It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why can't i post in a certain thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
i am unable to post in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
i am unable to star it or flag it as well, i am able to post in other threads even in the same subforum, my first thought is it must be locked (though i dont see why it would be) but there is no staff posting to the thread to indicate such,

screenshot to show the lack of "reply/quote" buttons imgur.com...

edit on 6/8/16 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

It looks like it has been closed by the mods for review.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

i see, thought they always had to make a post in the thread letting us know about that?
also, why would they? seems like an innocent thread in an innocent subforum, cant make sense of it

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I posted that thread and i'm also curious about this. I suppose it must be locked but I haven't got any message or reason why.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm guessing someone reported it, there is mention of that in there, and seems a lot of posts were off topic, so perhaps it is under review, or simply closed at the ops request? idk.

can't see any moderator posts saying such.. not sure if they have to if the op requests it?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I'm not 100 % sure but I believe that, YOU, as the OP can send a PM to a mod and they will discuss it with you.

But I think only YOU...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt

I was the OP and I didn't request it be closed. I hope the Mods send me a message telling me why its locked.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What human can comprehend the workings of a God like MOD

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
We are looking into it.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

thank you for telling us at least that much.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
What human can comprehend the workings of a God like MOD

I was participating in said thread and tried to keep it civil, it devolved just like I suspected and I went against my own advice and took the bait, what a hypocrite I am, I really mean that...

One of the members in that thread purposely took my post, quoted, and incorrectly portrayed what I meant and loaded it up with name calling.

I had to let loose

@ OP of that thread, if any of my posts had anything to do with your thread being shut down I apologize. I was with yo uon that one. I had your back 100 % versus the obvious T words.

T word?

I meant turtle-necks, not trolls, get your mind out of the gutter

ETA:

That thread was doomed the minute we started accusing specific members.
edit on 8-6-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I believe your thread was moved from one forum to another? Sometimes accidents can happen.

However, all of us staff are from all over the world and different time zones so we're not always all logged in, and it can take time to find out what is going on.

Normally yes, we'd post in the thread and say "Thread closed because of blah blah blah.", so I do suspect this was an accident, but we have to make sure first.

So I'm on top of this for you guys, but please be a bit patient.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Thanks for checking up on this. Much appreciated.!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The thread has been reopened.

As a cautionary concern, please refrain from attacking other members personally.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Sometimes it's hard to not respond when you're attacked. I was surprised by the amount of nastiness and insults thrown around. I definitely will start reporting all the cheezy one-liners in the future.
Sent you a PM.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Sometimes it's hard to not respond when you're attacked. I was surprised by the amount of nastiness and insults thrown around. I definitely will start reporting all the cheezy one-liners in the future.
Sent you a PM.

Thank you for the message, I have responded

Ty moderators for looking into this.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime
You should remember that ATS is also use for psychological experments in group control and mauplition in the same way as facebook and indeed most places like this are. Its a good money earner for ATS so dont feel too bad,perhaps you just fell in to one of them

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: Parafitt

I was the OP and I didn't request it be closed. I hope the Mods send me a message telling me why its locked.

Hmm, strange..

Yeah I saw others say alert it, so I just assumed you'd (or the person I thought was the op, before I got to the first post) was the one who got tired of it being derailed.

hmmm..

top topics

join