It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC= Kentucky Fried Cruelty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Any member ot this "organization" should be required to work in a slaughterhouse for 1 year. Wear FUR during that time and go hunting for every animal of bird available for that entire YEAR and KILL one of each. Only then will they have any "moral" standing to "preach" to anyone about cruelity to animals.

How do you figure that? Thats as twisted as hell!

If you read alot of his posts you will come to realise he is twisted. Not that it matters on a forum such as this. Each to there own and all that...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster[...] Workers were caught on video; stomping on chickens, kicking them, [...]

More evidence of the 'end of the world' for me I'm afraid to say.
Chickens today, 'other' people tomorrow.

If you have the lack of wisdom and moral judgement, moral fibre even, to act with compassion towards animals, then I suggest - that you will not be especially squeamish if compelled, asked, or otherwise told to do the same to 'other' people (maybe by the voices in your head).

I can fully accept that some people may regard animals as food, but it eating something doesn't mean you have to torture it first (unless it's a [KFC] worker of course).

How many serial killers, rapists, wife beaters and kiddie fiddlers have a history of animal cruelty ? Plenty I'd expect .

Personally, I think the original news article has spelt 'workers' incorrectly.
I wouldn't waste the faeces from my boots on these 'people'.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

If you have the lack of wisdom and moral judgement, moral fibre even, to act with compassion towards animals, then I suggest - that you will not be especially squeamish if compelled, asked, or otherwise told to do the same to 'other' people (maybe by the voices in your head).

Or your military superiors.................

cant agree more!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster

But if you believe being at the top of the food chain gives you the right to exploit those below you, watch out! You know what they say about Reptillians!

Yes. Lions exploit gazelles, gators exploit water buffalo, orcas exploit seals. That's how the food chain works.

The problem I have with vegetarianism is the same problem I have with most organized religion. It applies a different standard to human animals than the rest of the animals on earth. That is simply an arbirtrary belief.

I don't like being preached to, or told that I'm being immoral (I'm talking about you here, just generalizing from experience). If that is your belief, then that's fine you have every right to it. What you don't have the right to do is proselytize.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, this ranks right with the kosher slaughterhouse video. Once again I have to state being a country girl I don't have the weak spot in my heart that the fanatical PETA people do for animals, but it comes down to logic and doing something efficiently versus doing it in what I've got to state are pretty twisted and cruel ways.

Killing a chicken is pretty easy...whack, head gone, deed done. Why would you want to slam a chicken against a wall, or jump up and down on them unless you're a twisted sick bastard?

*please don't answer my question...I really don't want to know the answer - it was rhetorical*

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think chickens are unconscious. When you see a wolf eating a chicken in the wild do you call that animal cruelty. NO, YOU CALL IT...NATURE!

If these workers don't have anything better to do then strangle the chickens, then I say LET THEM STRANGLE THEM! I don't see this as a big story!

EDIT:Grammar

[edit on 16-1-2005 by MysticalUnicorn]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yes. Lions exploit gazelles, gators exploit water buffalo, orcas exploit seals. That's how the food chain works.

The problem I have with vegetarianism is the same problem I have with most organized religion

Neither vegetarianism nor the food chain have a dam thing to do with deliberate cruelty!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

If these workers don't have anything better to do then strangle the chickens, then I say LET THEM STRANGLE THEM! I don't see this as a big story!

Absolutely nothing mystical about you, based on that attitude, sometimes a few words speak volumes!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0951

Originally posted by dollmonster[...] Workers were caught on video; stomping on chickens, kicking them, [...]

More evidence of the 'end of the world' for me I'm afraid to say.
Chickens today, 'other' people tomorrow.

I can fully accept that some people may regard animals as food, but it eating something doesn't mean you have to torture it first (unless it's a [KFC] worker of course).

How many serial killers, rapists, wife beaters and kiddie fiddlers have a history of animal cruelty ? Plenty I'd expect .

Personally, I think the original news article has spelt 'workers' incorrectly.
I wouldn't waste the faeces from my boots on these 'people'.

Okay, you actually make a real good point here - in the extreme. The problem I have with these videos (this one and the cattle slaughterhouse one) is that it is concerning to see a measure of human cruelty added to something that can be done quickly, efficiently and minimal pain to the animal.

I personally ignore the vegetarians who have their moral dogmas against eating any animals. I say to them "my heart weeps for the wheat you thrashed!"...you get my point, but my concern is what CAN lead to humanity when we see unnecessary cruelty and do nothing about it - it doesn't matter if the object of that cruelty is human or not, it can lead to no good when left unchecked.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ok let me step in for a second.. can we forget about the PETA for a second
and think of the birds being killed the wrong way not the right way its spose too.. being stomped on the floor for example now it has germs and all that and its given to you later on to eat i see people saying i dont care as long as i get it ok thats fine no problem but would you take a apple from your local grocery store that fell on the floor? no. exactly so its the same thing with the chickens except its an apple or whatever you may want to substitute it for.. the thing is its not that i dont care about the PETA its that we have to get them out of the subject for a second and talk about the birds not only for being food but the way they are being treated to become your stomped to death food that your consuming.. now that sounds right feel free to quote me to death.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
ive pretty much given up on all fast food. burger king out, mcdonalds out, kfc out. i got food poisoning from kfc once after eating their popcorn chicken which is all the left over bits thrown together. it's not all that tasty, its not healthy...why do we eat it?? give me a nice fresh pizza from dominoes any day of the week.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
[...] it is concerning to see a measure of human cruelty added to something that can be done quickly, efficiently and minimal pain to the animal.

Exactly, eating is one thing, sadistic barbarity is quite another. Killing chickens decently is neither dangerous nor time consuming.

Originally posted by Valhall
I personally ignore the vegetarians who have their moral dogmas against eating any animals. I say to them "my heart weeps for the wheat you thrashed!"...you get my point, but my concern is what CAN lead to humanity when we see unnecessary cruelty and do nothing about it - it doesn't matter if the object of that cruelty is human or not, it can lead to no good when left unchecked.

I'm vegan, but I don't have a problem with anyone eating meat (especially my own animals) but, and this is the distinction - if you are going to do it - show some humanity about it, give them good and decent lives, and kill them properly: quickly, without suffering and well away from their peers (or just keep them as pets and live happily ever after :lol
Err, sorry, back on track again ...

... I agree entirely, the object of the cruelty doesn't matter in the slightest, but the act itself, and those who carry it out need special attention.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar

Absolutely nothing mystical about you, based on that attitude, sometimes a few words speak volumes!

I'm not saying it's normal. I'm just saying it isn't a big deal. I hate these animal activists. They annoy me so much. Bunch of hyprocrites. A lot of things are made from animals so who really cares.

I feel that my position on your animal cruelty does not make me UN-MYSTICAL. It's just saying I don't really care.

Frankly, I find strangling chickens is a little bit weird.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Enough of the PETA bashing. They are a great caring organization!

PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) should not be made fun of!

Check out their website...

mtd.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think that this shows that these people are frustrated about their own socio-economic situation and take out there frustrations on the chickens, really they would like to tear of the beak of their annoying plantmanager, but they need the relatively lousy wage for their rough and hard work..

I sure hope that plants get more automated.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) should not be made fun of!

Yeah, that other organization merely shows their ignorance. While it may be cruel at what some 'backwood' slaughter-house employees may be doing, the chickens are going to end up in someones frying pan, pot, or oven!

Does PETA (the idiot ones) really think that 'meat-eaters' care about their agenda when the we're chomping down on a tasty drumstick and devouring tasty chicken wings?

I've got one thing to say to PETA (the idiot ones), leave me alone, I'm trying to eat!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The real crime is you pay more for "the Colonel" than you do for the chicken. Advertising expense for KFC is the biggest portion of thier fixed cost.
Also, the geneticly altered "chickens" are really just 6 week old pullets when butchered. Ever notice how small the parts are lately?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

I've got one thing to say to PETA (the idiot ones), leave me alone, I'm trying to eat!

Good, I hope you enjoy that meat in your meal. Without decent animal husbandry to sustain good healthy stock, it could be one of the last pieces of meat you eat.

Whether you like [some of] the people who draw attention to animal welfare or not, the 'relative' quality of your 'farmed' meat would decline immediately in the rush toward profit, and you'd end up with absolutely antibiotic and hormone saturated, genetically altered unidentifiable carcass in absolutely no time at all.

So please, tuck in and enjoy.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
1. Any member ot this "organization" should be required to work in a slaughterhouse for 1 year. Wear FUR during that time and go hunting for every animal of bird available for that entire YEAR and KILL one of each.

2. Only then will they have any "moral" standing to "preach" to anyone about cruelity to animals.

ATS sometimes throws up statements where the reasoning (logical, moral or otherwise) defies description.

Can anyone flesh out the causal link between (1) and (2) above???

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I came to the same conclusion as Countermeasure regarding workers venting their frustration on defenseless chickens.

Does the horrors of this job create these sociopaths? Or does the nature of the job attract them? I'd be willing to bet these people become criminals if they aren't already.

I've known this kind of hatred intimately! It's a dark, dark energy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join