It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Was Right: Mexico is sending it's people to America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
If only good people are coming, then why are the ones coming to Arizona committing felony crimes at such a high rate?

I don't think anyone has ever said that only good people are hoping the border.

No, but to hear the illegal defenders talk, the number of lawbreakers is tiny...it's not.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Trump probably could have worded his statement better, but from where I am ( Arizona ) , he is not completely wrong. While Illegals only make up about 9% of Maricopa county's population ( the 7th highest county rate in the US ) , they make up almost a quarter of all FELONY prosecutions. While illegals only make up 6% of the statewide population, they make up 17% of the DOC population, but that number is skewed and should even be higher. Convicted illegals are given the option of signing an agreement to be deported without hearing as soon as their sentence is up here in Arizona. In exchange they only have to serve 50% of their time, while everybody else serves at least 85%. If they had to complete their entire sentence then the number would be much higher. If only good people are coming, then why are the ones coming to Arizona committing felony crimes at such a high rate?

You mean his words were pretty much right on the money? “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. […] They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

If he had said the last sentence first, it would have been less incendiary...more like: Some that are coming in, I'm sure, are good people. But, many have lots of problems and they are bringing those problems with them....drugs, crime, rapists.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

No, but to hear the illegal defenders talk, the number of lawbreakers is tiny...it's not.

It is a fraction.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

That's exactly why I said he could have worded it better. Point out the good people first, then attack the trash.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It is a fraction.

And that fraction here in Arizona is at least one tenth...an unacceptable number. Think about it....if you knew that one tenth of Middle Eastern immigrants were ISIS members, would you not demand things be done differently?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

It would appear the violence has already arrived.
www.breitbart.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Los Zetas Cartel Fires RPG at Police HQ Within Miles of Texas Border
www.breitbart.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Mexican Cartel Smugglers Open Fire on U.S. Federal Agents at Texas Border
www.breitbart.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Mexico Continues to Find Mass Graves as Violence Continues

God be with you and your fellow countrymen.

link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

If only good people are coming, then why are the ones coming to Arizona committing felony crimes at such a high rate?

Because it is well known that Nazi Joe the Sheriff of Maricopa county will happily walk by a white person committing a crime if he can bust a Mexican for walking down the street.

link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: TheBulk

Fun fact, more Mexicans are leaving the US then entering.

From your mouth to God's ear.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

And that fraction here in Arizona is at least one tenth...an unacceptable number.

But not "And some, I assume, are good people." either and this is about those words not what is or isn't acceptable in anyones opinion.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Any amount of felonious crime is too much by these people.

They are illegal to begin with. They should be walking a squeaky clean line. If 1,000,000 illegals come here each year, and only 5% commit rape, murder, and other felonies, that's 50,000 felonious crimes. Tell that to the people that deal with it every day, especially in border towns and states. Tell it to Kate's parents and others whose children were molested, whose teen was murdered, whose homes and businesses have been decimated due to constant burglaries and robberies. Illegal immigration has to stop and controlled careful immigration implemented. IMO, Obama has broken the laws by not allowing them to be enforced vigorously.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Because it is well known that Nazi Joe the Sheriff of Maricopa county will happily walk by a white person committing a crime if he can bust a Mexican for walking down the street.

Another outsider thinking he knows how things are here. Fact...you rarely see MCSO in Phoenix, Mesa,Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, Peoria, and Glendale. They have their own large police forces and do their own patrolling. Those cities also make up about 80% of the county. You do see MCSO in county islands, the far west Valley, and the retirement communities of Sun City, Sun City West, Youngtown, as well as Fountain Hills, unincorporated parts of the county, and patrolling the 303 in the west valley as per agreement with DPS. If Joe's boys stopped all arrests there would hardly be an impact on the numbers.

As for your other statement...all numbers I put forth were for felony crimes. That is a far cry from your " walking down the street"
edit on 8-6-2016 by Arizonaguy because: forgot Tempe

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Any amount of felonious crime is too much by these people.

Sure but it doen't make Trumps words true. That is what the thread is about.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I can't fully disagree with you on this but why the change of heart? You use to say screw the borders and and screw the government but now you sing a different tune.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

We are already the most giving country in the world in regards to legal immigration how much more giving do we need to get?

Give an inch take a foot.

Time to take the inch back.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I don't think anyone has ever said that only good people are hoping the border.

From the GAO.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I'm sure you have proof of this, I bet Mark Grace would disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What is "tiny"?

What is "some"?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I'm sure you have proof of this, I bet Mark Grace would disagree with you.

Actually Mark Grace was arrested by Scottsdale PD, who I left off my list. It doesn't matter, Buster's comment is still poppycock.
edit on 8-6-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
I've heard over and over that Donald Trump was wrong and racist for suggesting Mexico was sending us their poor and their criminals. The fact is Mexico has been doing this for a long time. It's a benefit for them to send America their poor and their bad people so they don't have to deal with them. Plus, those people send a lot of their money back to Mexico, which is an added benefit. I honestly have no idea how Americans can deny this or defend it.

This is wrong on so many levels. First of all, Mexican criminals don't want to come to the US. They have a much easier time getting by in Mexico, where the police aren't that efficient, and the cops are more corruptible. In fact, the US has to make special efforts to get Mexican authorities to deport the criminals to the US, so they can stand trial here. Every time the Mexicans capture some drug lord, and lock him up, he manages to escape prison over there. They can't keep the bad guys behind bars. When they get into a US jail, there's no way out. What criminal would want to come to the US? Here's a clue, NONE. A Mexican criminal's greatest fear, is being picked up by US police.

The Criminals avoid the US. They rather trick some poor desperate soul into carrying messages and contraband over the border for them, while sitting back home in Mexico, in safety and security, where nobody can touch them.

Second point, the poor can't move. They don't have the money to pay for transportation. They don't have the education to understand what to do, where to go, how to survive.

The Mexicans that come to the US, are just above that. They have just enough money to pay the smugglers to transport them. They have enough common sense and smarts to figure out how to survive. They have the energy and the drive to make it in the new land. The poor usually don't have any energy, nor drive, to do anything.

So, those Mexicans coming to the US are among the best Mexico has to offer. They are the builders and the dreamers, they construct the houses, and work the farms. They work for the dream of making it big one day. They are loyal family members, and send money back home to their siblings and relatives. They are an unselfish lot, putting in the blood and the sweat, for underpaid positions, just to send some money back home, so that others can have a better life over there.

On average, the typical Mexican coming over is the kind of individual the US should want to have as citizens. But, they don't necessarily want to be citizens. They want to earn money.

Of course, among the 20 million or so Mexicans that come here undocumented, there will be a few bad apples. This is inevitable in any group of people. But, don't point to those few exceptions, to paint the whole group. The construction industry wouldn't hire these Mexicans if they were all so bad. America is a capitalist nation, and capitalists recognize a "good value" when they see one. The Mexican worker is a good value. That's how they get jobs, when they come over here.

If these Mexicans were all bad, nobody would hire them, and they would all have to go back to Mexico. Deportation not necessary. You need funds to survive in America. Got to pay for rent, food, etc..all more expensive than back in Mexico. So, only the employable can survive. There's no food stamps for the undocumented.

edit on 8-6-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I wish I had time to tell you how far off base your post is, but I care not to address every single point, but the point about construction....

First, allow me to qualify myself...I have been in the industry for 30 years. First as a laborer, then as an apprentice carpenter, then as a jouneyman, then getting an associates degree at night in construction management while still working full time. Then as several years as site superintendent, all the while working on my BS in Construction Management at night, and currently as a PM. I have built things in PA, NJ, NY, OH, KY, GA, FLA, TX, KS, CO, NM, NV, CA, WA, and AZ.

If you think that illegals are hired for any other reason than to pad the pockets of builders, you are mistaken. There are no trade schools that they attend south of the border. The only skill they possess when they arrive is willingness to work long hours under less than ideal conditions for minimal pay. That's it. Look in any building trades magazine...they all report on complaints being filed due to poor workmanship being WAY UP over the last decade. Guess why? Because the unskilled workers can't do the job correctly. It's a problem every builder will agree on...the level of craftmanship in the building trades has regressed considerably in the last decade or two.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join