It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profusion's Guide to Being Politically Incorrect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Do you want to be so politically incorrect that you turn almost everyone off? Just read my step by step guide to get you started.

Step 1: Attack feminist propaganda

"The Force Awakens" Really Is Feminist Propaganda

Is 'Star Wars' now a vehicle for constant feminist propaganda?

I was accused of "hating women" because of those threads. I have no problem with feminism or feminist propaganda, and I don't hate women at all. I own copies of some movies that I consider to be feminist propaganda. I think they're good movies. Why do we have to fool ourselves about what they are?

I just don't want feminist propaganda in Star Wars. That was the only point I was trying to make. People didn't get it. Next time I would write a disclaimer such as:

"I like feminist propaganda, generally speaking..."

Step 2: Quote an expert who says that all Muslims are extremists

Should we be surprised that TPTB are lenient on Muslim extremism?

I do not have the view that all Muslims are extremists. I was simply pointing out an expert's opinion. I was blasted for that. Information is neutral; facts are not political.

Step 3: Claim that humanity is in a hopeless condition

The idea that humanity can learn from history has been debunked

Delusion was once a beneficial trait for natural selection, IT ISN'T ANYMORE

Almost no one will support the concept that humanity is in a hopeless condition.

Step 4: Claim that parents who are too poor to support children shouldn't be having children

What if children could sue their parents for negligence and malpractice?

If I had any support left after the first three steps, I probably lost it here. I have nothing against poor people; I don't know how anyone could get that impression from the posts I made in the thread linked to directly above.

Step 5: Claim that the vast majority of people are immature

Whatever Happened to Grown-Ups?

Five Reasons Why I Can't Recognize Humanity Anymore

That will turn almost everyone off, tout de suite.

I could add a lot more from my posting history, but the above is enough to turn almost everyone off.

I came to this forum promising myself that I would be totally honest because I didn't want to make any friends online anymore. Now, I have to live with that decision, because if I were an outsider looking in, I wouldn't even want to have a private conversation with myself.
edit on 8-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I hate feminism, but i also know that men are the problem..

There is a group called the rainbow girls.. They like Hollywood, check it out..
Its just about power not equality

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It's all good, Bud. Don't get too worked up over people's opinions and reactions. There is a healthy dichotomy of opinions here, and it's good to listen to each side.

Overall, I'd agree with you for the most part on your posts. I see what you are trying to convey.

You don't hate women. You don't disagree with Muslims as a whole. You don't despise poor people as a whole. And last but not least, I doubt you hate all immature people, simply because they are ignorant to current issues.

We live in interesting times. There are so many political/race/sex/class agendas that we are exposed to daily. And from that, you must form your own opinions.

I find no hatred/fault with your ideas. Just unbiased observation for the most part.

As for "humanity being in a hopeless condition" I must agree as well as disagree.
The vast majority seems a bit hopeless. However, there are many hopeful individuals out there. And if even one person can inspire hope to the masses... Things will turn around.

It's hard to have hope in these current conditions. But if you can, spread da hope!!!

Much love, good vibes to all.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
1) Yeah but the problem is Star Wars isn't feminist propaganda. Look at the Marvel movies and tell me again exactly how much power 'feminist propaganda' has when there isn't even one Marvel superhero movie with a female lead.

2) One guy saying something is not a 'fact', it is the very definition of hearsay.

3) Humanity has been hopeless for all of it's history. So in this I can't disagree with you. Humans have always acted irrationally.

4) My parents were very poor but brought me up fine. But they would have been below any 'recommended minimum child-rearing income', so by this argument are you saying I should have been aborted? It's not a bad idea to encourage people to be able to afford children, particularly if they have multiple children. But how do you enforce it.

5) I think 'maturity' has always been an illusion. We perceive maturity when people agree with us. We perceive immaturity when people contradict us.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Whoa. All of your views are valid and totally understable. But don't claim that the op "thinks you should've been aborted".

That's way, way extreme, and this type of reaction is very detrimental to all ideals.

Please don't ever suggest to someone that they think you should've been aborted. It's the epitome of distasteful.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
My parents were very poor but brought me up fine. But they would have been below any 'recommended minimum child-rearing income', so by this argument are you saying I should have been aborted? It's not a bad idea to encourage people to be able to afford children, particularly if they have multiple children. But how do you enforce it.

I'm not arguing for any legal enforcement concerning people having enough financial resources to support children. My position is that parents who are too poor to support children shouldn't be having children. I was making a philosophical point just in terms of what I think is morally right. I'm not arguing for abortion in those cases, that's a private issue that shouldn't be governed by any authority IMHO. My position is that people who don't have enough financial resources to support children shouldn't be producing pregnancies.

Putting it into law would be wrong IMHO. A government should not have the right to tell people when they can and can't reproduce (outside of extreme situations such as severe retardation IMHO).

originally posted by: seaswine

It's all good, Bud. Don't get too worked up over people's opinions and reactions. There is a healthy dichotomy of opinions here, and it's good to listen to each side.

I'm not getting worked up. I have to live with the consequences of my actions as we all do. I've probably written a thousand things on this forum that are political incorrect or extreme woo woo or just plain sound crazy. I did it because I wanted to be totally honest. I don't regret that decision. If it means that I'm a pariah then I have to accept that.

I already knew being too honest would cause me to be a pariah and I decided I didn't care. It's water under the bridge now.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

He/she never, he/she mentioned the wealth of their parents and asked a question based upon the op's conclussion.

I'd say all in all, mature and reasonable questions.

100 years ago eugenics was gaining popularity, we could have easily lived in a world of forced abortions and strict breeding policies.

Op? The world can be a strange place and it would appear many people have agendas. Ultimately what we do onto others can be done onto us.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You think that disagreement equals dislike? It does not. You cannot have discussions without people who are going to disagree with you.

And yes, there are some that are going to flame you for being controversial and going against the normal grain of their comfort zone. If you are going to come and post what amounts to controversy, then you need to also don asbestos armor and stop caring so much. The sort of person who is going to go off the deep end on you on the internet merely for having a different idea probably isn't all that worthwhile.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You think that disagreement equals dislike? It does not. You cannot have discussions without people who are going to disagree with you.

And yes, there are some that are going to flame you for being controversial and going against the normal grain of their comfort zone. If you are going to come and post what amounts to controversy, then you need to also don asbestos armor and stop caring so much. The sort of person who is going to go off the deep end on you on the internet merely for having a different idea probably isn't all that worthwhile.

Best advice in this thread so far, OP. Listen up.

You keep right on posting your PI threads. The T&C's say nothing about anyone having to like everything you post. I can promise you not everyone likes mine or Ketsy's posts on certain topics. Not even each other. lol.
edit on 6/8/2016 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yes...1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = will do the trick.
Cheers

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Do you want to be so politically incorrect that you turn almost everyone off?

Why would I want to turn people off? Is there some kind of honor in that? What is the benefit? Seems like you may be realizing that turning people off with in-your-face political incorrectness is going to turn people away from you. And it will.

Don't get me wrong, it's your absolute right to get in everyone's face, as long as it is aligned with the T&C here. And I support the right. But I'm not inclined to read a thread that is politically incorrect just for the sake of turning people off.

ketsuko makes great points. If your purpose is to turn people off, don't be complaining when people are turned off.

Just an aside... Donald Trump is politically incorrect for sake of being politically incorrect. And while so many just LOVE that about him, it's also turning people off in droves. If I were to give you unsolicited advice, I'd say to be honest and say what is your truth. But be aware of the impact of your words.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I totally agree with your point of view. The original post was mostly satirical.

The main truth I wanted to express is I believe I've ruined my ability to make friends here. I also wanted to set the record straight on a few things. Being called a "woman hater" really bothered me for instance.

I did a thought experiment. I imagined if I had a friend here and whether that would change the content of my posts. I came to the conclusion that it absolutely would. I would start holding back from the start.

Do you recall the following thread?

Do you engage in self-censorship on this forum?

It seems most people are self-censoring themselves here. I believe if everyone were more like me (being totally honest), this forum would be 100 times better than it is.

And to those who trust strangers here (this is not directed at ketsuko)...how do you know who these people are if they're censoring themselves constantly?

My estimate is that 80%+ of the members of this forum are holding back their true opinions for various reasons (mostly because of peer pressure, whether perceived or otherwise). If I'm right about that, it means that this forum is a complete simulacrum, and nothing here can be trusted on its face.

Personally, I'll be friendless and real rather than popular and fake.

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Why would I want to turn people off? Is there some kind of honor in that? What is the benefit? Seems like you may be realizing that turning people off with in-your-face political incorrectness is going to turn people away from you. And it will.

That aspect of this thread was pure satire. I believe that speaking out against things you see as wrong helps your karma (as long as you're not involved in those things too). One thing I was trying to do with all of the threads I linked to in the original post was to improve my karma.

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Yes...1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = will do the trick.
Cheers

A moment of silence for me, huh?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Oh! I understand the satire now. I thought it was a serious question. That's online communication for you...

I just wanted to say that there are so many times I've wanted to start a thread asking people what impression they have of me because of how "frank" and honest I am here. I've been here for 11 years and I don't lie or censor myself much, and sometimes it has gotten me into "trouble". I think I appear to be a major bitch (and, to be perfectly honest, I kind of am - in this environment). In real life, I'm actually very sweet. (I know... LOL!) But being online is a special circumstance.

This is actually an interesting thread and I want to take more time to read some of your threads linked and then I'll add more.

Another thread I wanted to start... "How are you different online from real life?" I think, if people were as honest as they can be, that we'd find out some very interesting info.

One thing... there's a huge and important difference between being honest and being 'politically incorrect' with the intention[ of confronting people, pissing them off, and/or gaining approval and popularity of your audience. I like to stick to the former, but many today (like Trump, his supporters) choose the latter, and it's the most divisive tactic I've seen in a long time.

There's a lot more to communication than the words we use. Compassion goes a long way.

More later.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Another thread I wanted to start... "How are you different online from real life?" I think, if people were as honest as they can be, that we'd find out some very interesting info.

I started a thread that is very closely related to that topic.

Do you refer to non-Internet activities as "real life"?

top topics

join