It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC= Kentucky Fried Cruelty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The main problems with KFC chicken are the antibiotics, growth hormones, and the way it is prepared. I rarely but occasionally eat KFC Chicken when short on time. The moost recent time I noticed that it was extremely salty. What is that about? I think you're begging for serious health problems if you eat that kind of food very often because of the antibiotics, hormones, salt, and deep fryer trans-fatty acids which are known killers.

Regardiing the cruelty to animals issue, chicken processing is unbelievably efficient. The behavior displayed by those workers is just pure unadulterated sadistic cruelty against completely defenseless creatures. I wouldn't trust types like that on the same city block with a child or any other vulnerable person. Their conduct reveals their character.

Chickens have a self preservation instinct. They retreat from threats of harm. When taken to slaughter they display a keen awareness and apprehension of what is happening, like most animals in that situation.

Recall that the animals all went to higher ground before the tsunami hit in SE Asia, including the chickens! it was the humans who stood there watching as the tsumani came crashing down on top of them. So, under some circumstances they display more intelligence than humans, no?

On the other hand, it's unlikely that you'll ever hear a chicken say "I think, therefore I am" or solve an advanced calculus equation.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I love KFC chicken.

There's no such thing as a true vegetarian. Last I heard, they were modifying some veggies with the pig gene secretly for starters.

Also the "vegetarians" I have observed aren't so healthy. They smoke, take quite a few meds (probably partly due to the health deficiency caused by not getting enough nutrients from their diet), like a lot of sweets (go figure), to name a few characteristics. Haha.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
I love KFC chicken.

There's no such thing as a true vegetarian.

Not true at all! Do you have links that imply that? Absolutely not true!

Also the "vegetarians" I have observed aren't so healthy. They smoke, take quite a few meds (probably partly due to the health deficiency caused by not getting enough nutrients from their diet), like a lot of sweets (go figure), to name a few characteristics. Haha.

Maybe from the vegatarians "you" have known....but this is most certanly not the case for the majority by any stretch of the imagination!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I just bought a magazine called "vegetarian" not one thing in there has meat, so I would like to say that if there is a magazine out there called vegetarian most likely there are millions of people out there who do not eat meat.

Nice recipes and good for you too...

I was kept updated on the kfc trial and peta lost. They wanted to make animal slaughter more humane but apparantly the judge didn't think so.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Instar, your “signature” asks: If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman there to hear him; Is he still wrong?

Better to ask: Why is he talking to himself in the forest? Is he schizophrenic? Where’s the nearest therapist? Where’s his medication?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm a member!!

Popeyes Chicken is far and away better than KFC.
Truth be told, I slaughterd animals on my grandparents farm.....pigs are the worst...especially since my grandmother bled them for blood sausage. I would guess that the lion's share of slaughterhouses are humane....but I have been buying organic & free range for some time now, so I'm a bit more comfortable with the product & how they met their demise.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Now PETA is trying to save the chickens. What's next, the plants we eat? (future headline: sports cancelled due to cruelty to the grass)

Here's a great new conspiracy theory:

PETA's goal is the mass starvation of humanity by outlawing all possible foods.

XL5

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wow could you imagine a world if they used thier ability to get "the dirt", on dirty politics/management/public services and greedy people in positions of power. Then every body would agree and fight with them!

But really, just because people who work for KFC do that to chickens doesn't mean you should stop eating chicken. Eat it from somewhere else and don't support KFC.

You should see the show "how its made" for a segment on eggs or something like that, where the baby chicks are being rolled and dropped from the belts and paddles and rollers. "Sleeping gas" doesn't come cheap, nor does an automated killing machine that does it perfect every time, however bubba will do it for free.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
damn double post

[edit on 19-1-2005 by bordnlazy]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy

Yum! Brands, parent company of KFC, is committed to the humane treatment of animals.

Yum! Brands is the owner of restaurant companies and, as such, does not own, raise, or transport animals.

www.kfc.com...

Above is a quote from the kfc website, Do these people realize that Kfc doesn't own any slaughter houses? they simply buy their supplies like most resturaunts.

Personally the video was pretty disturbing, but i'm guessing these guys must really hate these chickens , having to do it day in day out prolly for 10hrs a day! It probably has an affect on people.

i've always been curious about animal rights people though, what makes a a chicken more important than some kid in thailand being sold into prostitution? Or a 9yr old working a full 50yr job in a factory in central america? I'm not saying that we shouldn't treat animals well , or that these guys toturing the chicken don't have any issues, just that their are greater injustices in the world to worry about.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by bordnlazy]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
While I don't agree with that sort of treatment to chickens and it is cruel, in fact it's downright sickening and I'm shocked that a human being can be so vicious to an innocent animal, I'm not going to stop eating chicken over it.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
I do not like PETA and the people that represent it but I also do not like a bunch of redneck hillbillys beating up my supper and yes it is not right for the chickens.Keep in mind that people from this part of the country are probably getting paid 7 bucks a hour and still do not understand why they can't date their sister.

You, my friend, have lost any bit of respect or credibility in my eyes. You have just generalized an entire section of the country, just another form of bigotry.

BTW, when I go fishing, I hammer the fish upside the head to kill it. Is this considered animal cruelty by PETA? Anyways, as others have said, if this is how KFC kills chicken in your eyes, then just don't eat there. We, as consumers, must take responsibility into our own hands, not try and legislate it. But, I will remain skeptical as to whether or not this really is a KFC slaughterhouse. Where's the proof?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Abuse of animals is not appropriate. Yes PETA has the right to raise this as an issue even if im not for their group. How many jobs are going to be lost at that chicken plant full of low education/wages workers in most likley a rural area? How many jobs will be affected at KFC? How many millions of meat eating citizens MUST have food to eat in order to survive?

Yes, our food production for animal products is less than humane in some respects, but it has to be efficient and reasonable safe enough to supply human needs first. Animal needs arent being considered because the plant isnt looking at 1 or 2 chickens, but thousands a day...all there to die.

Now a few bone heads have screwed their company and fellow employees
and PETA can help increase the cost of chicken as new regulations and requirement cost will get passed to us...do we feel beter now, not going to eat meat any more?

The idiots that were abusing the animals probably are high school educated at best...they make about minimum wage to work in a hot room, where cages of live chickens get dumped in front of them, so that they can grab the bird by the legs, flip him over (while the bird is crapping all over) and hang him by his feet in little leg cuffs on a moving overhead track.
sound like a fun job? Imagine the kind of person that would take such a job....do you expect alot of higher refinements?

Now tho, because of nimrods, a whole company of workers is jepordised, in an industry that will keep processing birds, some of which may become abused. Nothing has really changed except that PETA has scored a shock and awe victory.

Eat me PETA!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Instar, your “signature” asks: If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman there to hear him; Is he still wrong?

Better to ask: Why is he talking to himself in the forest? Is he schizophrenic? Where’s the nearest therapist? Where’s his medication?

LMAO could be speaking to another guy ! Wheres your meds?

Yes, our food production for animal products is less than humane in some respects, but it has to be efficient and reasonable safe enough to supply human needs first.

like this?
www.britishmeat.com...

[edit on 063131p://14016 by instar]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
dont killers of humans usually begin with the well...depraved killling of animals....is it a good idea to enjoy death.....even so called barbarians and pagans gave thanks.....should anything alive experience a brutal end......quick yes....weird no.....

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Cazmedia says:

Now tho, because of nimrods, a whole company of workers is jepordised, in an industry that will keep processing birds, some of which may become abused. Nothing has really changed except that PETA has scored a shock and awe victory.

That's right, Caz, shoot the damn messenger. Shouldn't have made this public. After all, it's between the chickens and their abusers. Other than that, you're right on. That sort of thing doesn't happen without the company's awareness and it's unlikely to have been a single incident.

Instar says:

He could be speaking to another guy. Where's your meds?

Then they both forgot their meds. And yes, he's still wrong. The absence of a woman doesn't make him right. Why is he hiding in the forest to begin with? Can't he just tell her to her face?

My meds? I never started taking them.

[edit on 1/20/2005 by dubiousone]

[edit on 1/20/2005 by dubiousone]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
bahhh some people are so messed up!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Instar says:
quote: He could be speaking to another guy. Where's your meds?

Then they both forgot their meds. And yes, he's still wrong. The absence of a woman doesn't make him right. Why is he hiding in the forest to begin with? Can't he just tell her to her face?

My meds? I never started taking them.

ROFLMAO
You should know there is no real sexist sentiment intended on my part, i just found the sig funny ok. Peace !

p.s. maybe hes in the forest because she got the house? LOL

[edit on 093131p://21019 by instar]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Dubiousone,
when i spoke of "nimrods" in my statement you quoted from, i meant the nimrods committing the animal cruelty, not PETA....
tho i think PETA indeed could qualify.

P-eople
E-at
T-asty
A-nimals

Know thy place on the food chain!!

Ill take a bucket of extra crispy, an order of wings, and a coke!
To go

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

They weren't doing it for thier own ammusement it was just the most efficient way they had to kill the chickens. It certainly is a horrible video

Umm I would have thought the most effecient way to kill a chicken was
to lop of it's head, like my dad used to do.

[sarcasm] I don't seem to remember him twisting of their beaks or anything
else for that matter[/sarcasm]

[edit on 21-1-2005 by madhatter]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join