.

Missouri, for example, via plebiscite forced the state gov't to place all vehicle sales taxes into the infrastructure. That was enough to vastly improve what was previously a lousy highway system.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Correct more than 25 but less than 50 means we qualify for nothing. We have bad rates because of lower number of participants. The insurance company's push us around to comply with the AHC rules.

Small business rarely qualify for any kind of Goverment program, we just get to pay for them.

My business isn't failing, we are doing ok. 34 years strong. But it tuff to stay afloat in an environment that appears to be anti business. I pay much more to the government and insurance company's, than my business makes. Most small business do.

edit on 8-6-2016 by Nickn3 because: More info.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Your original OP and your
posts following read like sobering truths .
And ones that I can tell can now be taken
with your head held high and more in stride w your
rightish centrist self. I don't like Hillary.
But I love my country. So I'm not willing to
throw it under the bus.

Especially, what this country could be,
if Corporate Lawyers at the behest of Billionaires
could no longer exploit it/us.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

How do republicans ever win presidential elections?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Really? then tell me if you supplied a health plan for your employees prior to the A.C.A., and if so,what happened to the rates since then...

No..I did not supply healthcare prior to or after ACA. I pay my people (A) Over market rates in general comp because they are high performers and (B) Tack on 15K annually for each of them to let them shop for their own health insurance. I did this before ACA and after ACA...because shopping around for competitive policies is time consuming and someone was always not happy with the plan I signed onto. I give them additional money (more than an expensive policy would cost) and let them go out and comparison shop for themselves and get their own plans.

How you can be 'confused' is almost unbelievable, even if you didn't have a company supplied health care plan there is NO WAY you wouldn't have heard the anguish from your peers regarding their inability to supply an affordable plan and likely the loss of employees to large companies that had the volume to supply an affordable plan.

Most of my competitors did not supply health insurance at all before ACA. Did you forget about that being near universal common practice for small businesses? Some of my competitors have been forced by ACA to provide HC now because they have more than 50 people, some with less than 50 provide HC to avoid losing talent to places that do provide it. I walk the middle line in giving my people more than enough to go out and find a policy that suits them.

If you run your business right...the people that work for you give a return far in excess of what you pay them. I pay my people more in the HC earmarked Bonus than I would if I shopped for policies and bought the policy myself..but this way they get exactly what they want and keep the change and I don't have to deal with Insurance companies...which I hated to do..

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Fair enough. More than fair, actually. Most small businesses don't have that luxury.

I suppose the chosen field has much to do with it, profit-wise. Again. it's the bigger companies that win out. Nothing new there....

P.S. Of course, the opportunity to 'grow' just got way tougher for the small guy as well. You now have the additional barrier of the A.C.A. demands if your business grows above the 50 employee level. Another nail in the coffin of U.S. business....unless your a biggie, that is.

edit on 8-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Trust me on this, I don't count Trump out. The runway is long and rough.....

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Or as I like to say...the night is long, and full of terrors....

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Trust me on this, I don't count Trump out. The runway is long and rough.....

And the GOP isn't making it any easier. Can he stop this mutiny in his own party?

www.rawstory.com...

edit on 9-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm betting wiser and cooler heads will prevail in the GOP. Adapt or perish.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join