It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals Openly Brag About $300k Scholarships on Twitter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Conservative America is no threat..
The majority of Americans do not hold the beliefs that those backwards thinking trolls do.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: thedarkone9966

I think you're going to be very surprised.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Nope. When the majority of Americans vote, they vote left, when they stay home..the right wins. Thanks to Trump..they will be out in droves to makes sure that fool never gets in.

Besides, I am not sure about that guy, I said this in another thread. He is either really stupid or deliberately tanking the election by saying the most idiotic and ignorant things to alienate a lot of America.
edit on 8-6-2016 by thedarkone9966 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I don't think those kids are the ones who willingly decided to come over illegally but were brought over with their parents.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yeah those children aren't criminals. I'm proud of them for doing so well in school and being so successful.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Those kids also sound like they are go to become pretty successful for this country.

They will become very successful, make great money, and then send the money south of the border to feed their families. So once again, money leaves the country.

That is just wild speculation on your part. These kids obviously have their family already in the states so it is just as likely they would keep the money in the states.

I just don't get why you all are so mad about working hard and then getting the fruits of your labor, isn't that the American way?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Yeah those children aren't criminals. I'm proud of them for doing so well in school and being so successful.

-Alee

And this proves my point and why the system is broken...... if you break the law you are a criminal. No if's and's or buts.

These children are illegal immigrants.....meaning they were not born in the USA and they should not be receiving any benefits if in fact they are in the USA illegally......

illegal - contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.

synonyms: unlawful, illicit, illegitimate, against the law, criminal, lawbreaking, actionable, felonious; More

So an illegal person residing in a country without approval from that government is committing a criminal act. Not hard to understand.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Do you consider them criminals if they had no choice in the manner? Should they have told their parents no, I can't go with you and I'll just stay here where you are leaving.
Oh and if they are Dreamers than they have approval of the US gov.
edit on thWed, 08 Jun 2016 16:17:21 -0500America/Chicago620162180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

We have been very kind to immigrants from around the world. Our kindness is being taken advantage of on a massive scales as you can see with people rubbing it in our face on social media. I am glad they are hard working and get good grades that's amazing, however I am sorry they are rubbing the fact that they took advantage of our system in our face.

If we allow this to continue the taking advantage of our resources for our citizens will not only continue but get worse because people will now know they can openly get away with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Our citizens are getting those same scholarships,just because those kids got some doesn't mean others didn't. Also we don't know the circumstances of how those kids got here. If your parents picked you up and moved you to a new country one day you wouldn't be the wiser of what that means. I don't think they kids should be punished for that. They didn't take advantage of anything, they worked hard and the respected unis rewarded them for it. Guess they should have been punished for their hardwork? If people want them to fail because of actions not of their own, then I hope they do rub it in their face. Guess they weren't PC enough about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

In my state we are cutting funding to public schools. In my city they recently cut funding for technology, industrial arts, and art programs.

How can we afford to educate the worlds kids when we can't afford to educate our own?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Any article that uses Ann Coulter as a source should automatically be thrown into the hoax bin, or in this case be flushed down the toilet.

Any thinking that relies on so much fallacy (in this case, the genetic fallacy), should instantly be suspected of being thought-poor. Your tendency to dismiss argument based on who is arguing it says more about you than anyone else.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm very happy you getting more active on the forums again I really appreciate more intelligent posters.

One can only hope that a few more join you in your return.

Pun intended.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

On top of that, any excerpt that includes 'as Anne Coulter has noted...." is an immediate signal to stop reading, immediately.

No it isn't—well not unless the reader is duped by their own fallacious reasoning.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

That is a deflection of pretty much everything I asked. The schools these kids are going to also front part, if not most depending on what the scholarships are, of the bill, that has nothing to do with the what the state does for public education. Maybe stop voting for the guys that have that as their platform.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Should we educate every kid in the world simply because they are here?

Doesn't that encourage illegal immigration?

I have a friend from Vietnam in California, hes legal, his wife still lives in Vietnam and they have been waiting almost 7 years to get her here legally.

Why does he have to follow the rules and they don't?

Why are we rewarding people who break the rules?

Rewarding people who break the rules encouraged more people to break the rules.

I do not want to pay to educate the entire worlds kids.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Should we educate every kid in the world simply because they are here? Doesn't that encourage illegal immigration?

That isn't what is happening....
It is like you are purposefully ignoring what is going on. Those kids had the qualifications to receive those scholarships, which means they worked for something and based on their results were rewarded for it. That is hardly educating them because they are there.
Those cuts in education are not because of scholarships like this, but because of other bureaucratic BS. Most likely to keep some corporate welfare afloat.

Why does he have to follow the rules and they don't? Why are we rewarding people who break the rules?

Yes the question you all keep asking while ignoring the possibility they were kids taken here by their parents with no choice in the matter. But hey they should be punished for the sins of their fathers, metaphorically and literally I guess.

And of course your usual anecdotal evidence, my bet is there is much more to that issue than your friend wants to tell you if he is here legally and his wife is not.
edit on thWed, 08 Jun 2016 17:27:15 -0500America/Chicago620161580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

One thing that strikes me about that article: it stresses that people who have "paid in for generations" are being screwed over. Think about that for a moment....in context to the history of the US. How many generations should one have paid in before they are eligible for this benefit of being a "citizen"? What if someones lineage was enslaved during that time...do they still qualify even though they weren't "paying in"?

And since we are measuring virtue on a generational level....do we now need to revisit reparations? Should someone whose ancestors owned slaves owe reparations due to the stain of this generational virtue?

How does "paying in for generations" really weigh in here?

This seems like xenophobia to me.

Im more about merit. If smoeone EARNS a scholarship, good for them. This worlds a real bitch, and a person can use whatever help is available to make it.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes the question you all keep asking while ignoring the possibility they were kids taken here by their parents with no choice in the matter. But hey they should be punished for the sins of their fathers, metaphorically and literally I guess.

Apparently. Crimes span generations now. God help someone if their great grandfather was a rapist.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Those kids had the qualifications to receive those scholarships, which means they worked for something and based on their results were rewarded for it.

I agree that they have earned that education.

However that doesn't change the fact that it encourages more illegals to take the risk to come here.

If we keep allowing everyone to reap the benefits of coming here illegally than it totally defeats the purpose of A having laws and B having borders.

We need to stop encouraging illegal immigration. We already have 42 million legal immigrants.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join