It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals Openly Brag About $300k Scholarships on Twitter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So as not to reward and encourage more criminal behavior.

It's real simple.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Gotcha, punish the people that had nothing to do with it!
Gotta set the example for other people! You know we have laws against that as well right?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

If you don't like the laws of this country you have a few options;

1.) Get involved with the executive branch.
2.) Leave the country.
3.) Vote in new politicians.

Don't blame me for expecting the laws to get enforced.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You don't seem to understand how government works.

Back on topic the scholarships are PRIVATE... you do not, we do not pay for them. Some person or people set up a scholarship fund specifically for Dreamers. Dreamers are children of illegal immigrants and they are granted deferred status by the federal government if they were 16 years or younger before 2007.
edit on 6/8/2016 by Kali74 because: my words fell down

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

If you don't like the laws of this country you have a few options;

1.) Get involved with the executive branch.
2.) Leave the country.
3.) Vote in new politicians.

Don't blame me for expecting the laws to get enforced.

Dude your mental gymnastics are amazing, you are talking about punishing innocent people based on the actions of others and you want to lecture me about laws of this nation?
Guess you don't like the constitution, because it has a couple words about how we dish out the law.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You don't seem to understand how government works.

Oh yeah explain that one.

Back on topic the scholarships are PRIVATE... you not we pay for them. Some person or people set up a scholarship fund specifically for Dreamers. Dreamers are children of illegal immigrants and they are granted deferred status by the federal government if they were 16 years or younger before 2007.

Yeah I already know that, undocumented (illegals) people are not eligible for Federal loans or grants. Some states give them out. The rest of scholarships specifically set aside for undocumented people.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Dude your mental gymnastics are amazing, you are talking about punishing innocent people based on the actions of others and you want to lecture me about laws of this nation?

They are undocumented because they were brought here illegally. I'm sorry their parents did that.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

And have since been granted amnesty for it, so if you don't like that then I will refer you to your own list.

I'm sorry their parents did that.

Doesn't sound like you really are, sounds like you want them to be punished for actions they had no choice in and without due process.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

First of all the Executive branch does not make law. The Executive branch is the President and their administration. Congress makes law, they are the Legislative branch, the Judicial branch ensures that laws are Constitutional.

Secondly, there is no tax dollars being put into these scholarships... they are privately funded, meaning that some rich person or people decided they wanted to help these kids who are not legal but didn't break the law either... they had no say in their parents decision. Do you wish to have a law that states that rich citizens can't decide what to do with their money?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Hey the world sucks for billions of people and It bothers me too. It's to bad we can't do everything for everybody in the world but we can't. America first.

The reason why our country has been such a great place to live is because we are a nation of laws that up until recently were applied evenly and objectively.

I'm sorry that bothers you but its the truth.
edit on 6/8/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The President is responsible for implementing and enforcing the laws written by Congress

fine they are the legislative big deal doesnt matter.
edit on 6/8/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Ok so you are just going to keep saying the same thing over and over again and ignore everything else regardless of the facts. You have been learning well from Trump, maybe we do deserve him.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yeah what else do I need to say?

I have to follow all the rules.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

And those kids aren't the ones that broke them you just want to ignore that!

It doesn't encourage anything since no one can qualify for what those kids did. Guess you are just mad that some kids from undocumented parents did well in school and are getting rewarded for it.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Notice how the 42 million legal immigrants and what their kids do has no effect on my opinion?

Also, Asians are the most successful people in this country how come I'm not talking about that?

I guess if i disagree with you I'm racist.

Typical.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Deflection as usual. These kids didn't have the choice to do it legally. I don't know how you can ignore that for so easily. It is almost like if you accept that if blows up your whole argument...

I guess if i disagree with you I'm racist.

Awww cute, you make up your own argument! I never said that and wasn't my implication.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: DeathSlayer

OMG ! the horror

I knew it, this is why the economy is tanking its all these damn illegal students....i am so happy you made me aware of this atrocity

Yeah screw american students who could have got the scholarships!

No gurantee that's the case there is also forign scholarships given. These kids worked very hard and received something for there hard work. IN the case of the kids they can't help there parents decided to break the law. And I'm not going to hold them responsible for the actions of others. This stuff all ready happens far to often with people claiming your esponsubke for the sins of your father great grandfather etc. People are responsible for there actions and there actions alone.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm confused by all the terms being thrown around here. Assuming these kids go through college and get degrees are they even eligible to work at a US company? Or would they be in some sort of limbo?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes the question you all keep asking while ignoring the possibility they were kids taken here by their parents with no choice in the matter. But hey they should be punished for the sins of their fathers, metaphorically and literally I guess.

Apparently. Crimes span generations now. God help someone if their great grandfather was a rapist.

Just look at how some people want to blame white people for slavery and wars of conquest.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

And we hear how that is wrong, because it is...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join