It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama will not attend memorial service for Muhammad Ali

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I'm Criticising a serving president for not attending the funeral of one of the greatest American sportsmen ever to have lived.

I didn't see a criticism in your OP, but since you fully admit that you ARE criticizing him, let me ask you this... Who will benefit most from his presence on that day? His daughter, who is alive and would be crushed if her dad attended the funeral and missed her graduation to appear politically correct? Or Muhammad Ali, who is dead, and won't even be aware of his presence, and has daughters of his own that he loved and honored?

I have no doubt that if he was running for election, his decision would be the same.

You're nit-picking.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

That's just cynical and to me plumbing the depths.

You consider cynicism of a politician to be plumbing the depths ?
Politicians invite cynicism through their actions not matching their words , Obama is no different.

As I said above , if he were running I believe his decision may have been different.

Your very shallow opinion, but that's my own humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: gortex

i suspect this is a " dammed if he does // dammed if he doesnt " tail

Of course. And very predictable. Yawn.

Besides, do you have any idea how much the President of the United States at ANY event, changes it enormously? Anywhere they go is transformed into a venue of secret service, security, caravans of vehicles, and a veritable SWAT team on every aisle. It's a circus, and it's expensive to pull off. Besides, the VP usually goes to funerals.

Lighten up.
edit on 6/8/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Criticising the man for choosing his daughter's graduation?????
You have got to be kidding me.
Let me guess, if he did the opposite this thread would be titled "Obama doesn't plan to attend his DAUGHTER'S graduation!!!"
?!?!?!

No, it would probably read "OBAMA TAKES VACATION TO VISIT MUSLIMS FUNERAL IN US," but this is a classic "Obummer," tale. Whatever he does is absolutely wrong and deserves to be nitpicked to high hell.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

No, it would probably read "OBAMA TAKES VACATION TO VISIT MUSLIMS FUNERAL IN US,"

That's hilarious. They probably would try to spin it that way.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
Obama said in his speech that Muslims are our sports heroes. What sport is he talking about, and who? Is Obama profiling?
11:50 PM - 6 Dec 2015

Follow up to June 3rd:

"Muhammad Ali is dead at 74! A truly great champion and a wonderful guy. He will be missed by all!"

And - somehow - Obama is being crucified for attending his daughters grad.

Now if this were about Obummers drone strike program I understand, but this?

LOL.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

I'm Criticising a serving president for not attending the funeral of one of the greatest American sportsmen ever to have lived.

Let me guess, if he did the opposite this thread would be titled "Obama doesn't plan to attend his DAUGHTER'S graduation!!!"

This thread wouldn't , no.

Wow, I read the OP and assumed you were at least tacitly praising him for making a sane decision.

I honestly didn't think anyone would criticize anyone for making that choice - not even a sitting president. I don't see how it's even a consideration.

I would create a thread calling him a scumbag, bad father if he had chosen the Ali funeral over his daughter's high school graduation.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It doesn't matter how great Ali was, a father's daughter should still be more important. The main priority.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

This thread wouldn't , no.

Wow, I read the OP and assumed you were at least tacitly praising him for making a sane decision.

I honestly didn't think anyone would criticize anyone for making that choice - not even a sitting president. I don't see how it's even a consideration.

I would create a thread calling him a scumbag, bad father if he had chosen the Ali funeral over his daughter's high school graduation.

I honestly think this is the desperation of what to kick Obama for before he leaves office. Bit surprised at Gortex, can only assume he/she's had one of those days.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am absolutely thrilled to ee even opponents supporting this extremely obvious decision

I still believe he gets picked on for every decision...but this is just bizarre

If this was a family member's death, I could absolutely see alterations being made....and I love Ali for his skill...but wow

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join