It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watergate II: Bush impeachment process

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I said I wouldn't post at any place where they have back up by link. So I kept going down the line, and guess who has a brain and thinks for himself?

THE MASKED AVATAR !!!

Congratulations beauty. You win the prize! You are one of the fine minds of this Century who can actually write intelligent articles without having to be backed up by others' hard work or research.

OOOOOps .... Sorry ! I hope this doesn't get deleted because it's not in the same page frame as your subject is. I really, honestly do not mean to disrupt, disturb or derail. I just figured, that something like this should not go unnoticed. It just may help someone out there who is so awesome, and just doesn't have enough confidence in themself to show their own brain, their own thoughts. I wish you all well. I love you people soooooooooooooooo much !

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
If he gets impeached, which I doubt he will but still, I 'd do a little dance, make a lil love, and basically get down.

AHAHAhahhahhahhaha. IF ANYTHING HAHA....LYSERGIC AHHA, HAS THE RIGHT IDEA!!!

Lets do a little dance, sing a song, and move along. Perhaps the answer will present itself....

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

This time he will make everything so wonderful and keep us safe from those pesky terrorist, all while North Korea says it will rape us with a fork

Forks...I thought they used ChopSticks down thier?...Bloody hell, first they steal our nuclear ideas, now our forks........what next??????
Deep

HHHHehehehe! Forks? Hehehe! Who needs forks!

The Africans eat with their hands. Anyhooo....you people don't need to worry so much. OH you worry TOO much! Just relax. Things will be better than you expect. Oh please, keep your mind. You will find, nothing is worth worrying over. Eventually you will ALL know !

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Bush won't go. Congress would never vote him out. Besides we need a conservative in office in these hard days, not a liberal.

ABSOLUTELY.

Hehehehe. I'm so happy SOMEONE is thinking as well as the Masked Avatar !!

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Springer

Your reality seems to be one where all politicians are tied together in bonds that corrupt, where activism and reform are useless, and where nothing will change in your lifetime, and you use a lot of capitalization to emphasize these points.

My reality is quite different, and based on success in reforming seemingly immutable institutions.

So be it, there is not much point in discussing impeachment processes with one who believes there is no better alternative to the existing administration and that the system is lost in hopelessness.

This thread was initiated to discuss the actual active processes involved in the impeachment of the incumbent president (which has had more people working on it than you might imagine), and I would prefer if the discussion could remain fixed on that, and the constitutionality of it, and the blockages that might be encountered, and the effects on the nation of the conspiracy to keep things quiet that are impeachable.

It is not a party political thing, and I don't want to see this thread get locked up because of people entering it to get into mudslinging the opposition. What stands on the public and performance records stands, what anyone's opinions of the opposing party's preliminary candidates is, is not relevant to the discussion.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
My "reality" is in question, or, more correctly I am questioning my "reality" of the American system politic. I have no preconceived ideas of the ability or inability of "activism" to alter the political sway.

To successfully de-throne the Boss in the USA is a huge undertaking that will require people like myself to be swayed. The laws are in place just as they were back in the 70's, the last time they were successfully used. I am pretty certain the "Boyz" have learned from Tricky Dicky's mistakes however and won't present a Watergate type scandal. This is going to require an astronomical amount of money, energy, and time which, IMHO, is not likely to be put up since there is only a year left in W's admin.

I would bet that if he is re-elected there will a rise in activity along these lines however.

Again, my original question is who is the alternative?

From where shall he or she rise?

P...
m...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Springer

Even in the most minute sense of the incumbent administration's corruption, their abuse of the intelligence agencies makes anything done by Richard Nixon pale into insignificance! They totally dismantled the inter-agency communication structures, and put the OSP in place for the strict purpose of filtering intelligence to pan for only that material that supported the corrupt PNAC agenda.

This in itself is a crime of a much higher order than wire tapping, and it is only one of thousands of things already done under the auspices of this administration that are far worse than the Watergate scandal.

But - there is no scandal (much!) Imagine that! How clever these criminals must be! Not for long.

I do appreciate your sentiments regarding the difficulty of 'dethroning King George', but the American public is soon to be over fear and paranoia and will see justice served.

On the even more difficult issue of electoral reform, I suggest don't start by looking at home. Look at effective, functional parliamentary systems overseas that lead to better representation and the trouncing of the corrupt two-party campaigning system that creates POTUSes.

If government is of the people, by the people, for the people, or any variant thereof, then stop thinking it is unpatriotic to upset the apple cart to get rid of corruption, and get rid of it.

[Edited on 22-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It may take a few votes in a few cities but they will happen, and get a little attention, that grows into a groundswell, that develops into noticable geothermopolitical instability in a few epicentres, that gets onto the political Richter scale, that folllows the Bush admin fault line all the way home...

www.times-standard.com...

Impeachment is back

Andrew Bird
The Times-Standard

ARCATA -- Impeachment is on the agenda again this week.

City Councilman Dave Meserve will ask the council at Wednesday's meeting to approve his resolution calling for the immediate impeachment of President George W. Bush and Vice President Richard Cheney.

The vote in Arcata on Wednesday is likely to attract some national attention.

Last month the Santa Cruz City Council voted to send a letter asking the House Judiciary Committee to investigate the Bush administration.

Meserve's resolution, which he is sponsoring on behalf of Veterans for Peace, is somewhat stronger.

As written when presented at an Aug. 20 meeting, the resolution reads, "The City Council of the city of Arcata calls upon the United States House of Representatives to immediately impeach George W. Bush and Richard B. Cheney."

The case for impeachment outlined in the resolution focuses on the war in Iraq and statements the president made in his State of the Union address that turned out to be false.

The City Council declined to take action at the Aug. 20 meeting, although Mayor Bob Ornelas said he would vote for the resolution.

To gauge support for the resolution, in early September Meserve and the Veterans for Peace held a town meeting, which was dominated by those who want to impeach the president.

Meserve said the resolution on Wednesday's agenda is identical to the one that came before the council in August.

He needs just one more vote to get it passed....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join