It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC= Kentucky Fried Cruelty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is just one example of why I recently became a vegetarian;

In July 2004, PETA (people for the ethical treatment of animals) revealed the results of an investigation into a KFC-supplying slaughterhouse. Workers were caught on video; stomping on chickens, kicking them, violently slamming them against floors and walls, ripping their beaks off, twisting their heads off, spitting tobacco into their eyes and mouths, spray-painted their faces, and squeezing them so hard they expelled feces—all while the chickens were still alive.

You can view the video and read all about the investigation here: www.peta.org...

[edit on 1/16/2005 by dollmonster]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Bleh. I really dont care as long as I get my chicken. Those PETA members are just big hyprocrites. I recently saw a video of one of those PETA people talking about animal cruelty when she was wearing a fur coat.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Big deal. They're chickens. It's not like they benefit us in any way except by providing us with food. I will start caring about the treatment of animals just as soon as animals start doing things that are worthy of my praise. Like solve a math problem or talk.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Look at it this way, if we didn't eat chickens, what would happen to them? Would they serve no purpose but to roam around like wild animals and breed? If this happened, would there be a population explosion? If it didn't, would chickens just become extinct? The point is, chickens exist for the purpose of being food, not pets. Are you saying you have some really clever technique to kill chickens that isn't inhumane?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
As a member of PETA myself, I can tell you firsthand that no spokesperson of theirs would wear fur. They don't even advocate leather shoes.

Unfeeling people like yourself are the reason this cruelty exists. Obviously you are ignorant to the true nature of chickens. They are intelligent, feeling animals with as much right to humane treatment as you or I.

But if you believe being at the top of the food chain gives you the right to exploit those below you, watch out! You know what they say about Reptillians!

Urn

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
just because we use them for food doesnt meen we should rip their beaks off and other cruel and unusual sh*t ......

thats just friggin disgusting...

anybody who would torture an animal for their own amusment should be shot in the face...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Dollmonster; I had given up KFC years ago, you are right the way they treat these birds is terrible. In addition, there are the antibiotics and drugs that are pumped into these birds to keep them well and gain weight. This cannot be healthy for human consumption, not to mention what they feed these animals; they collect their droppings, which is then mixed with other body parts of animals. These are then made into food pellets and the process starts again,

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
They weren't doing it for thier own ammusement it was just the most efficient way they had to kill the chickens. It certainly is a horrible video.

Edit:
KFC down here in Australia pays 4.17315 USD and hour for the first 6 months then 6.67704 USD untill your 18.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Th0r]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I do not like PETA and the people that represent it but I also do not like a bunch of redneck hillbillys beating up my supper and yes it is not right for the chickens.Keep in mind that people from this part of the country are probably getting paid 7 bucks a hour and still do not understand why they can't date their sister.

Urn

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   

stomping on chickens, kicking them, violently slamming them against floors and walls, ripping their beaks off, twisting their heads off, spitting tobacco into their eyes and mouths, spray-painted their faces, and squeezing them so hard they expelled feces

this is the most efficient way of killing them?????

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
None of that was shown in the video.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Th0r]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
If in fact they are killing chickens (one of my favorite foods) this way, then I would consider that cruel. I love chicken but believe that any animal that I eat should be killed in the quickest way possible. I do not believe chickens are intelligent as one poster put it. Intelligent as compared to???

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Whilst not a vegetarian, (alive) chickens come #3 on my best loved animals list, right after cats and dogs respectively. After living with chickens for 20 years since I was born, they gave me a lot of happiness by watching them eg - have a 'dirt' bath in the garden, follow me back to the chicken pen when it was time for food, etc.

Any uneccessary deliberate cruelty is wrong IMO, especially on defenseless birds who provide food for people. Cruelty to humans and animals makes me sick. I have no idea why people do this, perhaps their compassion is non-existant or they have quite a few unresolved issues so they 'torture' the chickens to temporarily bury the anger / hate they have deep inside.

As a side not, as cats being no. 1 on my favorite animals list.. I saw a video where they 'spun' a cat around on a tiled floor for about 5 minutes. After the first half minute it stopped meowing in terror, they let it walk around afterwards, I was surprised it wasn't dead as they used the exact treatment a while ago to treat mentally disturbed people, quite often they would die from the 'spinning' treatment. Having dealt with a lot of anger previously in the past few years (unrelated to animal abuse) I felt it well up once again thinking about this video. I hope the cats scratched their eyes out in their sleep. Gah.

- Nazgarn

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Yea, I remember reading about this earlier this year. I no longer buy any food from KFC.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BangorangRufio
Big deal. They're chickens. It's not like they benefit us in any way except by providing us with food. I will start caring about the treatment of animals just as soon as animals start doing things that are worthy of my praise. Like solve a math problem or talk.

You dont think animals benifit us in anyway other than being food? My god how ignorant some folk are, I could fill this thread with examples! Your post is almost too silly for words!
Blind dogs
deaf dogs
bomb dogs
drug dogs
cadaver dogs
hunting dogs
Thats just dogs alone! now do you see the ignorance of your post?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Are you saying you have some really clever technique to kill chickens that isn't inhumane?

Yes cervical dislocation ! Clever is a word I cant put to rest of your post.
chicken population explosion, useless wild animals indeed!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Any member ot this "organization" should be required to work in a slaughterhouse for 1 year. Wear FUR during that time and go hunting for every animal of bird available for that entire YEAR and KILL one of each. Only then will they have any "moral" standing to "preach" to anyone about cruelity to animals.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   

They weren't doing it for thier own ammusement it was just the most efficient way they had to kill the chickens. It certainly is a horrible video.

yeah right!
Wheres my BS flag?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
People,chickens are still chickens.They are meant for consumption and as a pet to some people.However,the treatments of the chickens in the slaughter house clearly shows the cruelty of man and it is very dispicable of them to do so.Aren't there any other better way of killing those chickens like..I don't know maybe some kind of "sleeping" gas?

I believe there is saying by the WWF :"only we have power to protect these animals" or something like that but KFC too have its saying :"finger lickin' good!!

For your information,I am against animal cruelty and so should you.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Any member ot this "organization" should be required to work in a slaughterhouse for 1 year. Wear FUR during that time and go hunting for every animal of bird available for that entire YEAR and KILL one of each. Only then will they have any "moral" standing to "preach" to anyone about cruelity to animals.

How do you figure that? Thats as twisted as hell!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join